Applefags will defend this

applefags will defend this

Other urls found in this thread:

bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1193494-REG/owc_other_world_computing_owc1867ddr3s32s_32gb_4_x_8gb.html
youtube.com/watch?v=bUas5LIY_ok
crucial.com/usa/en/imac-(retina-5k,-27-inch,-late-2015)-imac17,1/CT8017544
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1193494-REG/owc_other_world_computing_owc1867ddr3s32s_32gb_4_x_8gb.html

>$200 + $200 = $600
>just apple things

That's 8=200, which is still a huge overprice, but are you literally retarded?

Wow, you're math illiterate.

what about you?

is there something wrong with what I said?

its high dildoed ram tho

Why do you care if idiots overpay for things? This behavior is prevalent in all facets of the market.

>This behavior is prevalent in all facets of the market.
most times you'll see things get cheaper when they are bundled together

Apple isn't for poorfags, not sure why you're getting all uppity

That's like complaining about the price of a Lexus or BMW because you can only afford a Nissan Versa.

>when you buy a second BMW you get the second one 20% off!.... I mean on. 20% added on.

applefag here, the ram shit is nonsense. but I'm guessing all OEMs sell RAM upgrades more expensive than if you were to buy it yourself.

so buy it yourself

still no excuse for that $600 price tag when it should be $400

i´d think it is obvious why everyone should care that idiots overpay for shit
because the if people buy shit for a big amount of money
shit will get more expensive in general

At least expensive cars are good/fast unlike apple shit.

The meme you are missing is that this is SOLDERED TO THE BOARD.

Thats right, no RAM upgrades on the latest iMacs. My mom bought me one for a combined Christmas and Birthday gift last year and I had to sell it this year because 8GB is a meme in 2017

what a stupid cunt

Please don't compare macshit to bmws or a lexus, macshit is like a runestone covered honda miata at best.

>honda miata
THE VTEC JUST KICKED IN YO

that's for the 21.5 inches imac. You can still change the ram for the 27" one

why would it be $400? that'd be the same if you were to build it yourself...

OEMs charge more for upgrades, thats how its always been. move along, this thread is dumb as fuck.

>that's for the 21.5 inches imac. You can still change the ram for the 27" one

yeah it was a 21.5 inch iMac.

STILL THOUGH

The worst part was that it was a studio computer for my music bullshit and I actually liked that it saved me space and it was well designed in general but WHAT THE FUCK MAN

Like you can't even take it to Apple and have THEM upgrade it. It is permanently a 21.5 inch iMac from late 2015 with fucking 8GB of Ram.

I sold it and used the money to fund a hackintosh with 6700k, 32gb RAM and TWO solid states from Samsung for $100 less I got from selling the iMac on Ebay even AFTER seller fees.

Fuck you Apple
But I love your OS please don't go full retard and abandon the only viable commercial unix desktop.

Ableton runs like a turd on Windows I couldn't cope with this.

so what were you doing that you exceeded 8GB on an iMac?
>Gaming?
Nope.
>Serious production work, CAD etc
Nope

8GB is enough for general purposes

>$200 ram soldering fee

>200 for 2 sticks of 8GB (100/stick)
>600 for 4 sticks of 8GB (150/stick)
Really?

OMG are you all really this retarded? It's $200 per 8GB. For an extra 8GB, it costs you $200. For an extra 24GB (32GB - 8GB = 24GB), it's $600.

Jesus Christ.

OMG this site is entirely made of retarded people. See

And yet they're still not retarded enough to pay $200 for 8GB of RAM.

Really makes you think, doesn't it?

the Mac shown in the picture has user upgradable ram

OMG I KNOW RIGHT !! XD

Its like upgrading car wheels and tires.

Sure, the price is a little bit more expensive than it should be, say 17" tires and wheel are $1,000. I guess you can buy them yourself and spend around $750ish. But if you do that you can at least keep the tires and wheels the car came with and sell them off. But when you pay the grand from the dealer you dont get your stock wheels so not only did you overpay for the wheel upgrade, you lost another $500 on the old ones you might have sold.

Same thing here with Apple. Not only is their upgrade price overpriced, you dont get any reduction from the stock component.

My buddy from like 10 years ago when the student Apple discount was more than 10% used to buy macbook pros, double the RAM in them for like $50, and resell them for half of what the RAM upgrade would be and profit $200.

>applefags will defend this
they do ^^

>compares an apple computer with a car
he must be retarded

I'm not defending it, I'm explaining it as a comparison.

cars, apple, same shit. overpriced, and being ripped off.

32GB of DDR3 is like $300 at most.

Apple is asking $200 for 2x 8GB and $600 for 4x 8GB. That doesnt even fucking add up

same people who pay $1,000 for 1" larger wheels and tires when they know that you can buy those same OEM wheels with better tires for $200 each.

People are stupid, and will waste money for convenience.

dude stop it, you compare apples with bananas

>same people who pay $1,000 for 1" larger wheels and tires when they know that you can buy those same OEM wheels with better tires for $200 each.
I cant change my wheels without heavy duty equipment but I can open a back case from a cmputer and change the ream slot

Agree with you, let the poorfags stay poor

>I cant change my wheels without heavy duty equipment but I can open a back case from a cmputer and change the ream slot

First, you dont need heavy duty equipment. a jack, and a lug nut socket.
you pay someone to install the tire on the wheel, and balance them. you can probably have those same people install the tires. its usually no more than $20 each.

can you even upgrade ram on a modern mac?

Has assembling your PC gotten more expensive because Apple users are mouthbreathers?

PC hardware has gotten a whole lot cheaper in the course of my lifetime.

>My mom bought me one for a combined Christmas and Birthday gift last year
white boy detected.
I stopped getting gifts since i was 14. I stopped asking for shit. just straight cash homie.

MUH MUMSIE GETTING ME THIS FOR BDAY

get a gf

Haven taken a couple marketing classes, it's quite clear that they aren't actually adding the cost of putting in more ram, but offers a service you can pay for to get more ram.

Yes, I'm aware that it's not justifiable and totally overpriced, but that's the logic behind it, and every other computer manufacturer does the same. Also with other things like internal storage or 4G/no 4G version on phones, screen resolution on laptops, etc. Also no, I've never touched an Apple product and I never will.

>cant change my wheels without heavy duty equipment but I can open a back case from a cmputer and change the ream slot
people like you who can't change the fucking tires cause they think they need some kind of heavy machinery deserve to get ripped off. you are the kind of person we are talking about. dumb as a brick so you will overpay for anything.

bet this cunt pays someone to change his wipers

>should be $400
And that some how is better? I paid $170 for my 32gb ddr4 quad channel kit two months ago.

>I cant change my wheels without heavy duty equipment

or you know... a small jack and a lug-wrench. I guess it might be heavy for a toddler, maybe?

Lunch break is over, back to your 14 hour shift, Juan

Magical Apple ram is better

> Apple is for poorfags who want to display "wealth" as a status symbol and people who really have little clue about computers and just want to pay to pretend they never, ever will have problems.
Correct in almost all cases.

is it ECC at least?

Poor comparison. Lots of people who can only afford a Nissan Versa end up buying a BMW on credit.

kek what a buch of noobs

> hurr dur not heavy equipment hurr dur I can do it with a screwdriver
youtube.com/watch?v=bUas5LIY_ok

get real you klowns

That's a great comparison then.

You don't need that to change the wheels, that's for the tires you dipshit.

Smart guy, guess there was plenty of self entitled retards queuing up to buy them.

If it's $200 per 8GB wouldn't the 16GB version cost $400?

No, it's still 8GB more. Default is 8GB ("free"), next tier is 16GB, next is 32GB. There's no tier where you have an extra 16GB.

Defend what? Sure it's a rip off, even harder than most OEM but who cares? If you have think twice about spending pocket money on hardware, you are not the target market.

Nope.

>custom apple RAM is better than cheap chink PC ram
What a surprise!

t.

Holy shit what are you all arguing about?

For $1,799 Apple includes 2x 4GB sticks of DDR3 SDRAM 1866/7

Newegg price for 8GB 2x stick is $122 for unbuffered
16GB via 2x 8GB is $128
32GB via 4x 8GB is.... well, they dont list that option. So 2x 16GB is $385. Otherwise its $128x2 = $256

Apple is charging you $600 to fill up all 4 RAM slots so that you cant even upgrade any further.
They are not subtracting the bare spec RAM price from the upgrade.
That's $466 profit from crybabies.

Knowing Apple, this eventually won't be an option on future iMac's.

people who buy shit from apple don´t buy hardware in general
what they buy are smartphones laptops tablets and all the other stuff apple sells
and yes the prices went up with features being thrown out for those things

I won't. But I also didn't go that route. Just got the standard model then bought the RAM elsewhere for far cheaper.

I use my iMac for gaming and it runs smooth as butter on max settings. I was pleasantly surprised.

2+2 = 6
This is Apple, folks

4GB=$100
8GB=$200

2x8GB-2x4GB=$200
4x8GB-2x4GB=$600

They subtract the bare spec RAM price from the upgrade.

This is Calc I, what are you doing in Sup Forums, you retarded cucks?

Thank you for that funny, interesting and valuable contribution.

If only we had more people like you posting maybe Sup Forums wouldn't be a completely useless platform of discussion.

I have the 5K iMac and I just upgraded the ram third party.

>Ableton
mah nigga.
But do Hackintosh's have CoreAudio?

8gb of ram is not 200 dollars, its not even remotely reasonable for labor costs and shit.

>tfw Hackintosh
feels good man

It's only $600

Obviously it Apple RAM so it's better.

>This is Calc I
No, it's 2nd grade math.

>OWC
Are they somehow special or something? Can't you just use regular RAM in these Macs?

>$1700
>Max processor specs
>Probably dedicated graphics too
>Another $200 for 3rd party RAM
>macOS, so Photoshop and UNIX tools open at the same time without VM hassle
>Will probably last me at least 5-6 years, probably much longer as long as the CPU/GPU are still capable of running under load
>$700-900 less for a gayming PC that only really draws its full potential when a game is open
If we're talking dedicated machines, then this Mac is perfect for dev work.

Overpriced AF, though.

The RAM just has to have the right specs, i usually get mine from Crucial.
The OWC's from that link are 4 x 8GB and these Crucial are 2 x 16GB, same size but more expensive.

crucial.com/usa/en/imac-(retina-5k,-27-inch,-late-2015)-imac17,1/CT8017544

Why not just use hackintosh then?

I HAVE PEOPLE SELLING THEIR A1278 (Core2 in february 2011) FOR 450 EUROS.

OF COURSE THEY WILL DEFEND THAT.

Go and lease your BMW some more you scrub.

(You)

I hope you can understand

This is how a normie would understand
For tech savvy people, they know it's a rip off
2x8=200
4x8=600
Now stop baiting

So if you had an hypothetical 24GB option composed of 3x8GB, that third 8gb module would cost $200 while the first 2 cost $100 combined.
Applefags are defending this

It's a fact that Apple haters are retarded, can't even do basic math. This post perfectly illustrates it, calling them out.

Macfag triggered. Get the cages, she's about to blow!

Go eat a grilled dick sandwich you faggot

THE APPLE EXPERIENCE

>american math

>This question is featured on the American entrance exam for college, which is meant to be taken by 18 year olds

So this..........is the power of freedom

that delicious hypothetical third 8GB slot that costs different than the previous 2

You are retarded. 8GB costs $200
first 8 gigs is free, so free = total $0
16 gb, free+$200 = total $200
32 gb = free+$200+$200+$200 = total $600
remember that each 8 gigs of ram = $200

It's retarded that I even have to explain this to you, that american math.

Computer itself comes with ram installed, there is no $0 option.

...seriously?

No, that hypothetical 24gb option would cost $400, two 8gb added to the already provided 8 gb stick

I'm an apple fanatic but when I saw that they're still using 5400 rpm hard drives on the 21.5" model, I noped out of the store and built a hackintosh instead. The 1TB Fusion drive sucks with only 24 gb of SSD now unlike the previous model with 128 gb.

the best thing by trying to use that rationale is that it leaves Apple in a even worse state lel, how much does it cost an 8GB stick these days?

You're assuming that the first 8GB are free. That's absurd, because it would be like assuming every stock piece is free, then why does it cost $1799? it is not free, it is added to the total price up of the computer, up to $1799.
Following the logic the whole computer should be fucking free, retard.

The first is "free" hypothetically because it's included in the fucking base price. You can't buy an iMac with zero ram. Jesus Christ how low is the average IQ on this board?

I know, you are kidding, it always starts with second grade shit, but the next problem is matrices logarithm, right?