cpu-world.com/Compare/620/Intel_Core_2_Quad_Q6600_vs_Intel_Pentium_D_820.html
techspot.com/article/1313-intel-q6600-ten-years-later/page1.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Any Pentium G is better than this shit

Take that foker

>when the CPU bottlenecks GPUs from 3 gens ago

Ah yes, working like a charm

>MUH gayming

>Lacks modern processing power in gaming, video rendering, software compiling, or literally any task that doesn't involve Facebook
Go to bed, Grandpa

>muh current decade resolution
>muh CAD
>muh rendering

Some of us do more than jerk off to Chinese CGI.

fucking energy drain

I'm using one *right now* because my lolnovo laptop broke.

It fucking sucks. My Galaxy S3 is more responsive and any modern mid-end ARM device blows it out of the water.

I have that on my desktop and it's not very good for gaymen any more. Waiting for Ryzen.

TFW q6600 died this week.

How did this exactly happen?

lmao how

Shit proprietary cooler

Were you using an all aluminum one?

Yeah. I couldn't swap it out because of priority Mobo.

You need to upgrade to a Xeon though, so you can get over 4GHz. Q6600 stock clocks were 2.4GHz and I never got mine over 3.2GHz without silly voltage.

I've got an X5450 @4.05Ghz with R9 380 and the GPU isn't normally bottlenecked. It's competetive with stock-clocked modern i5 systems on benchmarks.

ivy was tha last good intel cpu.

locked chips could be set 4 bins above max turbo
multi core enhanecement on z7x chipsets.
stable 105mhz bclks

a 3550 at max o/c is still about equal to a 6500, after there most recent refresh, it finally gained about 10%

too bad about the taper in ipc gains, intel might have kept enhanced turbo

The problem with post sandy bridge is people REALISE these CPU's are still competetive with the very latest, so prices remain extremely high for used parts.

You can get a nice S775 system with 75% of the performance for 10% of the cost.

>TFW rolling a 2960XM in my laptop

I'm posting from an E8200. Only needed an SSD upgrade. It's still pretty snappy for common tasks.

Even pic related is fine for shitpostin'

>Tfw minesweeper is your favourite game

It surprisingly has many fans and even competitions

What kind of FPS you getting?

people are going to be spamming this shit for the next 20 years. the q6600 is like 33% faster than a ____Pentium D____ in single threaded. do you know what that means? it means your shit is hiccuping and taking seconds to display your text on fucking google if you dont turn off instant results. you can't even order a pizza on papa john's without turning flash off or click a news article on half the outlets without noscript/adblock without getting stuck scrolling and capping out an entire core and browser becoming unresponsive for several seconds every few seconds.

Let alone doing anything even remotely demanding that isn't a decade old multi-threaded workload like rendering a 720p movie or running 4 instances of onestop.midi

let the god damn meme die already.

autism

lel ok
cpu-world.com/Compare/620/Intel_Core_2_Quad_Q6600_vs_Intel_Pentium_D_820.html

techspot.com/article/1313-intel-q6600-ten-years-later/page1.html

There's nothing wrong with using a Q6600 if you don't want to play new games or some other CPU-hungry shit like video editing or whatever.
I have several builds, one of them is a E6420 based build and it still runs fine when doing basic stuff. there's no real reason to upgrade if you are happy with what you've got.

>mfw 3570K becomes the new q6600

>It's competetive with stock-clocked modern i5 systems on benchmarks.
I doubt it. even a stock 2500k is probably faster.

all that tells me is that the modern web is bloated as fuck and needs to be fixed. a q6600 can run crysis, but not modern websites?

I'd say that this has to do more with the browser itself.
If you're using a newer browser with all them "security patches" and stuff like this, it's much slower than it's 5 years old version.

Web pages have to be rendered on a single thread. Crysis was multithreaded.

Challenge accepted.

Average: 13518 MIPS
in 7zip compression test

Lets see what you get with i5, and with what GHz?

I had a q8300 and an old hard drive that were barely working. Got an x5450 for 20€ and a new ssd and i have to say the difference is astounding. Pc boots up faster, programs load up faster and everyday tasks like watching youtube and web browsing look so smooth now. I was gonna upgrade with ryzen or kaby but im perfectly fine with what i have and see no reason to upgrade

I have a Core 2 Quad Q9550 as a spare. And it can only reach 60 fps in games from 2012 by putting every slider in the options on minimum.