Buy overclockable 1440p IPS monitor in early 2012 for $295

>Buy overclockable 1440p IPS monitor in early 2012 for $295
>it gets broken last week in move
>go to buy a new one
>Overclockable 1440p monitors are now 375-400+

What the fuck? Why has this not gotten cheaper after 5 years?

Companies keep supplies low to maintain high prices, ofc

But the supply of Korean panels seems pretty high.

gaymans discovered 1440p due more powerful GPUs

My catleap I paid $330 for about 5 years ago is probably an even better purchase than my i5 2500k. That's how good it is.

Whole time faggots on this board were saying this shit would die in a year.

overclockable? like the refresh rate?

Yeah, these panels could be adjusted up to 90-110hz without issues.

I got $260 Shimian Achieva up to 100hz. The same monitor now would be like $500.

And my expensive Dell UH2715H can't do this?

kek I noticed this last year when my HP monitor from 2007 died.
Bought two cheap Acer monitors and with cheap I mean that each one costs the same as what the HP did years back in 2007.
Image quality, viewer angles etc isnt even that better.

The panel used in the Korean ones is the same lg panel that was in the $999 Apple cinema display, but the Koreans used a different board that allowed higher refresh rates.

>Omg price went up as demand got higher!
You have to be 18 to view this site.

Those Korean 1440p panels were super hot back then. I'd say demand is likely down.

>Whining about a $400 monitor

Get a job?

Because your expensive UH2715H is a high quality panel that actually passed QA and also has good power delivery.

These retards and their Korean garbage monitors are buying factory reject panels that failed QA attached to thermonuclear detonators pretending to by power supplies.

When you see their house burning down on local news, know your spending more for a proper monitor saved you from it.

the cheap korean monitors use panels that didn't pass QA from samsung or LG, and they use a really simple controller board that only has one input (usually dual link DVI) and no OSD. only one brightness setting, sometimes only support native resolution. the simpler the board is, the better it will overclock.

I'd rather not

The panels are shit compared to what you'd see in a good display. I know because before I got my 5k display I had a 1440p Qnix. The colors were good but the contrast was shit. It also had terrible IPS glow.

Also the colors were "good" as in they weren't shit. They certainly weren't anywhere near what you'd get with a high quality display.

OVERCLOCKING DESTROY MONITORS

They were actually quite good for the first couple years. Around 2014 they started replacing the panels with shitty ones and quality went down.

Nah they just drop frames

Is this some kind of industry standard?

No they don't.

Some newer ones do. Most don't.