Microsoft is begging you to ditch Windows 7 for Windows 10

AHAHAHAHAHAHA

>If you’re one of the many Windows users still hanging on to Windows 7 with a tight grasp, Microsoft wants you to know that it’s not super happy about it. The company, which has already admitted that it used some shady tactics to get users to upgrade from 7, 8, and 8.1 to 10, is now trying a new approach by suggesting that continuing to use Windows 7 will inevitably lead to security issues for you as a user.

bgr.com/2017/01/18/windows-10-upgrade-7-security/

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/b0mru
youtu.be/MnxwEuzYvZE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They tried this before over the years. Microsoft never changes.

Once WIndows 7 is dead I'm moving back to Linux. Not a chance in hell am I switching to that botnet.

>Once WIndows 7 is dead I'm moving back to Linux
>moving back
>ever leaving in the first place
Dual boot.

>ms wants 1 united os so it can take csre of it better than 5 different one
>autistic retards too dumb to understand it

yeah lonix and its dozens of shitty distros are working out so well

I just upgraded to 8.1 from 7.

OSX is better.

>Micro$oft
>ever taking good care of the code for their OS
>forgetting the 63,000 bugs M$ admitted existed during Vista's time
>alot of those bugs are still there as Vista got layered uner 7/8.1/10 and unfixed
cancer

>ontinuing to use Windows 7 will inevitably lead to security issues for you as a user
It will not, unless Microsoft themselves do something to compromise it.
Which they'll inevitably do, innit.

It is, retard. I've never installed a driver on a Linux machine (save Broadcom, but that's a legal hangup). I've never had a kernel panic during actual use. I've never had an update render an installation unusable. I could go on, but you can't even seem to accept the idea that kernel development and distribution maintenance are two completely different things.

Are you retarded? Microsoft releases dates in which they'll end support for a given OS. They don't support shit indefinitely.

On the topic of Broadcom, why are they such faggots when it comes to Linux?
Also, pic related recently happened, secureboot fuckery brought to you by the hacks at good old microsoft.

The only way windows get to run is in a VM with gpu-passthrough for gaming.

>They don't support shit indefinitely

They support Windows indefinitely. What you meant to say was they don't support any version of Windows indefinitely.

As long as you switch to their newest shit, you're up2date

>Not using the millionaire corporate LTSB version

Enjoy your botnet, cucks.

>passthrough
muh nigguh
now figure out how many passthroughs this guy did

>why are they such faggots when it comes to Linux?
Because Linux is such a small market. It really doesn't count.

They consistently fuck up on Linux when it comes to WiFi drivers. I find everything else working but WiFi whenever I do fresh installs on laptops.

Windows 10 is ass. I tried it on an old Thickbad T420 with a Core i5, 120GB SSD and 8GB RAM. It struggled to do the most basic shit like web browsing and the UI design is simply ass. With Mac OS and GNU/Linux you can at least do some ricing and clean it up a bit. With Windows 10 you need to install all kinds of questionable third party software and then it's unstable as fuck. I couldn't even play my favorite game which is the original Star Wars Battlefront that works great in Windows 7. It's also botnet. The OS is useless for the one thing that Winfags go on and on about, and it watches you fap. Why would anyone use Windows 10?

Hey Pajeet, if GNU/Linux is so shit then why is MS using Ubuntu to run bash on Windows 10?

I agree. I'm going to start hackintoshing again.

MS and Ubuntu partnering up means Ubuntu's days are numbered. MS has a tendency to steal what isn't nailed down and claim they made an innovation. Canonical can only do so much against a company that's known to have paid massive fines for anti trust cases.

make that shit free again and ill try it

>The OS is useless for the one thing that Winfags go on and on abou
What is that, exactly? And don't say virtual desktops. Because you can get that shit on Windows 7 too.

I installed ubuntu gnome recently because Sup Forums keeps making me feel bad about not using linux but I don't really see the point for my uses aka just shitposting in chrome all day.

>ms wants 1 united os so it can take csre of it better
So why are they doing such a shitty fucking job of that currently?

>The company, which has already admitted that it used some shady tactics to get users to upgrade from 7, 8, and 8.1 to 10

Does this have anything to do with the random intel updates? Everywhere I read people claim it broke their installs completely and doesn't even do anything

Because they've always been shit at it. The pajeets joining in are actually an improvement. Read up. Or bone up. archive.is/b0mru

private\genx\shell\inc\prsht.w:
// we are such morons. Wiz97 underwent a redesign between IE4 and IE5

private\shell\ext\ftp\ftpdrop.cpp:
We have to do this only because Exchange is a moron.

private\shell\shdoc401\unicpp\desktop.cpp:
// We are morons. We changed the IDeskTray interface between IE4

private\shell\browseui\itbar.cpp:
// should be fixed in the apps themselves. Morons!

>they've always been shit at it

how good is peppermint linux

That image is barely scratching the surface of the greatest and longest running scam in software history.
Don't forget that Bill Gates bought a clone of DOS.

My thoughts exactly

it's a fancy Ubuntu

No, you won't. The fact that you haven't already switched to at least dualbooting with Linux being your more used OS means you're already too addicted to the Microsoft ecosystem. You won't leave.

Why don't you want Microsoft to use your data? They will improve things with it.

Like what? Their bank account?

ubuntu is trash now and bloated if i get ubuntu ill go full autism and download moebuntu

You need big data for ML voodoo.

YEAR OF THE LINUX DESKTOP IS NEAR

Name three good for beginners linux distros then. I see Ubuntu with Unity DE or Mate/Cinnamon get recommended for normals time and time again.

TRIPS CONFIRM

Its okay weeb autists your 2%hobbyos is simply shit

PLEASE KEK NO
2% IS ENOUGH OF A MARKETSHARE FOR THE PENGUIN
THINK OF MY SHEKELS WHAT WILL I DO WITH MY STOCKS OY VEY

>W7 soon to be illegal
>loonix is unsupported shit
>macos is a joke
I guess ill be moving to reactOS

>windows 7
>illegal
wut

sabayon linux vine and bsd

>sabayon linux
How about without systemd? Because centralization isn't really very Unix.

Just wait man, itll be a big fuss about russian hackers rigged the american election because of W7 so theyll outlaw old operating systems or something equally stupid

More like they're going to pull out the failed XP-to-Vista playbook. Looks like Microsoft is going to shoot itself in the foot again.

It's not market related, if my memory serves me correctly. I don't think the licensing is conducive to being included in the kernel. When you install the Broadcom drivers, you're actually compiling a kernel module and using that.

Fucking annoying, isn't it? I get proprietary shit in industries where you're paying for physical products, but I usually get the impression that people that pull licensing bullshit in software are just fucking niggers. You could just as easily be supporting that software yourself.

Jump ship to BSD if you're looking to ditch systemd. Funtoo and Slack are fighting the good fight, but Poettering has managed to cry his way into everybody's shit.

The Rat is so autistic that he lost millions in funding for OpenBSD because he wouldn't double back on what he believed in. Throw in with the people that are actually going to fight for what you want.

Not an argument; Neither GNU or Linux are Unix or even Unix compatible, just cheap and poorly designed clones.

>free
>still only autistic weeb retards use it
>2%

What a fucking failure

It was 1% last year. Now it's 2% at the start of this year. 3% at the end of the year at this rate.

Only because of Google BotnetBooks.
The GNU/Linux desktop remains at 1.5-1.7% market share.

tried that shit once on my x220 with 4gb ram and the performance was not that bad but the ui was terrible

I was thinking of BSD but I need a real gui and apps. OSX gives me both so thinking of hackintosh.

kek is feeling lucky today

It was 2% for a loooong time

>said every year by lonix autusts for more than a decade

>tfw you use an operating system run by basement dwelling autists doing a side project in hopes of getting a job at an actual company like Apple or Microsoft all so you can download terabytes of anime, and then try to convince the rest of the internet that it's good enough as a desktop OS for people that aren't pasty white sexual deviants like you

Get mojave'd

openSUSE, Manjaro/Apricity, ZorinOS, Mint, Solus, Deepin, elementary
And for without SystemD, PCLinuxOS.

The only reason to still use Windows is games. OSX has already most of the commercial tools that are needed from it, and if you don't need those, Linux has a good amount of games already. However Windows remains as the number one OS if you really give a shit about playing certain games on your current hardware without going out and buying a console. That -is- pretty much it though.

Windows has crappy font rendering, terrible defaults, 10 is a pain to customize, you get a lot of meaningless updates, the file manager is really dated and featureless, it's not secure at all.

Only 1. The other terminals are ssh. Are you stupid?

>Decide to do VM passthrough
>Intel 4600 HD and 280x
>Use linux on intel
>Can't even do fucking web browsing comfortably because there's tearing all over the place no matter what I try
>Nevermind about playing videos
>Spent a whole day just for that shit

Yeah nah. I'm not running half a system as my host, I don't care how good Windows runs that way.

It was 1.x% for a longgg time. It recently hit high 2%, and is on the rise. Keep crying over other peoples software choices. Have fun with Windows 10 breaking all the time and those built in ads.

Except it doesnt break and it doesnt have built in ads ;)

I'm sure you know alot about enterprise software development after ricing your Ubuntu wallpaper

works on my machine

How good is fedora? that's the only distro i had my eyes on.

I haven't had any issues on Manjaro. Similar setup with intel/amd.

better than wincuck ten

Once my 8.1 installation no longer works for what I do, I'm switching to macOS, even if it means using a fucking Mac Mini running Snow Leopard (Apple's best OS).

No way in hell will I enter the bottomless pit of Loonix autistic clusterfuckery and I will not use RestartBotnetOS10 from Vindoos.

congrats on going to /lit/ once.

Tell me Sup Forums, how did they manage to make windows 7 so fantastic that no one wants to switch over? I'm genuinely going to miss this beauty when it's gone (that sexy aero theme too)
Already began my transition to linux. Not touching 8 or 10

Fedora is pretty good. I'm using it with LXQt + kwin at the moment, runs well on my old laptop with 4GB of RAM. A few tweaks out of the box like adding RPMFusion and you'll be set.

how does it perform if you don't run the windows vm? Intel HD graphics should have no issues doing stuff like webbrowsing or playing videos.

It doesn't on mine and it drives two 16:10 monitors. Wonder if you'll get an answer. Doubt it.

The same way, that's the thing. I would handle it if it ran like shit while using the Windows VM, but to me the only way this would be usable is if I could switch graphics when not using the VM.

>inevitably lead to security issues
> inevitably
> "lead to"

implying future tense

implying anything microsoft isn't a security clusterfuck

Once they got everyone on 10 and have made it impossible to get the older versions legally, the shafting will begin. You think Windows 10 is awful now? Think again.

This. Anyone with a brain should have some decent hardware laying around which can run older versions of Windows. Kaby Lake won't let you install anything other than Windows 10.

Win7, in many ways, was finally what WinXP 64-bit was supposed to be, what had been promised ever since Win98 & WinNT were released.

Although, they also removed essential things from Win7 that should have stayed (gpu handling the entire GUI load) and added shit (like aero) that should never have been included in the base install. Aero (as a good example) should have been released as an optional add-on and maintained separately for those who like that sort of faggoty shit.

But, the user still has/had enough control over Win7 that it could be leaned down and turned into a useful GUI instead of a massive, bloated resource hawg vidya gaymeme.

I don't like aero myself, but I can't live without vsync on the desktop. Scrolling without it is just not good at all.

This

I like Windows 10, I have it on my desktop. But I have Windows 7 on my Mac book pro, and it's not worth the hassle of "upgrading". If 7 ever becomes a security nightmare, I'll just boot into OSX instead.

damn that made me kek

>Windows 10 is ass. I tried it on a seven year old laptop and it was slow
what the fuck did you expect?
>With Windows 10 you need to install all kinds of questionable third party software
You're aware that the shit in your precious leenucks repos is third party as well, right?
>and then it's unstable as fuck
Might be your aforementioned seven year old laptop, I've never had any of my machines crash on me, even though I'm using the dev builds on one of them.
>I couldn't even play my favorite game which is the original Star Wars Battlefront that works great in Windows 7
This is straight up bullshit, the original Battlefront games have issues on Windows 7 as well.
>It's also botnet
retards keep spouting this shit but can never produce actual evidence of it
>and it watches you fap
see above

Get a compositor like compton or Kwin and it should go away. X11 is a bit of a pain and will be replaced by Wayland in the future.

that's bullshit as proven by this video
youtu.be/MnxwEuzYvZE

>never produce actual evidence of it
EULA and privacy statements

EULA and privacy statements that apply to Microsoft products such as OneDrive and the Microsoft Mail app, not the operating system itself.

>what the fuck did you expect?
It to be lighter on sources and overall better like every goddamn shill touts it to be.

>1 M$ has been deposited in your Xbox LIVE account
Thank you for correcting the record!

because pajeets. have you tried to work with them?

That's actually the case, unless you're a complete retard and/or Linux shill.
I updated Windows 7 to Windows 10 on a machine from 2008 and it ran better and more stable than before.

So if it's that dependent on users mental capacity, maybe it isn't better.

Feel free to prove one (or more!) of my points wrong.

>going off campus for toilet breaks
>25 minutes to shit

I can see how that harms productivity.

Sure, show us where all data is stored, way to decrypt it and/or access to the servers where data is send.

They're not wrong?

Most people didn't know about the glaring security issues present by sticking with XP after it lost support.

FML I use Winshit 10. The funny thing is I've been a professional Linux sys admin, and use nothing but Linux for servers when I don't have to deal with Microshit's cuckery in enterprise.

However, I'm pretty efficient using Win 10 as my workstation OS. Yeah, I do wish I had Bash and shit natively. I know Microsoft has been working on bringing a full native Bash environment to Win too, but it's always going to be some sort of compromised bullshit. Not to mention all the NSA backdoors and other horse shit.

I've been on the fence about switching, but bleeding edge hardware support lacks in Linux. Also, I don't want to deal with WINE and other abstraction layers and config files ad nauseam to get shit easily available on Winshit working on a Linux workstation.

I dunno what to do anymore. Just bend my ass over and rape me already, NSA -.-