Name one (1) thing you can do with terminal that you can't do with a GUI

Name one (1) thing you can do with terminal that you can't do with a GUI

I can't fuck your mom without a terminal

effective batch processing and unattended configuration

We can't

>unattended configuration

ssh

I've never had to babysit anything as much as linux distros. Literally every fucking stupid thing you need to go and manage, and male sure it does what you expect. Even stupid shit like launcher menu entries being added after installing certain programs. It's ridiculous

>he thinks ssh is linux-specific and there's no such thing as remote terminaling windows

run java jars without making a launch script

piping data between arbitrary programs without them needing to have any knowledge of one another.

Trigger winfags

Easily and quickly repeat commands?

this

Most programs have shortcuts, some let you configure your own. As for running the same program over and over, that's really not the GUI way

>use scripts to configure and start things for you the way you want them
>depending on an application you can specify certain settings before it opens in case you only need them changed temporarily from the default configuration for a specific case or whatever

who said anything about linux? you can certainly use an NT system as an SSH host and not even lose out on many utilities thanks to cygwin, it doesn't change SSH being a generally better options for managing remote systems over RDP which is slower and more inconvenient, far better suited for users than administrators

But SSH is terminal based. It's a protocol designed for and around terminals. There's nothing special about it otherwise.

...yes? you can use whatever protocol you want, doesn't really impact much that a terminal interface is generally more convenient for those kinds of tasks

But that circumvents the question. You're saying you can't do SSH through GUI. That's like saying you can't ride a bicycle on water. Yes, obviously.

Name a function you can perform over SSH that you can't perform otherwise through some remote session protocol.

Export mailboxes to PST in Exchange.

>Name a function you can perform over SSH that you can't perform otherwise through some remote session protocol.
why? it's irrelevant to the thread, we're not shilling for SSH over anything else

I don't really think was specifically referring to SSH itself but more the general concept of remote access through a terminal which is more than often accomplished through SSH to the point that you can just refer to it that way and get the point across

This is some high level trolling

No, I think you're confused or just unable to read and trying to start an argument about something nobody gives a shit about.

The question was "name one thing you can do with a terminal that you can't do with a GUI".
And your answer is basically "you can't use the terminal".

I just use the terminal because its quick and easy. I see it as a tool. Go back to Windows 10

>someone mentions ssh
>retard replies trying to start an OS war for no reason thinking "terminal" means "linux"
>reply back to retard and likely misinterpret his meaning too implying he's shilling RDP as an alternative
>you reply with ???
>so on
I don't really know where you got "can't use the terminal" out of anything I said really, I just said you can use an NT system as an SSH host and SSH from it, and that it's a better alternative for many jobs than "graphical" options like RDP, even if it wasn't really what the guy I originally replied to probably meant either.