I have finally installed Debian GNU/Hurd on my pc, i feel so fucking free right now

I have finally installed Debian GNU/Hurd on my pc, i feel so fucking free right now.
What are your excuses Sup Forums?? why don't you use the Hurd? are you scared to be free??

Other urls found in this thread:

commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:D-Arcy_Norman_-_RMS-Ucalgary_-_10_(by).jpg
creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)],
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

because i don't have an entire life to understand how it works.
/thread

>implying freedom of software is more important than usefulness of software
I'll always be willing to give up some freedom if that makes things more convenient

And exactly what advantages would I get from using the Hurd kernel?

>What are your excuses Sup Forums??
i'm comfy with proprietary software

you get a microkernel that doesn't have the problem of the kernel panic.

Sounds kinda worthless, I don't experience kernel panics.

>looks like we have a newfag over here

Why does freedom need to be complicated then?

Why would you need to understand how ti works? Do you understand how Windows works? Do you understand how your iPhone works? Do you understand how your car or the ATM work?

Does the Debian CD #1 contain Lxqt? Is there any way to tell what comes on the CDs or DVDs?

Hurd is terrible. No wonder RMS insists on calling it GNU/Linux. Seems like he can't cope with the fact that he never managed to develop a working kernel.

>he never managed to develop a working kernel
Why would he? The goal of the GNU project was to be able to run a 100% free operating system. Once Linux filled the kernel gap, there was no reason to finish Hurd.

Because they just stuck shit together and never bothered about making it simple.

Because free software advocates don't want stuff to be easy. RMS just has to be the underdog. If everyone was using free software he wouldn't have anything to rant about. Just look at the Open Source movement. It's arguably way bigger than the FSF so he now rants about it. Not because Open Source people have betrayed the Free Software philosophy, but because nowadays more and more people know what Open Source is and he doesn't have to explain it to everyone like his autistic mind commands him to. That's why he's taken to correct anyone who calls him the "father of Open Source" or something. He just feels way more important yet underappreciated that way.

Use QubesOS faggot.

idgaf

Because I already use OpenBSD which is already production quality unlike Hurd and is even freer than Hurd.

That's just Linux dude

Fuck off, passfag.

Unlike you I've actually used Qubes. It's Linux + Xen

Nobody cares. You have a literal containment board just for you, stop being cancerous here.

Stop suggesting that Linux can't panic. Trolling is flat-out against the rules here.

So either you're a) absolutely ignorant of how shit works or b) trolling.

Either you need to lurk moar or you need to get banned. Sorry dude.

fuck off, gay ass pass nigger. auschwitz is waiting for you

Stop taking the bait.

You can't bait the best (me)

>xfce

>Trolling is flat-out against the rules here.
>Thinking anyone gives a fuck about the rules on Sup Forums

>ayuda

lmao

Picture of OP

>not Debian GNU/kFreeBSD

I want to see a source based distro on GNU/Hurd.

MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

Why should I choose GNU/Hurd over OpenBSD for my next computer?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. You appear to be using an element from this image in your post: commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:D-Arcy_Norman_-_RMS-Ucalgary_-_10_(by).jpg

You may have done this accidentally, but you've violated the terms of its copyright license. This is a serious offense and I hope you take it as seriously as it deserves.

Not to say that you're not allowed to create derived works from this image, you are, but this picture is released under the Creative Commons Attribution 2.0 Generic license. Therefor, you are free:

to share - to copy, distribute and transmit the work;
to remix - to adapt the work;

Under the following condition:

attribution - You must attribute the work in the manner specified by the author or licensor (but not in any way that suggests that they endorse you or your use of the work).

In this case, the attribution requirement is resolved simply by including the following in your post:

By D'Arcy Norman from Calgary, Canada (RMS@Ucalgary - 10) [CC BY 2.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons

Now that you have read this, I hope you have a better understanding of your rights and obligations when remixing and sharing this work. They will let you edit, now be nice and credit~

>spanish
Stop using white technology, shitskin. It is not made for you.

This, it actually works at least

> Do you understand how Windows works?
yes
>Do you understand how your iPhone works?
yes
>Do you understand how your car or the ATM work?
yes, it uses windows xp

>pure GNU as stallman intended
Too bad it doesn't have sound. Didn't it get USB support 2 years ago?

It's a pile of wank you beaner.

>>Do you understand how Windows works?
>Sys
How are sockets implemented at the syscall level in windows, what part of the kernel is userspace communicating with when sending IP based data?
>>Do you understand how your iPhone works?
>yes
What is the binary encoding scheme of plist files? What is the scheduling algorithm that iOS uses for processes?

If you can't answer these, plus the myriad of other detailed questions I could come up with about these OS's then you don't understand how they work.

yes

Nice DE. Name?

What about drivers? Hurd has same drivers as Linux kernel?
I don't want to try it on my laptop just to know that my wifi won't work.

And I already have arch system set up for myself.
Maybe when I get desktop or new laptop, maybe then...

I don't think freedom has to be complicated necessarily.
I'm just saying that
if I have to choose between proprietary software or the free alternative and the proprietary version works better, then I won't feel bad for choosing the proprietary one.
If there's a free alternative that's at least as good as the proprietary, then I'll of course take the free one.
But sometimes, there just isn't a piece of software that's both free and also works well enough.

Maybe he's from Spain or Argentina.