Updating the screen guide

Old guide had 7 screens. Of those, 3 were removed, and 4 remained.

New guide has 13 screens. 2 are rebrands/very similar to previous models, and 7 are completely new.

There is now a 3440x1440 screen (21:9), and a 4K screen.

Your comments, suggestions, and criticisms are appreciated.

(Sorry this took so long)

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824260488
144hzmonitors.com/best-gaming-monitor/
displaylag.com/display-database/
pcmonitors.info/reviews/asus-vg248qe/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

What's the cheapest gsync ips 1440p monitor?

G-Sync+IPS+144Hz+1440p is not cheap at all.

Acer XB271HU and Asus PG279Q are both $800. If you want cheap, you need to drop the G-sync, or drop the IPS.

your really dumb
youd probably fit in better at reddit

Thank you for keeping me company.

You are really dumb. he never asked for 144 Hz

Youd deff better fit at reddit.

>cries and whine about someone that still contributes to this shithole
>sends him to that sjw hole

HDMI 2.1 has variable refresh rate in specs, I wonder if that will force to unify freesync and gsync

Scraping info from newegg and placing a spun oneliner as description is not considered contribution. If you are so dumb that you need a guide to buy a monitor you shouldn't own one.

How kind of you to point out my error.

...but there are no sub-144Hz G-sync IPS screens. The answer is still the same:

>Acer XB271HU and Asus PG279Q are both $800. If you want cheap, you need to drop the G-sync, or drop the IPS.

Wow, most screens are not even on HDMI 2.0! Did HDMI 2.1 just get announced? I missed the news.

where is 4:3 screens?

They is not being manufactured. Not gaming screens, anyway.

After reading Wikipedia on HDMI 2.1, we will hopefully be able to have variable sync on both DP and HDMI. I do not think it means that we can have a unified variable sync, unless nVidia plays nice. And nVidia does not play nice.

>there isn't a single PDP
>there is nothing but shitty LCD
why even bother? terrible response times, god awful viewing angles..

LCD needs to fucking die in a fire already. worst tech that's only been kept alive by greedy fucks.

>Not a single 1080p freesync IPS monitor
Garbage list

There is this:
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824260488

Could you make a section on MicroATX? Since I don't really need that many PCIE ports I'd like to know what cases and motherboards are good, but information out there is so scattered.

I have limited resources and time at my disposal user. I am trying to get some stuff automated, but until then, I cannot really add new sections.

Any feedback on the gaming screen guide?

I am thinking of removing the 4K@60Hz screen. 60Hz is not really a gaming screen.

Is there a suitable substitute for my IBM T221 :^)

I'd say keep it in. People will want an option for 4k and until 4k 144hz is widely available that's all we have to work with.

Thank you for all the work you've done and are doing.
Your lists/websites really helped me out when buying my PC.

>until 4k 144hz is widely available
That might take a lot of time. HDMI 2.0 does not allow it, and neither does DP 1.2.

Any more opinions on including 4K@60Hz or leaving it out?

Most welcome, user. It is a community effort.

You really need to make a distinction on which panels supports ulmb. The difference between ulmb 120hz and 165hz is night and day.

What are your criteria for the cases you pick? I used the guide back when the Fractal R4 was recommended on it, but recently I noticed that there aren't any Fractal cases on it. I feel like if I were to build a computer today something like the Define C would definitely be a case I would consider, particularly when it comes to aesthetics.

I believe my screen (XB271HU) has it, but I never got around to playing around with it. Will give it a look. Thanks!

Well reviewed, good price, still in production, available for purchase. Some items are difficult to find for sale, so I cannot recommend them, even if they are good.

stop advertising such godawful display tech you ass. LCD is pure aids and needs to fucking die already.

You may think it is bad, but it is the best that we have right now. Unless you want to suggest screens that are better than what I have in the list! That would be awesome!

There are enough bad games out there that limit frame rate to 60, and enough people buying nice computers to power modded Skyrim/Fallout. Faster is better, but 30FPS didn't stop me from playing Dark Souls. If you're not playing something fast paced, 4k@60z is still a good option for many games. I vote keep it.

Thanks for the input.

Any suggestions, comments, or criticisms? Any good gaming screens that I have missed? Any screens on there that should be removed?

I don't really see the harm in leaving it in. More choice is always good.

Have you looked at this site at all?
144hzmonitors.com/best-gaming-monitor/

I have. I will put it in the sources section.

I'd forgotten that you hadn't died
Although you prevent me from saying that all tripfaggots are garbage which is irritating.

Every soul shall have a taste from the cup of death. I will go when it is my time.

Mention the Acer X34 Predator as an alternative to the 21:9 Asus ROG. They're the same screen, just with a different stand and screen controls, whichever one is cheaper makes more sense to get. Right now I think the ROG is cheaper, but prices can fluctuate.

I saw the X34, but the reviews mention that it is 75Hz, and only hits 100Hz when OCed. That, coupled with the higher price, makes it illogical.

I would add it if the price dropped significantly.

They both only hit 100Hz when OC'd, but they both are gaurenteed to OC out of the box, and are OC'd through a toggle in the menu rather than the traditional way.

Fucking finally

This is scandalous! I read several reviews, and they did not mention that the 100Hz was via an OC mode!

For the X34, it was clearly mentioned. I feel tricked.

I will have a second look at the X34 then.

Thanks!

Looking to do TN 1440p 144hz and the Acer predator looks decent because the TN is reported to be decent on it

You are stupid, go be stupid somewhere else
rekt,

m340clz superior

There are cheaper 24" TN monitors, why was that one picked?

I pick the well reviewed stuff. Gaming screens, even the cheaper gaming screens, are still very pricey when compared to normal screens. So I do not pick any off-brand stuff, if possible.

I just realized that I did not put "gaming screens" in the OP. My apologies. This update is for the gaming screens, not the normal screens.

your list is objectively shit. here is how to fix it

1) ONLY put monitors that have proper third party reviews on the list,

2) input lag... the lowest lag of a monitor tested is 09ms
displaylag.com/display-database/
there are likely some lower, but unless it's reviewed and tested, the number on the box is a bold faced lie

3) response time, just a flat out lie on all of them

no mention of their contrast, the single biggest factor in perceivable image quality, hell
pcmonitors.info/reviews/asus-vg248qe/

see that right there, take info out of that paste it next to the fucking monitor, and cite the source as it stands now, you are regurgitating the lies on the boxes. about the only numbers on boxes that aren't lies are the resolution and frequency on pc monitors, every other number is suspect due to a few manufactures a number of years ago listing size including the bezel instead of just the size of the panel.

Find/actualy use the fucking sources instead or regurgitating the press release, this could actually be useful if you do that.

Input lag is from TFTcentral. That is why I have "input lag" and response time" as two separate things.

Thanks for the two links, I will search them for more info.

I am heading to bed (almost midnight here). Please post more suggestions, comments, or criticisms, and I will work on them tomorrow morning.

prad.de does even better monitor tests than TFTcentral, you should check them out. They have an english page too, but it has less info I think? Anyway, you should be able to read out the important bits.

Also, where the hell is my Eizo Foris FS2735??

Read multiple reviews on it, and REALLY wanted to buy one for myself...

...but $1300 is $1300. When the alternatives are as good and half the price, I cannot recommend it.

I'd still put it out there. The alternatives are not 'as good', but maybe 90-95% as good. Alone the warranty is something unmatched by the competition. The software that comes with it is pretty damn awesome as well (the settings app, not the bluetooth notifications).

Then it's up to the user to decide if they wanna spend twice as much to get the last 10% out of their purchase.

Kill yourself fast

Fuck off it's helpful and a nice way to begin browsing

Np famalam. Don't get me wrong, the Asus IS a better buy because it is cheaper. The ONLY other differences between the two is that the Asus is considered to have a less horrible on screen navigation. If the X34 was available at a cheaper price, it would become a better buy. My suggestion is to just leave a note to check the X34's price at the time of buying and to buy the cheaper model. Leave it as the Asus otherwise since it's cheaper right now and has been for a while.