Is there a way to send and receive SMS messages for free on a PC?

Is there a way to send and receive SMS messages for free on a PC?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lX1prXIjFt0?t=60
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Use your email provider and then just locate the proper address for the person's phone carrier.
As an example address
[email protected]

That's very complicated. Is there a legit service or app or website that does it all?

bumplestein

yes

>doesn't mention any details
phone os
pc os
browser you use
are you ok with it using mobile data or wifi
does it have to not spy on you
does it need to be open source

also you know we have a thread called sqt dedicated to spoonfeeding people right?

Why would any of that matter lol

It's a pretty simple query

are you fucking dense, there are app that do this exclusively on android phones with chrome web browser

seriously and I'm not saying this ironically or in anger or anything like that if you're over 18 and this stupid I honestly think you should consider killing yourself

I'm using windows 10 and I'm not going to KMS

you know what I'm not helping you anymore
1) you didn't post in the thread Sup Forums has dedicated to answering questions
2) you only answered one of the things I needed to know to help you
3) you used the term KMS so either you're posting from your phone or you're under 18

You seem upset. Maybe a little tired bb?

download bluestacks and go from there

epic post, really got you closer to answering a question you can figure out using google in under 2 minutes :^)

I've tried google. Didn't find much.

Surely there's a little simple program for just this purpose.

> bluestacks
Will investigate...

no there is but I can't help you sinnce you still haven't told me the details I need before I can recommend you something, also IIRC bluestacks would require your pc to have a sim card reader and GSM capabilities

phone os
>i dont have a phone
pc os
>windows 10
browser you use
>chrome
are you ok with it using mobile data or wifi
>I don't have this ability
does it have to not spy on you
>Don't care
does it need to be open source
>Don't care

You could try TextNow.

Fuck off, cunt. Bluestacks is such shit that it downloads garbage while you are not using it.

>>i dont have a phone
ok I fucking massively misunderstood I thought you meant using your pc instead of the phone to send/receive messages, you can't do it, if you could everyone would be doing it you COULD do it (but not for free)
you'd just need to buy sim card reader and some gsm module and maybe an arduino, then I'd imagine with this being quite obscure you'd have to write all the software yourself then just get a sim card and load it with credit and you'll be good to go

youtu.be/lX1prXIjFt0?t=60

maybe the new one does but the old version was free and didnt have adds. im sure you can still find those versions around

lol dang.

I thought I could pay for it on Skype? If it's more than like $5 a month, though, it's not really worth it.

I think skype does offer it, why not just use something like xmpp + otr, youre friends can use it on their phones you can use it on PC, it's free, it's encrypted and the government can't read what you put on it

doesnt OS X + iOS do this now?
I know you can send imessages from the desktop, but I think they have included SMS now too

google voice

how has no one else said this

yahoo messenger used to be able to send sms. don't know if it still does or not.

how is 2002?
buckle up the future is not what you think.

>2002
I sent sms with it in 2016 through my yahoo mail account, f-faggot. but I don't see a way to do it now. might have to install messenger.

Op's picture.

i use google hangouts to make free calls and text on android and pc. they even assign you a phone number from your area code

Google Voice can do this as a part of Hangouts.

>inb4 botnet
If it isn't through a service, it's actually illegal since it involves hacking the phone system.

>That's very complicated
t. dumbass

GroupMe can do this online, the person receiving doesn't need to use the app

>sending emails is complicated
Maybe pen and paper is more your speed friend

you dont have a phone?

Nope

Well I have a land line, but I've never owned a cell.

Well how do I find out this presumably invisible email address?