Have a brand new laptop

>have a brand new laptop
>i7 6700HQ, 12GB of RAM, 256 GB SSD, full HD display
>fell for the thinkpad meme a few days ago
>bought a T520 for extremely cheap
>2nd gen i5, 4GB of RAM, 320 GB HDD, 1366 display
>literally haven't even turned on my brand new laptop since I started using the thinkpad
>now thinking about making some upgrades to the thinkpad and getting rid of my shiny brand new laptop

What makes thinkpads so satisfying and addicting to use?

iktf, but mine is sandy i7 8GB RAM 1600x900, probably cheaper than the one you got.

That click when you close the lid. It's the sound of success.

>haven't tried it
>I'M GOING TO SELL IT

lol first class kids

I used it for a couple of weeks before buying the thinkpad

m8 just return the new laptop and max out the T520. You'll thank me later.

I dunno OP. I have an Asus FX50J, an i7 CPU, 8 gigs of RAM, and an x220. I am getting rid of the Asus next Monday.

They say the look old but imho it's as classy as it gets, minimalist as well, that all black matte and soft plastic feel is hard to match.

What I don't like is how thick they are.

i dunno man, i never buy used.
i always think that the used stuff that i'll buy will stop working just after the warranty.

Where do you find like-new ThinkPads like that? Are there still some hidden away in boxes or did that person just do a great job fixing it up + put the original factory stickers on there?

>Where do you find like-new ThinkPads like that?
you don't, you should cuck yourself into accepting used goods. when you know that those goods are beyond your league

This fat shaming needs to stop right now!

>full HD display
Your laptop was outdated cheap shit. When it comes to outdated shit, thinkpads are pretty good because they were good laptops when released, so nothing too surprising.

I have been using my thinkpad since december, i'm falling in love with it. Can i creampie on the keyboard without breaking it?

Lies lmao. Send pics of "shiny" laptop or it didn't happen.

And the power/charge beeps.

ERGONOMICS
learn what it means child.
might just make you rich one day.

Yeah Bro, it was creamed on by the previous owner for sure. The palm rest is more save tho.

the keyboard is satisfying

/thread

Wow thinkpads are such a whore

That's the first thing I disabled when I got mine

I got used to it. I wish the T420 still had the power low siren like my X61t does though.