I'm applying for a job as a django backend developer (spare me your memes)

I'm applying for a job as a django backend developer (spare me your memes).

I did a short assignment that was rated very positively and I have also shown them loads of my code on github. I have now been invited to an interview and they're telling me there's gonna be 1-1.5 hours of 'technical questions'.

Why exactly do they do this? I have demonstrated successfully that I do in fact have the skills I mentioned on my resume, do they really need to make me write a fizzbuzz and ask me about fucking manhole covers or being shrunk and thrown into a blender? Why is this allowed?

bump

life is a series of tests.
They made these questions to see how much a person sperg out and then hire them based on it.
It is idiotic, but some people do it.

Do not attend
Make them feel the loss of you

What would you do if I answered your question with a question? If you have demonstrated successfully that you do in fact have the skills you mentioned on your resume, why are you afraid of a technical interview? How would you deal with the fact of being unable to self bump your thread? What if I tell you that it has been like this for 4 years? How do you deal with people who sage your thread? I am afraid you're not what we are looking for. Ho!

>Make them feel the loss of you
>this is what snowflakes unironically believe

AHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA

If you can't handle the slight annoyance of a ridiculously long interview, how can said company expect you to perform under the pressures an actual career throws at you?

I'm not afraid, I'm just interested what's the point and how is it going to improve they knowledge about whether or not to hire me.

And I changed my VPN server before bumping user.

It's not like it's my first job. I'm wondering what information are they hoping to acquire from it.

Just run mang.
If you have already shown some code, they most likely were too lazy to check it out so they have you come back to rest you again inside something they master. This is a very good indicator that the company sucks and do not care about who they hire as long as you can do their shirty test.

>And I changed my VPN server before bumping user.

Ad it didn't work, you were still on page 5.

>not knowing about physical address
>not knowing about cookies
>not knowing about supercookies

You have everything you need to fail that interview and it's easy to tell; no wonder you're scared.

I'm not scared, and no I wasn't. I'm sure I will pass the interview with flying colours.

I don't accept cookies, supercookies are a meme, Sup Forums has no way of knowing my mac.

>I-I'm not s-scared as fuck guise, I'm just insecure about an interview for the easiest job ever for no particular reason, even though I'm 1337 coder

And yet again you have showed us that you're gonna flunk the interview. I would very much like to see you impotently greentexting the story; by all means, come back and make us laugh.

Where did I say anything remotely suggesting I'm scared? What are you trying to achieve user? Starting pointless arguments for no reason? How does it feel to be so insecure/autistic and project that onto everyone?

>talking about insecurity and projecting while you project your insecurity

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>you shouldn't be able to tell how scared I am

We can tell just fine.

There must be a motive to you starting this thread. Otherwise, you're just blogging. Sad!

Ok pal. I'm sure that makes sense in autismland. Maybe the vaccines got to your head or something. Please just leave the thread if you have nothing nice to say, thanks.

>I have now been invited to an interview and they're telling me there's gonna be 1-1.5 hours of 'technical questions'.

It's evaluation how well you play ball with other brogrammers. Measure your normie and chad potential. If you're insufficiently bro, they'll say you're "overqualified" (the very positive feedback is a setup for that end route).

Very, very few companies hire on pure technical merit. At the very least it's 50/50. They had their share of issues with socially maladjusted prima donas before.

>my blog is a safe space, I made it expecting only nice comments to reassure me and calm my fear, nothing negative allowed

You should go back to Plebbit and blog there. It's not like it would work anyway, because your employer would find out and not hire you. Let us know what company and we will put up a good word for you faggot.

I'm a maladjusted faggot when it comes to my personal projects; when working in a company I accept that it's ultimately an exchange of my time for their money so whoever is my manager gets to be in charge of what I do, I can only offer my efforts and expertise. So I rarely get into arguments with coworkers etc.

I'll be sure to come here and post when I get an offer. Making screenshots right now for the BTFO collage.

>I'm a maladjusted faggot when it comes to my personal projects

That's a red flag right there. I too think you won't be hired, and you probably shouldn't. It's just that there are better candidates.

This only works if you have a Ph.D from MIT and have won prestigious awards.

As I said, you will be BTFO when I get an offer. I will make a collage about it and you'll know you were told, you fucking nigger. Get the fuck out of my thread.

When I make a project in my spare time for my own entertainment I get to say what goes in it. What's so shocking about it?

wew lad you better make sure this post ends up in the collage too, I bet your boss is gonna give you a promotion when he sees it

That's some impersonator, not me

This poster is not me. I am me. Do not let anyone tell you otherwise.

I made a fool of myself like in few interview attempts before, so maybe I'm just projecting.

Eventually got a personal sales guy who gets 30% and is basically my face to deal with this presentability faggotry, it's well worth it to offset autism.

My livelihood is scraping data somewhat in demand from websites and spamming potential buyers.

>What's so shocking about it?

Nothing, it's just that there are plenty of other people who also do projects for entertainment in their spare time and they're extremely disciplined about it. The only shocking thing is that you expect to be hired over them just because you do the same thing but worse and with a snowflake attitude. Good luck I guess, sounds like you will need it.

I don't think I come across half as difficult as you assume in real life. I really am easy to work with; I offer my $0.02, but I happily agree to do whatever is required of me even if I personally would have done something else. Never had any problems with professional relationships.

Developer / Programmer / etc is a very special type of job in that it is relatively high paying, and you can pass all online tests by dumping copypasted codemonkey tier shit into it. There are also even cases where people pay other programmers to take an online interview for them.

You need to have business sense and the ability to attack a problem in any way you want and get it done quick. You shouldn't fear this interview, it's your chance to shine even harder. If they give you a bullshit question, you should answer truthfully that the way they have suggested to do it is out of date and you have a better way. Before you spout memes about them ending the interview based on that, if that was the truth and you weren't being pedantic then you didn't want to work there anyway

Have you demonstrated that you didn't pay some Pajeet to do your assignment and that you didn't clone your github code and search&replace all the identifying names?

If so, they want to make sure you're not weird and that they can have a meaningful, high throughput technical conversation with you.

Some people are pretty good at churning out solutions for stated problems, but completely unable to scope out a problem. Some refuse to ask for help if they're stuck on something. Some don't speak the language sufficiently. All three are really hard to work with.

>i exchange my time for money

Never ever say out that loud, and try to give off different vibe than this. HR wants to see you have a "work ethic" - meaning you derive personal sense of accomplishment from work done. "Im just doing this for the money" _is_ a narcissist attitude "your shit is boring, but i guess i'll do it if you pay me good". Notice that both sides of posturing is not really grounded in reality, yet this dance is played anyway.

It's the same difference between a date and date rape. "I'm dating you only because I want to have sex with you". Duh. But never say that out loud.

This shit is overwhelmingly faked by everyone except the biggest retards and people with a stake in startup who have genuine vested interest and drive, but it is a good litmus test of "social skill" done by HR. Remember that social skill in practice means your ability to fake and lie (even irrationaly to yourself) while going with the flow at the same time.

Excellent points, thanks. i did not consider that people could cheat on that since it would take a lot of effort and would be revealed sooner or later in actual job anyway.

Another good point, although obviously I'm gonna say that I'm "passionate". The job doesn't sound boring from their description either, and I'm sure I'm gonna have at least some fun doing it, but ultimately almost everyone starts hating their job eventually, no matter what it is.

I am in my 20's make $34/hr on average and absolutely loathe y job now but I get a paycheck and show up smiling every day.

my job was really interesting when I started.

Nailed it

Play the game. "Think as you think, but do as others do"

You have to deal with HR bimbo cunts at every turn these days. Show up, smile, pretend your whole existence is geared towards "adding value" to whatever company/startup you are applying to and just get the fucking contract.

The HR interview is scheduled afterwards and is supposed to take 30 minutes. I'm expecting to hear about the terms and conditions of possible contract.

Just jump through the hoops, monkey. Do you want a job?

if you get stuck, ask them why they're asking you the question

ask them if you can google anything

t. dev at a big company

Because an industry that is "desperate for developers" is so over saturated with developers that companies get thousands of applicants for one job and rightfully believe they can fuck with applicants to weed them out.

Mix with the fact that most people don't have a fucking clue how to properly assess another person's skills, but they enjoy the power trip none the less.

You think this is bad? Wait until AIs start taking over jobs.

If you don't know something, just say "it is my understanding that ___" a lot and show your thought process.

Why is OP a faggot and how in the fuck does a thread of this shit caliber stay up for so long

>Why exactly do they do this?
Your resume can be a lie. Your github as well.

You cannot lie when they test you in person.