Non-browning GMO apple slices go on sale next month

Apples are technology. Why is no one talking about this?

engadget.com/2017/01/18/non-browning-gmo-apple-slices-go-on-sale-next-month/
pastebin.com/1bc38z4e

>Thanks to genetic modification, we'll soon see Golden Delicious apples that don't oxidize for three weeks after being cut, bruised or bitten into. They'll be sold in packages of slices and will go on sale in the Midwest in February and March.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographic_transition
discover.monsanto.com/posts/whats-monsanto-dietitians/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Hippies are still gonna cry at those three letters because "MUH ORGANIC FOODS".
The only reason to boycott them is Monsanto. No valid reason otherwise.

and what is wrong with monsanto?

Fuck morons who don't understand science. GMOs are here and no amount of crying will put that genie back in the bottle. I can't wait to see some of the truly revolutionary things the agritech sector comes up with using CRISPR.

How lazy do you have to be to not want to cut an apple?

>Golden Delicious
Two lies in one name. Honeycrisp is where it's at.

Or even just rinse and bite into it.

Gala and Pink Lady or gtfo

>iToddler
>technology

No shit

c'mon man, no need to shitpost that hard.

>applel

More technology relevant than fruity toddler toys at least.

"loll look at me.im hatin on apple.im such a cool 15 year old xd"

>t. mactoddler

Gastroenterologist here. I'm actually for gmos but wish they did more studies before going to market. The amount of gmo related intestinal scarring is getting out of hand.

>not getting the level of sarcasm

>Pink Lady

Best choice.

They're a shitty monopoly.

Sounds racist. Reported to BLM.

>t. autistic teeny

No, Monsanto does not have a monopoly, they compete with many companies at various levels in different markets.

Also you can't even sell GMO seeds in Europe but that doesn't stop them from having a good market share.

I love debating hippies.

>t. Monsanto employee, pic related

Bah, another "product" that taste like shit and is devoid of vitamins and oligoelements. No thanks... And Monsanto is evil... They invented agent orange, the Dioxin war defoliant used in Vietnam.

>devoid of vitamins
this is likely the only way they could stop it.

regardless of that, gmos are very dangerous. not particularly for human consumption, but specifically unexpected environmental impact

>dangerous
Proof from unbiased sauce?

>>t. Monsanto employee
Kill yourself you subhuman piece of shit.

Literally kill yourself

How are you even able to work there without severe personality disorders and accumulating depression

It's furthering society, bettering poor people and saving lives at an exponential rate at the expense of feminist and neo-hippie approval
Such are the sacrifices he makes

>They invented agent orange, the Dioxin war defoliant used in Vietnam
And if you read up on that, you'll find that Monsanto basically told the US army "This shit is really bad, don't use it near people". The US army ignored the warning. Are you a troll?

>gmo related intestinal scarring
cite a single fucking source

The gooks invented gun fuel we should gas them all

>hippies are behind the anti-vax movement
>hippies are behind the anti-gmo movement
how do we slaughter all hippies

>I'm actually for gmos but wish they did more studies before going to market
There are more studies done on GMOs than any other food type. You're like an anti-vaccine nutjob screaming that more research needs to be done before they're declared safe.

drink bleach asap you piece of shit

I don't give a shit a about whether an apple browns or not, im more worried about ducking copyrighted apples, there will be a monopoly on pre-sliced apples and it will be with this GMO
Biology shouldn't have copyright protection

The thing that most laymen don't realize is that these things are constantly under testing stress. More positive results = the stronger the organization is and the less they can be fucked by governments.

That being said, people get fucked up retarded and then try to claim none of those studies matter because monsanto (or whomever) wanted to fund them. Like, they're complaining that studies should happen, and then turn around and complain that the wrong people are funding it (when no one else wants to). It's so fucked up the gymnastics people go through to justify their position.

>he doesn't eat free open source apples

I'm a huge fan of biotech, but Monsanto is almost cartoonishly evil at times.

Not that guy but could you give just one valid example? Most of the stuff knocking around the internet is, at best, a half truth like the mention of agent orange above.

I hope you die a very slow and painful death.

remember to get vaccinated kid!

>not Granny Smith

Who cares?

>revolutionary
user.. I...

>pastebin
learn2fucking archive.is

>Image
I seriously hope no one actually believes this because that's not how it works. If you reduce mortality rates and increase standard of living the population growth will slow considerably because many reasons. I suggest you read up on it if you actually believe the image though.

Yeah Golden delicious are garbage.

I only eat Granny Smith and McIntosh.
Sour apple master race.

Unfortunately it does work like this. In nature the strong survive and the weak die. By interrupting this cycle (helping starving sick africans) you let the weak survive and multiply. Eventually you end up with a growing rate of weak organism that become your parasites.

If people really wanted to help dying africans then they would leave them alone to die.

>Unfortunately it does work like this.
No, it really doesn't. You need to go look up the statistics between population growth and poverty at the very least but even that's oversimplifying things. This is far more complicated than you seem willing to comprehend.

My fucking patients? The fucking seminars? Im not even the one pointing fingers, I just find it fascinating that a lot of my patients microvilli are eroding and/or inflamed with no connection to celiacs. A couple of the dietitians at the neighboring hospital were the ones screaming about gmos. Im just very cautious about them because I know global hunger is a POLITICAL issue, not a farming one. For the moment.

If I recall, it was because only Monsanto were funding them and only their personnel could verify the results. I don't know if they started allowing third parties to do so, and if so then that's fantastic. How did you guys miss the part where I said I was for gmos? My gripe about testing is because I think it should be in a concentrated area and for decades, maybe a century. Like I said I'm cautious, maybe too cautious. But unlike vaccines we have to worry about pollination issues, wildlife impact, etc, etc. I am happy about what Monsanto are doing for the bees. I have a bee house in my back yard and appreciate the assistance of that company.

Agreed.

>If you reduce mortality rates and increase standard of living the population growth will slow considerably because many reasons.
That's not how niggers work.

user, look at history for a bit. Europeans used to have a fuckload of kids because all of them died. When the kids stopped fucking dying, people stopped having so many.
This is an oversimplification, but you can see the exact same cycle repeat every time that mortality rates drop dramatically in an area.

History repeats itself my friend. We've all tried to help those spear chuckers by giving them food aid and guess what happened? They started to fuck one another and exponentially increase the population of the starving sick. The more we feed them the more they take from us and do nothing to improve themselves.

Only real solution is to let them die out and in the end only the strong will survive. Then those can help build a better future.

>talking out of ass
>what is demographic transition
Africans have 8 babies each because only one or two make it through childhood. When mortality rates drop, couples don't need to have more than two children, because they're both likely to make it.

That's why niggers and white trash in America have 3-4 children with FAS, while those in the upper class are happy raising one or two children.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographic_transition

Look at the spics, user. They fucked like crazy when they first got food, but their population growth has been dropping off dramatically.
I get it that you're just shitposting, but come on. At least put some effort into your shitposting, it's no fun like this.

Disgusting

You can't apply the statistics gathered from humans to blacks.

this

>My fucking patients? The fucking seminars?
Yeah, no. If you actually were a doctor of any kind you could have actually done a paper but you haven't so you're just lying.
>we have to worry about pollination issues, wildlife impact
Actual papers have shown time and again that this is of no concern. Stop bullshitting you, you as bad as the anti vaccers.

citations you niggerfaggots

/thread

Who actually eats apples that aren't in a pie or something? What is this, the great depression?

Do you seriously consider spics to be superior to blacks?

Only americans would find apple browning such a huge issue that they spend millions of dollars to create a non-browning kind

What's next on the list for the ever more pussyfied americans, toast bread without crust?

thistbhfam

Niggers are barely sentient, and just live off instinct like animals.

When food is plentiful, they mass reproduce until their food supply dies out and then they all starve and die off like a locust swarm.

Honeycrisp is a fucking meme. My father owns an orchard and you don't understand a good apple until you've fucked with a good Gala, Fuji, or Spy.

>toast bread without crust
its all crust once toasted

t. sweet tooth who drinks soda

Feel free to follow the citations in >en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographic_transition
And then feel free to come up with citation for your claims.
>inb4 wikipedia is not a source
You're right, wikipedia is not a source, which is why they give their sources in a nice, easily read format.

Thats exactly how it works.. thats WHAT happened.
Except the americans still give gibs to the entire world to this day.

>I am completely ignorant of population trends and things like the development index.
Let me guess, you voted Trump.

You've got a wrong map, I fixed it.

>t. brainlet NEETs who donot understand how the world works
U Jelly I've got a job that pays well?

It's a big American company of course we make some questionable financial decisions but if you think Monsanto is the devil incarnate you really need to read a book or do some research outside of /x/ or infowars.

Are you disputing the numbers or the reasoning behind them?

The number should be $0.

>but if you think Monsanto is the devil incarnate
Big companies in overall are devil incarnates considering what they do.

but muh russia will rule over europe

Mate, I'm not going to write fucking papers. My life is already cush. I'm also an RD (I went the classic way of diet tech, dietitian, gastro ent), so I'm not giving you TWO methods to dox me.

Gastroenterology is booming because thus is fucking America. People already eat like shit. Throw Monsanto in the mix and those are bonus patients. What I'm getting at at is that anything can happen. Not to bash on science itself, but we have really terrible and influential scientists out there. Which is why I work in the service sector of science. I don't want to be stressed if my employer doesn't like my results. I don't want to fudge findings a little to make my original hypothesis more credible. I've read countless papers and have become incredulous whenever I find possibilities of conflict of interest. Whenever I spot a name who I knew was a colossal dumbass, I become incredulous. Anyway, what I'm getting at is that papers also say they ARE of concern, and I don't mean hippie magazines, so at the moment I'll side with the them. But that's the beauty of research, science can flop back and forth because of progress.

You think Monsanto research and papers are attacked too much? I had to study fucking nutrition. I had so much bullshit to sift through.

>t. monsantard

Okay but do you think I or all employees of said companies should drink bleach?

Banks are arguably much more evil but do you keep all your money under your mattress?

As cliche as it sounds the world is not black and white. We do a lot of good too, but our primary goal like any business is to make money.

SOURCES, CITE SOURCES
REEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Brb gonna go buy some out of season fruit thats pest resistant with flawless flesh and no bruising.

Thanks Montasano.

Riddle me this,

If Monsanto poisoned all its customers how would they make money in the future?

Funny, but my map is accurate. I got it myself from the official website.

Google mate. I'm on my phone. But when your reading up AGAINST gmos, you know, just to get both sides, be even more cautious. The against side uses appeal to nature and think-of-the-children logic which is annoying as shit.

When I was a diet tech years ago I perused your job catalog. Do you not employ on-site dietitians or are you strictly research?

USA doesn't need to feed Crimea.

and let me guess, you go around blabbering on about how everyone from every corner of the globe is just the same, right?
Go tell isis that you are their equals and see how that goes over for you.

Fun fact, in many societies, their culture tells them to have dozens of kids.

Could you at least name any good journals? or big names to google and get me started?

Since your GI, have you ever ran into a patient with constant (all day all week all month) breathing problems from acid reflux even though their lungs seem perfectly fine and their oxygen levels aren't measurably low?
Asking for a friend...

I couldn't answer specifically as I work in another department. But a quick google gave me this.

discover.monsanto.com/posts/whats-monsanto-dietitians/

However we spend a fuckton on research so you would have had more luck in that field.

>Mate, I'm not going to write fucking papers
Then you're just one more user making bullshit claims on the internet. The rest of your post is meaningless nonsense with no backbone or point.
>You think Monsanto research and papers are attacked too much?
I never said that, apparently you're incapable of reading. I welcome any legitimate scrutiny to any scientific paper.

American Society for Nutrition but I believe they have a paywall. Few hospitals have information centers that have access to these sources and much more. They focus more on "simple eating" but there was one article that conjoined gmo with healthy eating like how modern religious folk try to conjoined science and religion. It made for an interesting read. There's also the journal for Academy of nutrition. Not really what you asked but there's a hilariously stupid source the nearby dietitians use. If I can find it in my inbox again I'll show you to give an example of what NOT to heed.

You remind me of one of my current patients who eats a fuckton of bacon, which led a domino affect of fluids compressing his lungs from the outside. I hope youre reflux isn't so bad fluids are coming up and into your lungs. You should see a pulmonologist.

Daw, oh well. Good luck with your company man.

Mate anyone can join a conversation. I dont need to convince people of anything, unless you're my patient. I'm not the one appealing to authority like you. For me, this entire situation is Monsanto claiming something, me saying neat now let others replicate the results for a while, and get back to me. I'm a doctor, I can't be avante garde with science. I have patients to consider. But this whole apple oxidizing thing is such a non-issue. Just consume antioxidants and you're golden. Unless it's the sight of brown that Americans hate, to which I have to laugh at.

>all these buttblasted hippie fucks raging

I love you man.

>You remind me of one of my current patients who eats a fuckton of bacon, which led a domino affect of fluids compressing his lungs from the outside. I hope youre reflux isn't so bad fluids are coming up and into your lungs. You should see a pulmonologist.

Would a Barium Meal catch that? According to my doc I have minor reflux and a extremely small hiatal hernia.

Zero evidence.

Oh shit, that hernia is definitely not helping. Is it paraesophageal? I haven't had to deal with that personally but one of my colleagues did. The patient didn't want to seek surgical treatment, so he just told him to get on a low fiber diet and to masticate A LOT to reduce possible agitation. Is your hernia strangulated?

Also no, a barium meal wouldn't catch. I was thinking a bronchoscopy.

You are not convincing anyone.

One of the things I really want to do if I were to ever have this kind of cash lying around is to make the first pro-GMO documentary, there's already enough anti-gmo ones with the same picture some hippie makes of an apple being injected with a syringe.

What I'd want to do, is to show an alternate universe in which everything hippies want happened. So show a bunch of people eating wild bananas, and not finding anything wrong with it, make it really subtle so it will piss them off. Also show some sort of catastrophic world hunger problem a million times worse than it already is, because there isn't enough space. Anti-vaxxers and gmo shits are my favorite type of hippie because they only exist because things have been so great due to these sciences that they've simply forgotten a time when it was a problem.

It's easy to look at water and say, all of that other shit in it should obviously not be there. Do the same thing for any type of food and hippies will try to board your ship. It's amazing how fucking stupid hippies can get.

>paraesophageal
No

>strangulated
Doctor didn't mention anything along that line so I'm guessing no

He described it as a diminutive hiatal hernia. So I'm assuming it really isn't that big of a problem.

Something makes me think that my breathing problem is just Hyperventilation syndrome

Thanks boys.

Please make this bro

>precut apples

Something has to be horribly wrong with their form factor if they have to precut them to disguise it. I bet it's a huge tumorous growth with only a few apple-tissue patches, so then they mine the apple out of it and disguise them as slices of a normal apple. Why don't they deliver a full apple? They can't!

>le hippies DDXXXX

The reason why anti-gmo shits piss me off so much is because they strictly stay inside a limited view of reality and when you try to step outside this, even if it's to help them, they immediately call it evil and replace it with what they think is happening.

Another funny bit about the banana is how intelligent design fags use it for the same thing. They insist that god must exist because the banana is too perfect to possibly happen by chance. It didn't happen by chance, it was modified over time, you don't need to be a scientist to do the most basic form of genetics which is just eliminating its offspring that has traits you don't want. Nobody's eaten a wild banana for a thousand years and that enables this retarded market of people to exist insisting that it was created the way it is right now by chance, they then insist that geneticists had nothing to do with it and they just pass their work off as nothing.

Both of these groups won't accept or ever look at the wild banana, they just think by magic some hippie farmer picked one up and replanted it and the very next generation was perfect or something. It isn't about injecting shit with a needle, that is not only wrong as how it's done but wrong as in the direction. You are trying to take things out, not put them in. Every wild fruit/grain sucks and anti gmo shits are just like anti-vaxxers in which they won't pay attention to just 100 years ago and see all the death that vaccine fixed, this group won't look at wild examples and just spouts that any human interaction will automatically be bad because the root of this is that they are shitty people and have no idea how they would do this so they assume that nobody else does either.

u mad