>8GB upgradable to 64GB RAM
>1TB HD
>Radeon RX 480 8GB
>Aluminium and Magnesium Case
>500W PSU
>CD/DVD writer drive
>Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
$800 + $100(8GB RAM and 128GB SSD)

Okay Sup Forums, can anyone here build a better PC for $900?

Other urls found in this thread:

bestbuy.com/site/xfx-amd-radeon-r9-fury-x-4gb-hbm-pci-express-3-0-graphics-card-black-gray/9522166.p?skuId=9522166
forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/28669-Microsoft-Toolkit-Official-KMS-Solution-for-Microsoft-Products
pcpartpicker.com/product/y7YWGX/fractal-design-case-fdcacore2300bl
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

yeah I'd remove the i7 meme for an i5, downgrade the 480 to a 470 because fuck using the 480 at 1440p and the 470 is overpowered as it is for 1080p, get a cheaper case that's still nicer (fractal probably) and get windows for free through KMS activation (it works I literally just used it for bootcamp)

>i5-6500k
$220
$50 + $90 mobo
>1TB HD
$50
>SapphireRX 470 4GB
$180
>Aluminium and Magnesium Case
Fractal Design core 1500 $45
>500W PSU
$50
>CD/DVD writer drive
$15
>Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit
free

$650

so you could even upgrade to an i7 and save at least a hundred bucks

but that is a good PC for the price, and upgradable which is the important part.

Is the Fractal a slimline aluminum magnesium case? Link?

Also how do I do the KMS activation crap?

you can get a fury x for around $280 if you use visa checkout + amazon price match on the bestbuy website

bestbuy.com/site/xfx-amd-radeon-r9-fury-x-4gb-hbm-pci-express-3-0-graphics-card-black-gray/9522166.p?skuId=9522166

oh never mind I just noticed that i forgot to add in the price of the hdd; so that's $700 in total

at that point id recommend shaving $20 off the price of the case, saving $40 on an i5-6400, save $10 on ram, and skip the disk drive unless you really need it

so there's another $75 in savings. it's all about cutting corners on your first build.

$615 for a guaranteed 1080p 60fps machine is bretty good in my book

So basically downgrade everything and potentially pilot a botnet version of Windows 10 from TPB risking credit fraud every time you use the computer that's housed in a shitty plastic Hong Kong piece of shit case so I could save $100.

Great job guys marvelous...

>botnet version of Windows 10 from TPB
no, a legit version of Windows from microsoft that is activated using a tool which you can check for malware yourself
forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/28669-Microsoft-Toolkit-Official-KMS-Solution-for-Microsoft-Products

also, yeah downgrade everything

the i7 is way overkill for gaming and the 480 is in the bastard middleground where it's too weak for 1440p but too powerful for 1080p, unless you're shooting for over 60fps

>hong piece of shit case
>fractal

pcpartpicker.com/product/y7YWGX/fractal-design-case-fdcacore2300bl

you can get a good case without spending a shitload of money, and I'm saving OP $200

>pilot a botnet version of Windows 10 from TPB risking credit fraud every time you use the computer
except you're not. Official version doesn't require you to activate it.

You listed a bunch of downgrades, I mean if I were to just downgrade what OP listed I could have saved him 200 as well.

It's good advice, I'd give it again

I also admitted that, spec for spec, I don't think I could build a more powerful system. Best I could do then is gimp the CPU and put a more powerful GPU in it, since that's what's most important for vidya nowadays

sure you aren't looking at something else? I can't find that alienware for $900.

Honestly the RX 480 8gb is way more future proof than the GTX 970 4GB. Also the i7 Skylake is more future proof than the i5. The Alienware case looks pretty amazing, I will be the first to admit that Dell did a good job this time around, especially the new OLED laptops. So that might be a something OP is not willing to skimp on.

>500W PSU
Faggot. Pre-built PSUs suck.
>buying windows
Double faggot.
>pilot a botnet version of Windows 10 from TPB
>pilot
You're three times a faggot. The 10 Pro ISO is free to download straight from Microsoft. Where you prove you're a real pirate is finding the activator, and no, the safest source is not on piratebay.
Also RX 470 has the budget crown for GPUs unless you find a 6GB 1060 for cheaper.

>only 8gb ram
>only 1tb hdd
>only 128gb ssd
>windows 10

10/10 guaranteed replies.

The interior of the case is still pre-built garbage just like the entirety of the Alienware brand.

Can you please shut the fuck up? You honestly don't know wtf you are talking about.

Every alienware case I've seen (Granted, I haven't really cared for guts since I bought my 3770k), is all lustrous plastic on the outside and plain old fuckity fuck layout interior in primed steel.

What's the matter, advertising scheme not going as planned? Ayy lmao

>Pre-built PSUs
This has to be bait

I guess it's too much to ask for them to slap on some sound cancelling materials as well as round off any of the edges inside. That shit can cut you if you're not careful.

It's just dell material with GAYMER XDDDDDDDDDD EPIC on the outside. I see no reason to expect anything other than the bare minimum.

>he doesn't assemble his own PSU
buy Diablotek, it's the best space heater PSU

i3 4160 fine for gtx 770?

>aluminum magnesium
Who pays for this shit? Buy some weights, buy some eggs, and start lifting if you're too weak to carry a steel-frame case.

Just goes to prove that impressionable normalfags only ever look at the paintjob.

Jesus I hate you faggots so much...

Find a Fractal R4 or R5 mid-size or mid-ATX, but make sure it's the one without a window and has the sound cancelling materials. You'll thank yourself 5 years from now.
KMS crap link has already been posted ITT.

OP here, question can the new Kaby Lake iMacs running IRIS 7300 play Mass Effect Andromeda in Medium at 1080p? I am considering getting that instead and just using toolkit to install free Windows. The thing that was holding me back from a Mac is the extra cost of Windows 10 pro.

nigger it, a search engine would give you a more accurate answer
apple has become the go-to brand for normalfags over kludgy Windows desktop products

OP here, sorry I am mainly looking for something that can double as a display piece and that limits my option to only Alienware and Apple. What do you guys recommend?

>a display piece
First, post your current battlestation.
Second, why the fuck do you need a display piece? Penis symbol to out alpha your circle of retards?

The largest, fattest dragon dildo you can find.

You have 8 RAM slots on your Z170 board yes?
Retard.

I'd actually love it if someone sold a beige box with a turbo button (co-cpu) for the newer boards with the breakout panels for overclocking and bios tweaking. Pretty sweet to get that OC while hitting the turbo button and displaying the speed in the iconic red leds of yore. Sleeper of a machine. No meme windows either and edges that will cut a bitch.

16GB by 4 RAM slots, you fire retardant. Check pcpartpicker if you want visual proof.

Where is motherboard?

in bottom of vodka bottle Ivan

And how is he gonna do that when he already has an 8GB stick in one slot?
That's not an upgrade but a replacement, you absolute oven mitt.

He doesn't do it himself, Alienware or the vendor does it for him, just like how Apple offers instore upgrades like more RAM in their macbook pros, you degenerate fruit salad.

yes

No

who fucking cares? get an xbox, it'll probably be easier for just playing mass effect
you might as well just walk into the apple store with your choice of buttplug and get whatever looks the nicest to you if you just want a display piece

Is it possible to make the activate now watermark to go away?

it's called mydigitallife forums

>500w power supply
Building PCs is what i do for money, this thing is pathetic for $900

Gotta say that case doesn't look too bad. Much better than the space trashcan.

This mofo knows whats up. What do you do user?

>being fooled by plastic

>480 overpowered for 1080p gaming,
I have heard some whoppers but thats hilarious

You cant be serious. I built one with same budget and with almost same specs but ssd insted and better gpu and better ram.

You are full of shit on the 480 being overkill for 1080

I would think a 1070 or 1080 to be overkill. 1070 is borderline. 480/1060 perform well but you won't be breaking 100fps on certain titles and will notice slowdowns.

250 for same GPU
330 for CPU

that's 580 already. I really don't think you can cut much in here although paying for windows is stupid.

> >Aluminium
Finally somebody writes it right.

>showpiece
>limited to alienware or apple

Pick a good looking case then user. Not many people build inside of stoc Optiplex cases anymore, there are plenty of good looking cases.

I'm not saying I want one, just that it doesn't look as retarded as their other stuff. Probably the only cases I ever actually liked by them were the ones shaped like AAYYYLAMAO's, but in my defense I was like 14 when those were around. I still kind of like them out of a weird nostalgia just for their goofy ads in Gameinformer.

Alienware shit is so overpriced for what you get. Only reason to buy one is if you like the case. They are approaching apple levels of cuckolding

>g-entooman's battlestation
>that much fucking furniture
How is mommy and daddys finished basement

>Is the Fractal a slimline aluminum magnesium case?
No, and neither is this one. It's all stamped steel inside and molded plastic outside, and there's nothing slim about it.

>fake Eames
Yeah, not impressed.

i want to fug ebin

I agree with EVERYTHING in this post. I have nothing more to add.