Why dont they make thicc software and operating systems anymore like windows vista and ios 6...

Why dont they make thicc software and operating systems anymore like windows vista and ios 6? everything has to be "flat" and looks like cancer and it sucks to use!

People used to bitch about aero etc. a ton back when it was a thing.

oh yeah, people still use 7...

Because mobile platforms ruined everything good ever.

t. time traveller from 2006

>why doesn't anyone make XBOXHUEG buttons because I'm too retarded for anything smaller/classier
this is what glossfags actually believe

Not really. It was praised by many and some people even bought a new GPU just to see the effects. The only thing people disliked about Vista was how unstable it was at release

But win8/10 actually made the buttons larger.

>Thicc software
Full circle

not in my experience, ymmv tho. I hope the glass meme dies off in my lifetime

In hindsight, Vista actually looks pretty good.

I hope you die off in my lifetime.

I probably won't since you're a fat fuck who's gonna die early into his 50s

>2017
>not using windows 7

you have no excuse to stop using windows 7 until support ends in 2020.

it's already died off, only Sup Forums autists like OP like it

I hope so, windows 7 without ricing looks like garbage

I was there. Had Vista machine and it worked fine. Hell, i've seen every regular OS they've put out since 3.1 also a few NTs before they became the base.

ONE thing they did wrong and that was giving machines that could not run Vista properly a green light. They got sued for that later of course.

They also put [some] effort into weeding out pirates which caused some butthurt. "LOL VISTA SUX"

But i am using windows 7 with a thicc vista skin.
also fuck support. its not like you cant use it after

vista is objectively a bad windows xp reskin. It brought nothing new other than muh desktop widgets afaik

>It brought nothing new other than muh desktop widgets afaik

get a load of this idiot

vista changed huge parts of the kernel which lead to the lack of drivers at launch

so.... its worse than a reskin? IMHO vista was just a huge fuckup

Windows XP still gets updates for POS machines , with one registry tweak you too can get those updates. I bet Windows 7 will still be supported for a few years after 2020.

cuz I dont want my OS looking like a fisher price toy

>no directx 10 or 11

may as well just use linux

I loved the way Vista looked when it came out. I also love flat design. Windows 8 was so much better looking. I still love the way Vista looks, there's just something about 7 that throws it off, but I can't help but feel they look dated. Never did like the way pre-iOS 7 looked though. I do agree though, even if I do like flat design I can't stand that it's basically everywhere.

>caring about directx

can you children just go back to Sup Forums already

>tweaking the registry for unofficial updates when you can just install POSReady 2009
Pirating it's the easiest shit ever.
>download the ISO from microsoft.com
>google "POSReady 2009 key"
>install with key

It's like rebellious teenager trying to prove to their parents he's not a child anymore

It was bad at launch because manufacturers weren't making Vista drivers and MS was labelling systems as 'Vista Ready' when the specs couldn't handle it, along with splitting it in to 7 different versions.

What Vista changed under the hood was NEEDED for Windows to survive (better driver model, better security) in the future.

Because ugly design is the new trend now.

a vocal faggot minority complained about these types of design because they're sad individuals that need novelty in their empty lives. The same type that asked for yearly upgrades in both hardware & software. Now you understand all the ills plaguing the world of technology

>Wanting to use an os thats made out of blue toothpaste.
>Cluttering ui with useless visual information.
>Not streamlining graphical processes to peak efficiency.
Windows 10 might be a botnet but the overall rectangular vector look is miles better.

The reason people hated vista was that it came after xp. Everything outside of the shiny glass buttons saw a huge downgrade in quality.

Nerds will get nostalgic over anything once the general population moves on from something.

this

flat is absolute cancer design

I love you

ok

Is there any way to make 7 look like vista? That taskbar looks sexier than the bloated w7 one.

>"thicc"
kill yourself

/gd/ here, flat design has been the easiest money of my life

fuck you

Be the change you want to see in the world!

Flat is better. You have shit taste in anesthetics.