Is it still relevant?

Is it still relevant?

It died years ago

Not while we continue to latch onto silicon.

Where can I buy core i7 quad mouse?
My old Logitech is too slow

>You can very clearly see that when Intel takes the lead performance begins to plateau
The big colorful curve is there to distract you, things just got better at a normal rate before

>skylake
>kaby lake
>3% performance change

you tell me

there is a reason you won't find an updated version of this graphic

the jews at intel are shutting it down

why don't we just use mice brains as cpu cores?

>10^-4
>10^-2
>0
>10^2

it's a bit unreasonable but the graph says the analytical engine can make one calculation every 3 hours or so.

I don't know how complex the calculation is, but it could've been useful

wait it is per second, per $1000

what a dumb graph

>Is it still relevant?
Never was.
You are comparing top-of-the-line stuff up to about 1980 and then get fixated on the PC from there on.
Modern mainframes will leave your glorified tinker toys in their dust.
This talk of a singularity lacks context. It's not as if the jet plane has eliminated the need to walk, and it certainly can't dance.

>Human brain
>Calculations per second
I hate this meme.

Human brain is an analogue computer that we know very little about. This calculations per second is retarded.

Current computers aren't anywhere close to a mouse brain.

> (OP)
>why don't we just use mice brains as cpu cores?
^ this ^

> (OP)
> Current computers aren't anywhere close to a mouse brain.
very true, i've not seen a cpu nibble on a piece of cheese yet.

lol

I member those times, every computer just stopped working for 2 years 'til Moore's law caught up.

Some say computers, in solidarity with their black brothers, refused to work until blacks were given equal rights.

Extremely relevant.
Now that mores law isn't true, we need to optimize software instead of waiting 6 months till something faster comes out.

how is a mouse or a human brain able to be measured in calculations/sec per $1,000

what $ do humans sell for

you obviously dont have kids

or mice.

>Is it still relevant?
pic related

>how is a mouse or a human brain able to be measured in calculations/sec per $1,000
It isn't

...so youre saying i can keep buying incrementally better gaymur shit forever...

I'm saying that exponential growth plateaus out once it's no longer economically feasible for hardware to continue getting better

You can tell that we're reaching that plateau by the fact that the number of companies able to keep up with hardware tech has dropped into the single digits and is continuing to drop

Remember, moore's law is a statement about economics, not technology. The tech doesn't magically fall out of trees, it falls out because of market demands.