be you

> be you

> try linux

> spend 10 minutes every 5 seconds of free time to fix mundane things that should work on their own

> keep going like that for about 2 to 4 months

> be over with it

> realize linux is shit at third party software

> find 1 out of 1000 applications that have a good port and convince yourself that linux is fine

> keep living in cognitive dissonance about it for about 1 to 2 years

> finally have an absolute necessity to run Windows because you have to and convince yourself that you must run Windows

> pretend that's why you stay on Windows, not because it's generally better

> finally convince yourself that Windows is better because you must run the software you must run

> come back to Sup Forums to shitpost

>writing greentext

>double-spacing your lines

>writing bait this bad

Nice b8, 8/8

>spend 10 minutes every 5 seconds of free time to fix mundane things that should work on their own

Sounds like a user error if shit is breaking on you that bad.

> implying I ever wrote anything more true in my life

> he implies linux doesn't need mundane things being fixed or at least tweaked to user preference every few minutes of free time for several minutes of configuration at a time for a few months after an initial installation at least

I fully understand you brother. Let these guys have their cognitive dissonance still going but they will come to pass a point where you are at at some point in future.

>I needed to play a game.

> I are serious with compters

watch out dude, he spends his time in far more productive ways like modifying config files

This desu ne. There's plenty of OOTB distros that don't need any fiddling beyond the initial setup.

>answering to yourself
That's sad

Naw I installed Windows to play games too, I just use Steam streaming.
I don't do that, my configs have basically stayed the same for like 5 years.

>be you
>use the same arguments people here have been using forever
>expect to change opinions

No need to do it for gaymes only. I must run Autodesk Autocad, Revit and Robot let alone I must exchange Microsoft Office files with other unrelated people (that must not have variations in layout at all). If I were to go with wine or half-arsed copy-cat software or try to convince them to enter the Stallman religion I'd go insane.

>You can use Steam streaming for all of those things.

I guess I don't know what you mean. Do you count editing configs to change settings? That's also done on Windows.

Aside from that, I just run updates and nothing really ever breaks, and I'm even on Arch GNU/Linux.

No that is not done on Windows. Windows does not need every single shitty detail to be tweaked.

I even had to edit the xorg.conf to fix the mouse speed not being able to change for fuck's sake.

> he is fucking serious

no

I have zero issues using it for apps that aren't games, I get ~10ms input/display latency.

maybe OP fell for the hipster distro meme instead of getting Mint or Ubuntu

>Using Reddit paragraph spacing for meme arrows
>Doesn't understand the context of 'free' in tech vernacular

What distro are you using? Ubuntu has a settings option that allows you to change it with the ui

Linux is great because once you set it up, it can run decades without breaking. Windows shit breaks on its own. The only reason I would use a Windows server is for hosting game servers that haven't been ported to Linux. Q

This is coming from a 1337 razer keyboard/mouse owner who uses Windows 10 and plays gaymes all the time.

>be me, keep config files on portable drive
>if I ever need a new install or a new device
>install, copy over configs
>everything works perfectly
>don't even remember what the contents of these configs do

I haven't edited a config in years.

Meanwhile my computer isn't rebooting on its own or sending 657tb of data in windows updates to computers in somalia.

GPU-PASSTHROUGH SON

You can get native performance with kvm and GPU-passthrough for gaming. I get 70fps in the latest doom in a VM.