/dpt/ - Daily Programming Thread

What are you working on, Sup Forums?

Old thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

semver.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=oyLBGkS5ICk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First for Java and actually having a job.

What's your job?

C++ embedded developer.

on github lets say im the root of a code repository and someone sees my code they can download it but they can't add to it?

if they add to it whats preventing them from just erasing it out and pushing it unto there?

They can make a pull request

>C++
>embedded
I thought C++ is too heavy language for embedded development.

so does that mean i have to verify what they changed and decide whether to make change it in the repository?

yes

Here it is in an analogy:

That repo is your locker. If he takes anything or puts anything in there he is forfeiting rights to freedoms and thus both are immediately forbidden, You, however, as gracious as you are, have decided that you want everyone to get to see your homework and work so you paste copies of these works to a clipboard and allow people to take them for free meanwhile you keep statistics of the happenings. Eventually you leave a comment box. That comment box is in a working environment and thus must remain relevant. You have created two kinds of slips for commenting. Push requests, in which people push functionality into your design by mentioning it or pull requests, where people request you pull functionality from the program because it sounds too much like that time my fifth grade teacher kept whispering in my ear because she liked how it gave me goosebumps.

Welcome to anime website.

btw I have never used git to do anything but download

disregard post

There's already a thread, faggot.
Reported.

report me then bitch

You can retract changes, moreover, you can set rules how other users can work with your repo.

Done. and stop bumping this stupid faggot thread.

No anime.

What kind of versioning do you prefer?
>2.9 -> 2.10
or
>2.9 -> 3.0
?

semver.org/

Stop samefagging and bumping you stupid fucks. We already have a proper thread here Reported

It is a lot of the time, you just use a subset of it. No exceptions, no heap-using structures, so std::string and alikes are down.

That's kind of versioning which always made me wonder, because 2.1 = 2.10

youtube.com/watch?v=oyLBGkS5ICk
tl;dw fuck that shit