How is Sup Forums liking the new malwarebytes? It now replaces your antivirus

How is Sup Forums liking the new malwarebytes? It now replaces your antivirus.

Other urls found in this thread:

clamwin.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Common Sense 2017 still seems like a better choice to bh.

these trial versions of Mcaffe and stuff are shit. I can't believe they are allowed to run without actually working and don't set off the notifications that you have no antivirus if the trial expired.

>antivirus
if you need AV, get kaspersky. everything else is a joke and gives you a false sense of protection.

you're better off with no AV because at least then you'll be extra careful about what you download and run.

Even when I do somehow the nasty buggers still can get through.

Is the active protection on Malwarebytes not trash anymore?

>not using Windows Defender
absolute pleb.tiffany

>Russian Protection

lel

Kaspersky is overrated.
ESET Nod 32 is king.

>he trusts a machine to keep you away from viruses
God is the only power i trust in to ward away the virus plague

Is there a
>good
>open source
>windows compatible
Antivirus?

it's better than any ameriburger NSA infiltrated shit.

>Kaspersky is overrated.
lel'd. it's the only AV deployed at most banks and fin institutions.

Terrible. I stick to 2.2.1, it's not like you have to update. Engine works the same and databases still update. Real time protection is trial/paid only and the whole point of malwarebytes is that it is not running constantly, which means it's not data mining you 24/7 like all AV.

I lost faith in it when it wanted to spend a literal minute spinning up to scan a single fucking file.
Original version was good, 2+ a shit.
You can actually send your shit to virustotal and get feedback faster than it takes to even start and they use it as well.

>Windows Defender defending against anything substantial

If only, my son.

ClamWin
clamwin.com/
Surprisingly enough, I've caught things with it that both mbam and wd didn't. Even infected apk files I had stored on my hard drive.

Bitdefender is good too.

It's shit

Why did they turn the free version into a castrated premium? I used MBAM as an on-demand scanner, I don't want it to constantly run in the background.

Plus it installs some anonymous "driver" to scan for rootkits and requires reboot, Windows doesn't even notify you of any driver installation, previous versions didn't do this.

Guess there's no good non-invasive virus scanners for Windows anymore

>Plus it installs some anonymous "driver" to scan for rootkits and requires reboot, Windows doesn't even notify you of any driver installation, previous versions didn't do this.
Malwarebytes, my son
To detect rootkit
Yuo must become rootkit

If you're on Sup Forums and feel the need of an antivirus, just so you know, your place is on reddit.

And you have never cleaned anyones computer?

Ofcourse, salvage whatever you can, format, clean install, copy back clean files. Done. I don't trust a program to do its job perfectly at removing malware.

Windows 8.1 and 10 tells you when trials run out.
And, if you're going to use an AV why don't just uninstall it as soon as you get a new machine and put the full one?

If you've actually followed Microsofts advice you'd realize that the only way to clean a compromised system is to reinstall windows.

what about bios rootkits

better just buy a whole new machine

And that is what I do, but I want to see what kinds of shit they've managed get. And sometimes they're too stubborn to give a permit for a reinstall.

Those are so rare they might as well not exist.

>web protection
B-BOTNET

nothing can replace CommonSense2017

>no realtime file scanning slowing down file access times
>no fucking with my network traffic
This sounds perfect. Why isn't it recommended more often?

Don't know.

My activation tool doesn't work on the new version. So, I opted to not have antivirus at all because fuck you Common Sense 2017 Special Edition right here.

>Common Sense
>winblows 10

Furthermore, I like living on the edge.

Too poor for a Mac. Too stupid for Linux.

so, should I remove Malwarebytes?

given how much Sup Forums hates Windows Update, most of Sup Forums doesn't use this either.

> http

Fuck off

idiot

Kaspersky is literally a Russian botnet

>Too stupid for Linux
This is no longer a valid excuse with distros like Mint and Elementary OS available. After working with both Linux based distros and OS X, I can honestly say I find Linux even easier to figure out and get used to.

I've been running Common Sense 2005 since it was released, and I think I've had one single mixup with malware in that entire time.

nod32 master race

I've tried installing on W10 and the OS simply crashed and didn't booted unless I ran recovery mode and unnistalled all recent programs.

same happened to me a couple months ago
only happened after I enabled the live monitoring, no fucking idea why though

So, is malwarebytes no longer /ourguy/

Is it any better than microsoft security essentials for win 7?

anything is better than security essentials.

Source?

Good thing my operating system is GNU slash Linux, I don't need that.

>He hasn't got CommonSense2018™ beta

I just upgraded my Common Sense Pro to Enterprise version 2017

>anti-virus on Windows
Windows itself is a fucking backdoor,spyware,adware [...]

(not written by a Linus-fag)

>not compiling the leaked Common Sense 2018_ENTERPRISE-CURRENT source code using GCC 5

>never will times be good again when nod32 v2 was king