/ungoogled-chromium/ thread

It's Chromium, it's fast, and it doesn't have the botnet. Chrome and Firecucks users, why aren't you using this?

github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium/blob/master/FAQ.md#can-i-install-extensions-from-the-chrome-webstore
archive.is/4VijY
chromium.woolyss.com
plus.google.com.
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

but i do

I am using it right now.

how are the extensions?

I use ot.
But the memory leaks...

I prefer firefox UI. Also, about:config.

>it's fast
I was surprised exactly how fast it launches.
I'll use it daily when it has syncing.

You can't install extensions from the Store. You have to manually download them and install them, it's very easy actually.

Seriously spreading alphabet product on Sup Forums!
Did you verify yourself?
How many months did you spend to read/trace it?

Just use git clone to your extension folder like any advanced users.

And here is your answer
github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium/blob/master/FAQ.md#can-i-install-extensions-from-the-chrome-webstore

I use osprey, ublock origin and umatrix and it works perfectly

It's trash and botnet. Nik's No sync • No WebRTC • No Widevine builds are better if you need chromium..

Link to your CSS?

Do they make chromium for OSX?

Yes.

>botnet
Source

What? It's "tomorrow" theme, on lower right of the page.

Check with wireshark

>Open source
>Botnet

Android is open source too.

Nice false equivalence. At least make your baits somewhat believable next time.

>Implying the two are mutually exclusive

Dropped.

I'm not here to convince you to use something else. Feel free to enjoy NSA's dick in your ass, for all I care..

I'm using either Inox browser, Iridium or ungoogled-chromium. And you're advocating for Chromium which is proven to be compromised, even though it's open source.
archive.is/4VijY

I thought chromium was chrome without the google bullshit?

it's still sending data to Google

>and it doesn't have the botnet.
How can you be so sure about this? Has all of the code been audited?

isn't the google integration fairly large selling point for chrome/chromium?

your in denial. everything is a botnet. cozy up fum

If you're a normie who thinks "google is teh best xDD" maybe..

What about iridium?
Pale meme user hear

Hope you like viruses. I use dolphin it's fast and manageable

I wish Chromium would upgrade to GTK3 already.

>umatrix gives me nowhere near the fine grain control no script does.
>no equivalent of greasemonkey
>ublock origin on chrome doesn't let me filter fetch requests by data type on chrome
Staying with firefox

>no equivalent of greasemonkey
tampermonkey

Personally, I prefer Firefox to Chromium. That's all. It just works. I don't care as much about aesthetics.

Satisfied opera user here. Give me some good reasons why I should switch to ungoogled chromium and I'll give it a try.

is there an equivalent to Open With for chromium?

more like the UI is a lot nicer and it performs way better. Plus normies have it shoved down their throats by google every time they search for something. literally the only reason i use it is firefox has around double the cpu useage when watching video, and a fuckawful ui that looks like it was designed by a downie

Stop spreading lies. You can use any firewall you want (TCPBlock/Little Snich on OSX, TinyWall on Windows, etc.) and you'll see it doesn't make any connections without user input.

All Google domains are substituted from the source, so even if some privacy-invading code were left, it would try to connect to a nonexistent server (and alert the user about that). There are closed issues in the Github page that prove this behavior.

ungoogled-chromium includes Iridium patches.

It is. But many users prefer chromium-based browsers due to Blink performing better than Gecko in almost every case.

Privacy and OSS philosophy. If those aren't priority, don't bother switching. Outside that, its lightweight.

>Privacy
Is privacy an issue with Opera? haven't heard much botnetting stories bout them

Will not use this because I like google translate.

How the fuck do I add extensions

I personally haven't tested nor done a network analysis of modern Opera. I mentioned privacy because I expect that it still phones Google, unless the devs specifically settled to stop that.

You may also download the .crx files from Opera's add-on website or from the extension's Github page. Gorhill releases uBO in its repo.

>extensions from the Store
WTF? Why would a browser have a store?

No thanks I have a real job so I'll just stay signed in to Chrome.

Because I can't find a vimperator alternative that isn't shit or crippled with bugs.

>he willingly lets google know he visits depraved sites like Sup Forums

Just because you have a job doesn't mean you're not an idiot.

Well I actually work for google, so yea I don't care if the google boogeyman knows.

what did he mean by this?

>not wanting the botnet

pedophiles

its not un googled holy shit. it has "botnet" components that cant be removed without the whole thing not working.

personally i prefer the old ff ui as well as back in the day when firefox would let you change about new without the url showing up

And people say there aren't google shills here. Lol, fuck you.

No codecs. Nik's builds are the only acceptable Chromium builds, since they come with the codecs that Chrome does.

Hey look a botnet

>why?
Honestly, because I don't trust unofficial browsers. I can't sue some guy at home if he does something malicious but Google have something to lose if they did the same.

Iridium is better

chromium.woolyss.com

works 4 me

autism levels increasing

ungoogled-chromium literally comes with the same codecs (as in, its compiled with the "proprietary_codecs=true" flag).

Stop spreading lies. There aren't any "botnet components". It strips the binaries, removes any known function that phones Google (including DNS look up and IPv6 pings), and replaces all Google domains in the source code with nonexistent ones, then builds everything from scratch. If the user clicks somewhere in the interface that would connect to Google, the browser blocks the connection and shows an alert. Please, show to me how can this browser connect to Google and I'd message the authors myself to notify of that bug.

But you won't, because you're just spreading FUD.

>..
Why wouldn't google shills come here? And how would anyone know?

Cause i use Opera and i don't give a shit about this botnet meme.

>how would anyone know?
By posting anything that is pro google like the guy who just admitted to working for google. It shows they are either shills or are ignorant, either way they can't be trusted.

botnet

So you can easily download both free and premium extensions.

>not using superior Pale Moon
wew

>$CURRENT YEAR
>not using god tier firefox nightly

I used ungoogled chromium for a while but every time I closed and opened it, all my extensions would be gone.
It's a shame, if this is fixed I'd switch in a heartbeat.

>Stop spreading lies. There aren't any "botnet components".
(You)

A number of features or background services communicate with Google servers despite the absence of an associated Google account or compiled-in Google API keys. Furthermore, the normal build process for Chromium involves running Google's own high-level commands that invoke many scripts and utilities, some of which download and use pre-built binaries provided by Google. Even the final build output includes some pre-built binaries.

>uses windows 7
>uses proprietary russian programs and webservices
>calls an opensource project which blacklists all of google's domains a botnet

>namefag
>attentionwhoring as a girl
>normie

Stop posting.

> why aren't you using this?
Never heard of it.

I love mozilla too much even though it's inefficient.
I have an i7 anyways.

I work at Google and can confirm that even open source Chromium is a Google botnet. 99% of Chromium contributors are Google employees.

It takes 20+ minutes to check out the millions of lines of chromium/src.git (never mind the dozens of dependencies you need to pull in from DEPS) and it takes a couple hours to compile it. Do you honestly think anyone has audited all of Chromium source? That just because it's open source it must be safe?

For example, WebRTC leaks your IP address even if you have Chromium configured to use a proxy. Chromium has also at one point installed microphone listening software without asking or informing users, and it used to give special advanced permissions to plus.google.com. That's just the tip of the iceberg, this is just the stuff people found out about.

>No webrtc

So it's shit?

>Webrtc leaks your IP address

No shit retard. It's a protocol to negotiate a STUN/TURN for NAT traversal.

It's a good thing.

Did you actually read the page you copied that from? That is talking about Chromium. The changes they make to the version they are providing specifically remove those issues.

Yeah, allright you guys, what the fuck?!

What the fuck do you need WebRTC for?

Does Chrome/ium have tree tabs yet?

srware iron.

>it doesn't work
hm

It's free as in freedom, so it has whatever you add.

into the trash goes

this.

>proprietary

i know its sort of the whole point in this browser to not do this but i like having my shit carry over to other pcs when i log into chrome.

I have chromium 53 and have no problems using the web store.

Ungoogled Chromium doesn't seem to support this for some reason

I really like profile persistance across machines. Is there a way to do that without muh botnet?

ur*
>anyone who disagrees with me is wrong

Why are people talking about chromium when this thread is about ungoogled chromium

bec most people are not autistic and use google services. Defeats the purpose of using ungoogled if you are going to browse youtube or gmail.

There's is nothing wrong with not using services from a PRISM provider. Get out NSA

I highly doubt you don't go on Youtube or any news site with google analytics.

I don't want to trust a nobody with my browser, thanks very much