Hey anons

1. Do people cheat at your university?
2. Are they a stereotype?
3. Describe them
4. Do you cheat?

Go

yes
they are chinese
the TAs hired to proctor are also chinese and turn a blind eye to the cheating chinks
no

>Go
is a shitty language.

>not cheating

No, my exams are all about problem solving, formulas and anything you could write on a note are like 5% of the required knowledge

Yes

Chinese and scumistan monkeys

Dumbfucks who bribe and trick their way to a degree, copying homework and assignments verbatim

>mfw the only person not cheating in a Chinese university is the white devil

>not cheating for an exam of "Engineering, technology and society"

I will not lose my time learning how to use my knowledge to help poor people.

Can't they speak English at all but write perfect papers?

yea
no
3. Describe them
pic related, wall filled with stuff
4. Do you cheat?
yep, some of the exam observers are my friends they let me to do it.

yes
no, but everyone else hates them
just normal people, my school is almost entirely white so there aren't many differences
yes whenever possible

1. yes
2. chink
4. no, sadly i should. now i stuck on Sup Forums

>1. Do people cheat at your university?
I was astounded by the amount of cheating that goes on.
>2. Are they a stereotype?
They were mostly Muslims and Pajeets
>3. Describe them
Muslims who don't seem to give a shit about the country they're in and pajeets who seem to barely comprehend the mos basic of tasks
>4. Do you cheat?
Negative, what's the point?

1 yes
2 all kinds of folks
3 always under desk with "smart"phone (how ironic)
4 absolutely not.

they piss me off to no end because I bust my ass and they get the same grade while slacking off. And I know damn well the world is full of these brain-dead morons, working as police officers, designing cities, running countries, managing nuclear power plants...its fucking terrifying m8

we need passive eugenics

All of this. I went to uni in my late 20's, busted my chops to work and study to avoid the debt as much as I could, and I'm surrounded by kids on daddies money fucking around playing words with friends in lectures and passing around cheat sheets. I wanted to bust some fucking skulls.

if you asking to cheat, just do it, if you don't, basically you don't try hard enough

the world is mess up no point play stuff by the rule

1. Yes
2. I wouldn't know, I assume people cheat but dunno who
3. As per 2
4. Yes I did

t. graduated and practising doctor

1. no
4. no

Our university does not do a lot of multiple choice exams.
Instead, we are required to write papers, do presentations and oral exams.
If you plagiarize papers, you will get discovered and thrown out.
You cannot really cheat in the presentations or in oral exams.
This is why people sperg out over getting a fizzbuzz question in a job interview, they are not used to being tested.

1. I don't know. Probably?
4. Define cheating

Is it cheating to revise the subject matter on the day before the test? Personally, I think it is. Based on that, I have cheated for particularly difficult tests

yes
no
the majority
yes

Depends on the university, i am in CS and i wouldn't call cheating on some exams a bad thing.
Cheating at uni is not the same as cheating on a high scool class, it requires much more work and preparations, there's a lot of effort and the risk of getting kicked out is very high.
However, making a plan to spread the solutions or help each other during the exam, brings a lot of students together for a common purpose. There's a lot of communication and organization skills in that, and these skills are way more important than being able to solve some integral equation i won't see ever again in my life.

Yes
They are curryniggers
Disgusting, smelly, unhygienic, illegal
Of course not, I am a superior Aryan male

1. Just about everyone cheated.

When I studied CS everyone cheated. I mean, we had our tests in a computer lab and were all on the same network, what did they expect?

From classes I've taught, most common cheaters are Chinese, a few Indians but not on the same scale and one Arabic guy.
Said part is how blatant most of them are, they can't even be bothered to hide the fact they're cheating.

Why doesn't your school do written tests? Seems retarded as fuck.

Some of them were written, sure, but most were on computers.

(OP)
> Do you cheat?

How? My exams were first a written part, you could cheat (i don't really know how, it was 90% problem solving), but for what? The second part (days after) was a hour and a half (on average) long discussion with the professor.
I did Material Science.

I recall friends, enrolled in other degree, telling things like "heck, i will have to memorize 4 books for this and that exam", well fuck you. i always had to use my brain for this and that exam.

If you do a faculty where you can cheat, chances are you are wasting your time.

What do i do now? I own real estate assets and i am the almighty landlord of a multitude of liberal arts university students.

Fuck university, fuck being a student, fuck having no money. user, follow this tip, remember that the most important thing in life is: being a hot girl. Do this and life will never throw lemons at you.

Also, for you native English speaking guys, who probably will never talk another idiom, try imagine people going from high school, with *insert foreign language* high school preparation, to an academics where 95% of all the text you read is written in *insert foreign language*. So, fuck also having a state school foreign language preparation.

This spic girl sitting next to me in Calc 2 last semester cheated through the first two exams with her phone in her lap.

Professor was old as fuck and didn't notice. She got an A on both exams and was bragging and pissed me off.

So on the final I told the professor before hand. He actually watched her and caught her. Bitch failed the course and probably got kicked out.

Hopefully she gets sent back to Mexico.

Snitches get stitches

1. I know one of my classmates does because he kept bugging me to help him with tests until I relented.
2. No
3. White manlet
4. Only for one of my elective classes where the instructor was just god awful and didn't teach jack shit so I stopped giving a shit after midterms and just cheated through the rest of the course while focusing on my important classes.

and cheaters get kicked out of school lmao

Everyone at uni cheats because getting a degree is cheating. A degree is a piece of paper that says you know what you're doing when in reality you have no idea what you're doing. There's an old saying that goes: "if you can't do it, teach it". Why do you think your lecturers and professors chose to do what they do?

All the time. Especially in programming.

Umm... I guess... You get the typical NEET and all that... But what a majority have in common is they're socially awkward and don't know how to deal with people. This is computer science after all. Same with Sup Forums. They think they're being ironic and funny... But it just shows they're autistic.

>3. Describe them
Most have glasses. Umm... Weird fashion sense. One guy always wears a suit... Some have hipster looks, but not as much as you'd think.

Keep in mind though... That these people don't get far. The social retardation is a factor in a lot of them, but most don't get that far from beginner.

>4. Do you cheat?
No.

When you cheat... You're just cheating yourself. I mean for fuck sake... You PAID to be there. No one forced you to go. Why the fuck are you there if you're going to cheat? It's only going to hurt you in the end. Yes, you'll get by... But for what purpose? As soon as you're exposed... Which you will be eventually, you're life will be ruined. And you wasted all that time cheating when you could have spent it learning. Now you have to relearn it again... That is if anyone is willing to take you after you've been exposed.

Yes
Yes
3. Describe them
Typical freshmen treating university like it's high school. Usually drop out within the first semester because they can't into basic math.
4. Do you cheat?
Nope. Never did.

cheating as implied by ops pic is the usage of something or someone to help you while the exam is running

>tfw forced to cheat for an exam
I've never ever used them, but I have to use them for an exam that is literally unachievable without them.
>studying CS
>Computer Science is literally founded on abstraction
>one exam requires us to remember all of Nielsen's usability rules, all of the Gestalt rules, all the various definitions of usability and most of bootstrap
>to top it off, the professor says "it's not an exam based on memorization"
Yeah no, you gargantuan old bitch.

Then no. But I still think revising on the day before the exam is cheating

Exams have no value unless they test your base state

they all used to work in the industry
all besides one i guess but it shows and his class is unimportant as fuck

and there are many reasons why one would rather teach than earn mad dosh in the industry one of which is the giant amount of stress you have if you work not as a code-monkey

My friend's story:
> take a cheatsheet inside calculator lid
> "okay everybody, we're going to come around and ask you to open your calculators and show us inside"
> ohshitohshit
> "open your calculator please"
> better to look like an asshole than a fucking cheat
> "no"
> "excuse me?"
> "you heard me, no, I won't open my calculator"
> proctor goes to talk to professor and head proctor
> they're talking and shooting looks this way
> they turn their backs for a second
> open calculator, take out sheet, stuff it in sock, close calculator
> they come over
> "so you're not going to open your calculator?"
> "you know what, if it's going to be this big a deal, fine"
> nothing inside
> "a-all right, have a good exam then"
> never cheated again

>Why do you think your lecturers and professors chose to do what they do?

So they can do research in their chosen field while also occasionally being forced to teach snot nosed brats who don't actually care about your field and just want easy As so you design your courses to make their lives living hells? At least that's how my cousin described teaching undergraduate math to me.

I am a musician and what is "cheating"?

>cheating on basic algebra

1. Yes
2. what?
3. Pretty much everyone. Unless you mean people who cheat all the time.
4. Cheated on one exam that was 99% about rewriting, word-for-word, what the slideshow said during the lecture, and maybe 1% about actually understanding anything.

Yeah
Mostly Mexicans at my school but I guess it's across the board
>3. Describe them
The Mexicans from across the border tend to be better off financially and thus think they are more privileged or deserving than American students,
>4. Do you cheat?
2 times, just in my compsci classes, but the professor was cool because she knew I was working 2 jobs. I still got my diploma anyway.
>Go
Where?

how far would you bring that?
is revising two days before ok?
if so how does it differ from doing it on the day before the exam.
what about topics you did a year ago to refresh them?

You know that time you blew the music teacher so you didn't fail? Its like that but with less shame.

How do I blow my audience at a concert?

you wait in-front of the entrance while they come in one by one

Here obviously.
Well, some people buy themselves into conservatory, also connections are very important. But this is not cheating, this is bribing.

Ye
I don't know
Chegg users and dudebro Inc.
No

plagiarism, in your case. Or, temp music.

go away sensei, you'll never catch us!

>yes
>curry eaters
>smell like rotten curry, would openly look at the 1 curry guy who was smart for tests. Would have copy sessions for homework with ta. Would attempt to look at mine and others test.
>I did twice. Still feel bad about it. Purposefully wrote wrong answer the second time because I would have never come up with the solution.

How do you even cheat? In my uni we only get pencil and paper during exams, phones wallets e.g have to be in your bag. The bags are place far away from you.

Lel I've never had my calculator opened

a) like in OPs picture.

b) are you given pen+paper or do you bring your own? if the latter, you can:
b1) hide some paper in the pen
b2) take a sheet of paper with instructions on it (which prof actually checks your papers are all clean before starting? or demands you return them all when leaving?)

c) have a friend write something using big-ass letters so you can see it

Plagiarism is called "paraphrases".
Wtf is temp music?

Some, could be more but I never check
>2. Are they a stereotype? 3. Describe them
Pretty much all the sudo-intellectual ones who have to ask the teacher/prof for every chance they get because they are too retarded to figure stuff out themselves
>4. Do you cheat?
I made a custom ti 83 rom in HS with programs that make me do stuff faster, could have made simple plaintext apps with information in them, but didn't

>dipshits trying to look at your test
>write retarded answers and pretend I don't notice them
>correct them later
>they fail

I'll catch you~

lel i do that shit with the calculator every time, never once they asked to take the lid off.
I also stick notes inside BIC pens made of transparent plastic and i just look at the pen while i'm writing.

> Creating?
Yes
> Stereotype?
All sorts of people cheat.
> Describe.
A blonde blue eyed man cheated off me all through one class and (thank God) failed it. Another guy literally fucked my friend so he could steal a solution to a final project – I think they both failed that class. The cheater is white and my friend is Vietnamese, so I guess that's an anti stereotype.
Of course a ton of non white people cheat too, but I don't think ethnicity has anything to do with laziness. No one speaks for their entire race, you know.
> You?
Fuck no, I'm there to learn not get a grade. I care a lot about education. I'd rather learn the material and fail the class than the other way around. Cheating is for people who don't understand that their degree is supposed to have value beyond the top line of their resume. Lots of folks treat school like it's a scam to make money later on, and that really pisses me off.

What do you think of the Chinese international students that are rich as fuck and lay others to write their papers while not being able to build basic sentences?

Who here /nevercheat/?

I failed a class once because [spoiler]I studied the wrong subject and never attended a class during the semester[/spoiler]. Didn't cheat.

Yup. 90% of the people here just want the paper that certifies you for entry-level jobs

Fuck. Our ENTIRE university is a stereotype. Our uni is an engineering + CS uni, so its a bunch of fucking prepubescent white kids that smell like they haven't showered since they left home. About 30% of the class is playing games on their laptops and complaining about failing the class. I'm still waiting for the uni to fail them, but I keep seeing next semester and it pisses me off.

3. See above

4. In HS once or twice for rote memorization crap. Never now. The courses are too easy to cheat. I'm legitimately surprised that people need to cheat when our assignments are clearly defined and nowhere near difficult.

If I may ask, what do you study?

No, but you're still a moron and have nothing to be proud of.

That's just being dumb user.

I know.

>and these skills are way more important than being able to solve some integral equation i won't see ever again in my life.
Brainlet detected.

(You)

Do you really want to know?

Yes.

Yes.

Chinese. Mainland Chinese in particular. The honks and Taiwanese did not cheat. Not even the poos cheated. Although, there was one Turkish exchange student who cheated everything.

No. My uni actually gave a good education. I was in school to learn, not to get a piece of paper (and then get a job as a scummy product manager at my uncle's cousin's son's Fortune 50000 sweatshop unicorn startup).

yes
yes
all the muslims/middle eastern guys and pajeets cheat. even if they are grad students. it's pretty fucking retarded to risk expulsion on that level.
the only way i ever "cheated" was by putting formulas i thought i might need in my calculator. most professors gave us what we need, but some were always cunts and didn't give us all the formulas. i typically didn't even access them because i memorized them, but knowing that i have them if needed gave me peace of mind.

All asians cheat. I cheated once or twice.

Don't know about Chinese students, the few I know seem honest and hard working. I think i know more Chinese professors than students, actually.

We do have a lot of grad students from India who are clearly looking for an easy ride. All I can say is whoever in India started the rumor that my school would be easy was mistaken, because they're all fucked right now.

Having graded students before, copied work is usually obvious to spot. The only real way to successfully cheat is if your professor turns a blind eye to it. I only know of one professor who might do that, and I'm pretty sure he's getting fired.

>they used to work in industry
Until they realised they are good for nothing in industry and so decided to start teaching instead. If you can't do, teach.

>research
Pirating other peoples papers in an endless academia circlejerk is not research. Around 0.001% of these psuedo intellectuals are capable of producing oc, the rest just ctr+c, ctr+v, change some words around, publish, act smart and then ask for more funding so they can do it all over again.

"user go solve me these equations for tomorrow"
"b-but it's too much work for a single person"
"I don't care, but the boss gave me the project manager chair because i'm the best coordinator here, if you want to keep your job you'd better bring me the results tomorrow"

My brother paid some poo-in-loo company to complete his Bachelors. He did just 1 class per semester in person and the college let him do the rest online. Company was legit, they did all classes from my brother's laptop through some sort of custom teamviewer thing so he always had all the class work and IP looked legit. This is actually quite common now with more legit Universities offering all online programs. Some require a webcam though.

Yeah, fratbois especially.
Yes.
>3. Describe them
Fratniggers.
>4. Do you cheat?
But of course. There are some things that I have no interest in/capability of doing. Hardware design is my favorite class and it's the only one I didn't cheat in. Got 100/100 on every assignment and exam.

Kek

This
This is evidence of a good professor
If it's asking questions that you need to actually work to solve, and open book/notes/google type of testing, that's real world usage right there

you don´t lead a successful career and then realize you are good for nothing

may i ask where your generalized disdain for teachers comes from?

yea
no
3. Describe them
young people. I haven't seen an older person cheat yet
4. Do you cheat?
If chance allows, I'll take a peek at others

1. Yes
2. Mostly yes
3. Stupid dirty asians (imagine those shut-in otakus) and Pajeets. The pajeets cheat in groups and do some weird telepathic communication while the asians are independent and have like 4 cheat sheets.
4. No. I go into the exams with a small cheat sheet but I end up never looking at it. Its just a placebo thing for me, I need to know that I have available resources on hand. Same reason why people like to study at libraries.

1. Not to my knowledge
2. No
3. Normal "redditors" whom I wouldn't hire. I'm in computer science and outside of the narrow fields we touch (how to do specific things), these people don't know shit about computers or technology. These people are supposed to be "experts" yet most of them don't even know what the fuck the registry on windows is.
4. No. I don't need to. Just learn what you're supposed to fucking learn instead and avoid a lot of trouble in future jobs.

I learn most classes like 3 to 1 day before the final exam.

I still get almost straight A's.

Does this trigger you?

but did you not just say that you feel like that is cheating?

>But I still think revising on the day before the exam is cheating
>I learn most classes like 3 to 1 day before the final exam.

also why would it trigger me?
>or are you maybe some other user unable to quote the correct person?

At my previous university? Yes
No
>3. Describe them
Young people who refuse to learn useless bullshit made by incompetent professors who gives zero fucks about their future.
Yet, people who wants to get a degree
Eg. forcing people into learning Pascal (and writing advanced programs in it on a FUCKING PIECE OF PAPER)
>4. Do you cheat?
Yes, I did. But it doesn't matter since I left the uni after 6 months and just got a job in IT. Kek.
My buddies are still trying to finish their studies because they believe MUH DIPLOMA will give them a well paid job. Surprise motherfuckers, diploma is a piece of paper which has nothing to do with actual usable knowledge you got.
I'm 22 and I got enough money after 3 years of work to build my own fucking house. My buddies earn zero money and require full financial support from their parents to even live.
Although I live Poland, so education systems in western europe/murika might be a lot less degenerated.

So if anyone thinks diploma will guarantee them a well paid job: you're out of your fucking mind. Focus on getting actual skills (even on your own) and to have something you can offer your employer.

>However, making a plan to spread the solutions or help each other during the exam, brings a lot of students together for a common purpose.
This is like high school all over again
>assign formulas among faggots
>everything went smoothly
>EVERYBODY got 65-70% (we agreed to vary answers a tiny bit to avoid suspicion)
>lower than expected we might have missed a question
>that ONE (1) fucker who got 90%
>he was in the group
>logic dictates he sabotaged his part and placed a different answer for himself
I imagined it's easier to cheat now since this was 13 years ago

>how far would you bring that?
Gradual fade-off

>is revising two days before ok?
Slightly better

>sudo-intellectual
I'll just go ahead and assume that you are just subtly incorporating tech humor in your anecdote

At my faculty rarely, at faculty I teach at right now - sadly, frequently. Actually so frequently that at least 3-4 people have to watch over ~100 writing students, we have to mark every paper they are going to write on before exam and we seriously started to consider getting some form of wi-fi/phone jammer.

One time, after I caught one, he even dared to ask if we couldnt "get along with that" and was both shocked and angry that I kicked him out right away.

I never cheated at studies exams and Im seriously pissed off that they spend more time and work on finding ways to cheat and fool staff instead of actually learning things, even if just for exam aka "fire and forget".

Yes
Yes
>3. Describe them
Not motivated, only care about getting a diploma and no knowledge or skills. Want everything to be easy.
>4. Do you cheat?
Yes, on subjects I don't give a shit about (anything that requires memorizing over a single page of text). But, since formulas and calculators are allowed on most subjects here, I don't need to cheat.

If someone had a successful career, they wouldn't wash up at uni teaching drunk/high teens who don't really give a fuck. As for my general disdain for teachers, I've only ever had one good teacher who told me: "teachers are useless, myself included. You're better off teaching yourself". He then proceeded to draw large phallic objects on the white board while mumbling something about niggers, jews and spicks.

UofT?

This is my experience at a top 5 engineering program

roll

Not him, but what if I want to teach? I draw actual pleasure from it, especially if I can motivate completely negative student into getting their things together and improve. More than that, I think that there is serious need for teachers who really want to do their job. Many young people are confused and unsure about their own needs and actually hope that somebody will push them into right direction.

I wouldnt be here today, on phd studies in solid state physics, if not good teachers I meet in the past. If I would motivate at least one person the same way, I would consider it a success.

> be me
> 14, not exactly college but HS
> friend suggests cheating in exam
> kk.png
> decides to write formlae for physics under his manboobs
> ends up having the judicator feel him up becasue tipped him off
> mfw

This happened about 5 years ago, the guy dropped out after a few weeks following the incedent cause his mom and dad were faggots