angular.io/docs/ts/latest/guide/ngmodule.html
raw.githubusercontent.com/facebook/react/master/PATENTS
angular.io/docs/ts/latest/quickstart.html
risingstars2016.js.org
blog.mgechev.com/2017/01/17/angular-in-production/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

what

looks cool, share the source?

After experimenting with it, I felt React was a better solution.

I've only used Angular 1.5 and it's really nice once you wrap your head around it, but:

- It's shit for SEO (I heard Angular 2 has tools to fix it but I don't know)
- Performance goes out the window if your views have many bindings

Depends, I personally prefer a full framework (ng) to a simple view library (react), because ng implements everything you need to make a full app and it's opinionated (the angular way), so everyone has to follow the same guidelines and architecture, whereas with react ,you have to combine it with a bunch of other libraries and you have a choice to make your own architecture, so there is no clear way to make a react app, and two react apps made by different devs will never have the same arch, working with angular in teams is better because everyone is following the same clean protocol.

Never heard of it before but I like it by the snippets o can see in your cap. Also like the look of that IDE

It's WebStorm IDE, perfect for angular, code.visualstudio.com is free and also good.

if you'd like to play with Angular: angular.io/docs/ts/latest/tutorial/

Use angular-cli to bootstrap your project quickly without creating files manually: cli.angular.io

Thanks user, just sent this thread as a PDF to my laptop to check those links out later. Definitely seems interesting

it's pretty cool, you can even make native cross-platform mobile apps with it (one code for native iOS and Android apps): docs.nativescript.org/angular/tutorial/ng-chapter-0

I already have 2 apps running in production

That's exactly why they would not prefer Angular. It means they can hack together whatever however they like.

yes
i have done

eh, no. i prefer when there are clear rules and protocols everyone follows, i don't like this facebook's culture of complete chaos.

I think the idea is that microservices which can interact with each other easily means the implementation can be whatever you want. As long as each component can be rigorously tested. Then what's the harm

what do you mean by microservices?

...do you mean something like this: angular.io/docs/ts/latest/guide/ngmodule.html

I spent a 3 months developing an Angular 1.5 e-learning website.

It took me 2 days to re-write the whole thing to react.

we're talking angular 2+ here actually

IDE?

Thats not what a microservice is.

Something that isn't free (not as in beer nor as in freedom), WebStorm

who the flying fuck IS angular here?

if you are one, off yourself m8.
fucking cancerous faggots.

we have ECMAScript 6, you can stop using this cuck shit already.

and then you realize that react is patented code and you're intentionally putting yourself at legal risk of facejew by using it, for no good reason since all of react can pretty much be done with other frameworks WITHOUT patent risk.

retard.

raw.githubusercontent.com/facebook/react/master/PATENTS

before some retard says it isn't patented

I prefer react. Does angular still have no compile time errors on templates? Its what threw me off initially. I mean string templates, what year do we have, why on earth can't they just use JSX.

its some intelij variant but VS code is much better imo (unless maybe if you are already cucked by them and know the IDE 100% then its probably more efficient).

because JSX is shitty?

you have shit like choo, bel, hyperx which don't need to be fucking compiled by your retarded gulp/webpack/whatever faggy build tool chain and actually come out better.

hell if you like to be a functional cool kid, you even have shit like hyperscript

does hyperscript work with angular? I don't particullary mean jsx. I just don't want to use fucking string literals.

probably not.

angular is pretty embedded with that ng-ism bullshit since it's pre template string ECMAScript 6.

theoretically you could, but you'd be better off with another framework.

you can use shit like hyperscript with react, but i can't recommend react since it's nonfree software.

angular 2 has compile time errors on templates, and uses typescript 2 (basically ES6 but strongly typed, line 6 on OP's code)

>line 6

16*

> why on earth can't they just use JSX

long answer: because JSX is cancer and completely unnecessary, angular achieves the same thing and more with HTML

short answer: JSX is unnecessary cancer

wow

angular 2 requires more transpiling cancer

jesus fucking christ.

its compile time but when angular compiles it, not when typescript gets compiled, right? (at least thats how it used to be last time i checked) I want it to fail at the typescript compile time because when I get a static type checker like typescript I want to have 100% type coverage and string literal templates are a weakness.

>completely unnecessary

not true, see reasons above.

>app logic on client side
LOL

> I'm an idiot.
your a gigantic faggot. C Book, dipshit.

ya because ng-fdmsakfdsafdsa attrs in your shitty html are so great instead of having proper designed templating languages, like i don't know template literals which are fucking in javascript?

kill yourself angular cuck.

> Angular
Because Java have too little scaffolding and boilerplate and tools that you need to use.

I like that McDonalds has an angular XSS vulnerability right now because they are a framework baby that used angular.

good thing they never take input from their customers

fuck angular.
use react

fuck react
use angular

what are you even on about nigger

Fuck this shit, I'm out of here.

Vue.js shits on Angular and React.

Angular 2's bootstrap code is a fucking cancer. I waited so long for Google to get their shit together, and then RC5 right before release changes up core shit and makes it a pain in the ass to fuck with.

Fuck it. I'm done with Angular 2. Angular 1 was ok, albeit not very elegant. I've moved on to React. It's so nice working with something that feels more like programming rather than abstracting the fuck out of everything with stupid typed shit that was never intended with JS and all.

Fucking make a new standard language if you want something completely different than JS. JSX is at least basically JS with sprinkles on top.

That's why you take a snapshot and redirect the crawlers to it with robot.txt

javascript frameworks in a nutshell

so guys, why the fuck should I switch to angular 2?

Fuck angular
Reinvent the wheel

wtf is angular

If you're not completely retarded you should have a build process for Angular too. And Gulp is so shit it doesn't even count.

Vue is half the size of React.

vue > react > angular 1 > angular 2 > angular 3

They're trying with Dart, but it doesn't seem to be catching on very well.

> .ts

Youre text editing mpeg2 transport streams?

Kek

Angular shit the bed shill, it will never catch up to react or even vue.

ah yes, vue, the framework of choice of unemployed

lel

Angular 2 is a bloated mess. Vue is lightweight and significantly faster.

Should I start a project using Angular or Angular2?

If you're considering Angular, you could just use Vue, which can be quite similar to idiomatic Angular 1.5+ and has way less useless bloat. You don't need a framework to fetch some JSON with a neat API these days, and you can always include some polyfill if you want to support old shit.

You pretty much need build tools for Angular 2 so you might as well use React if that's your thing.

Ng1 = abandoned when Ng2 gets >50% of the downloads
Ng2 = bloated, incoherent, extremely slow, extremely big

What exactly IS Angular?
I just write html/css/javascript and use some jquery just for shortcuts and some basic functions missing in native javascript.

What do you use Angular for specifically? I don't understand it.

what bloat are you even talking about, I'm not sure you understand what angular2 is, there is no bloat first of all, plus there is ahead of time compilation which accelerates the final build by up 30% and reduces the bundle size by half, if you're concerned about delivering your app to mobile via 3g/4

nobody cares about vue, let's be brutally honest here, all job listing and offers I get on LinkedIn is 50/50 react and angular2, literally zero times in my 4 years of experience with web agencies I've been asked if i know vuejs.

Angular 2 of course: angular.io/docs/ts/latest/quickstart.html

Single page applications with lots of views and moving parts.

>ahead of time compilation

Like what every non-retard has been doing with Angular 1's template cache and (insert build automation tool here)?

Dude it's like 150kb of bloated JS. It's bloated as fuck.

>user with slow Internet stares at white page for 5+ seconds

Literally garbage.

Complex Web/Mobile Applications (not websites but Applications), where you need to reuse components easily thought the application.

Ex: Think administration, analytics, telemetry dashboards, where all data is flowing in from all directions at the same time and you need to handle it quickly and update the UI accordingly without worrying too much about UI updating logic.

You build your angular apps by constructing small isolated components, each one has it's own purpose and logic built in (how to manage and display the data) and you can reuse each component across the applications without rewriting any code.

Of course to components can interact with each other to build even more powerful and complex app logic.

Vue is #1

risingstars2016.js.org

real world application currently in production, interesting read: blog.mgechev.com/2017/01/17/angular-in-production/

Thanks. This makes a lot of sense to me now. If I do custom one off interfaces there is not much benefit from angular.
Going to try to use angular when I do my web control panels. Looks like it forces good design practices and makes something maintainable.

How large do your angular app bundles end up?

I heard that even if you pre-compile and do everything important, it's still going to be like 500kb, which is horrible.

Tree-Shaking doesn't count because eventually, you're just going to end up using those features it cuts off as your app grows.

>Looks like it forces good design practices

I really does, just please, be sure to use angular cli to bootstrap, compile and manage your projects via terminal cli.angular.io

>Going to try to use angular when I do my web control panels

actually angular would be very appropriate for something like this

Angular 2 is a meme from Google, it takes to much time to learn and is not worth it, when Google deprecates Angular 2 in favor of Angular 4 making backwards incompartible and making you relearn everything again I'm going to LMAO in the face of all those who defent that bloated framework.

I prefer PHP as my backend personally.

I tried out meteor/react stack and felt it was a shitstorm. Looked at angular but 2.X was only just made public at the time so didn't invest anything into it.

JS libraries/frameworks just feel so disjointed when I look into them.

But this patent just says 'you can do what you want but you can't sue us for the anything to do with the software.'

I would like to learn it