FSF's new priorities include DIVERSITY

>Encourage contributions by people underrepresented in the community

fsf.org/campaigns/priority-projects/contribute

>Free software relies on contributions from community members. But systemic barriers often prevent interested individuals from becoming contributors, especially when those individuals are from groups that have been historically marginalized.

>The free software movement is a movement for everyone's freedom. It cannot succeed if it does not expand and make the effort to welcome all people.

>Initiatives like Outreachy provide support and opportunities for underrepresented people to engage with free software projects and become active contributors. By actively working to empower many kinds of people to contribute to free software, the project introduces entire communities to the concept of software freedom, via members of their community. More contributors and users, and a greater diversity of thought and experience, make the free software community stronger.

Other urls found in this thread:

theage.com.au/articles/2004/10/07/1097089476287.html
gnome.org/outreachy/#participants
wiki.gnome.org/Outreachy
fsf.org/campaigns/priority-projects/contribute
gnome.org/outreachy/
cnbc.com/2016/10/07/lawsuit-yahoo-ceo-tried-to-get-rid-of-male-employees.html
harmful.cat-v.org/political-correctness/girls-in-CS
twitter.com/AnonBabble

lol its ded
whats a similar project to GNU?

What's so bad about this?

BSDs. I like OpenBSD, for all his shortcomings Theo de Raadt is a smart and talented developer.

So what?

Niggers

I used BSD's for a while, the system is very attractive but the lack of drivers and Theo's pettiness really ruins it for me

This post is hate speech.

So? Either they're good devs and contribute to the cause, or they aren't, in which case they have zero impact at all. I fail to see how this would have any impact on you.

>>systemic barriers often prevent interested individuals from becoming contributors, especially when those individuals are from groups that have been historically marginalized.
So IQ
>TFW free software is kill

That's because we hate niggers.

HAHAHAHA LOONIXFAGS BTFO

Good. Supporting free software should the world's number one imperative. Not including myself, of course.

That's not funny.

wtf is "systemic"?
when did this word get invented?

I laughed, loosen up user

I'm not trying to be funny. I would be glad to never see another nigger.

They are explicitly looking for women, people of color, people from other races like asians, Indians and possibly non-heterosexuals.

Yes, you guessed correctly: they are sexist, racist and... (do we have a word for those who make a big deal about someone's sexuality?).

Hate speech is not funny. Stop.

That's because we hate niggers.

Stop posting.

stop trying to silence your opposition, sick brownshirt shithead

>smart and talented developer
understatement.
theage.com.au/articles/2004/10/07/1097089476287.html

I am actually turkish and you telling me to stop talking / doing what I want is racist and you should learn to be more tolerant user

Ambassador Emir to the rescue!

There goes all my respect for them.

The girl who wants this.. Isn't even a programmer? Why do people fucking do this?
This is a technology board, take your nigger loving ass somewhere else.

Fuck. And here I thought RMS would stand his ground, as examplified when he kicked out the libreboot dramaqueens.

What are the remaining icons of technology you can name still respecting the ancient computer geek rules of merit-above-all?

Linus, but who else?

Sounds like sexual frustration or an attempt to make oneself feel morally superior to others.

>Hate speech is not funny. Stop.

Tolerate it like the diversity! Or you are part of the problem! Behead those who do not tolerate everything!

>average and well performing companies go down the shitter when they diversity hire
>an already broken and clusterfucked organisation's product is going to break itself even more from diversity hiring

Was stallman involved in this decision?

>was the head of the FSF involved in this large thing

Why do I even visit this retarded place?

Could just be a rogue contributor, Ima go ask him

"by Georgia Young — Published on Jan 13, 2017 02:57 PM "

She recently got a CS degree according to her linkedin, so she has enough domain knowledge to do the job. Aside from that, she's a program manager, which isn't a technical role. This is fussing over nothing.

>Diversity:
>Transracial
>transsexual
>white males
>incoming

I think I've actually met this bitch at KDE Akademy in Brno. She definitely can't code, but her position otherwise seemed legit.

IIRC "inclusivity" in legit context mostly means getting sponsors to pay for plane tickets & get hotel rooms for poorfags and such, basically the decent kind of AA where the playing field is only leveled, but not the "remove triggering master/slave from glibc" or diversity quota sort of thing (that was the libreboot tranny who exploited FSF as a personal tumblr blog).

This is what I'm about to send him

this is bullshit, the only bar to entry to contributing to or starting your own free project is ability and interest. and if you have the interest, you'll acquire the ability.

Well said.

Heterophobic?

Sounds pretty well worded. Maybe try to work on some clarity when it comes to geek feminism, the sentence is a bit meandering to read, though I can't really think of how to put it shorter.

The FOSS community is progressive and forward thinking. Diversity and inclusion is part of a better future.
Pls. confine you're racism frog posting to you're containment board. Fucking deplorables.

>le gnJew

added

The website promoted above, Outreachy has this posted on their website
gnome.org/outreachy/#participants

"Currently, internships are open internationally to women (cis and trans), trans men, and genderqueer people. Additionally, they are open to residents and nationals of the United States of any gender who are Black/African American, Hispanic/Latin@, American Indian, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, or Pacific Islander. We are planning to expand the program to more participants from underrepresented backgrounds in the future."

Clearly this would not help everyone and anyone get into a movement like the FSF or others, It only assists those a deemed "oppressed" despite those individuals having the same rights/opportunities as anyone else. Which is clear discrimination against anyone not in that list of groups.

What kind of retard quotes like that?

You've obviously never taken a look at stallman.org's political notes section.

What about:

wiki.gnome.org/Outreachy

Maybe we could ask explicitly about that:

>December 2015 round, the program opened to people of color from groups underrepresented in technology in the United States, in addition to being open to women (cis and trans), trans men, and genderqueer people internationally.

"Does it mean because I happen to be eastern european white hetero cis male living in debilitating poverty, will I be excluded from the outreach program because I'm not black, woman or LBGT? And if so, what is the reasoning behind calling this program 'inclusive of disadvantaged groups'".

Just need to move some of the quotes around

Changed to

As for the final bit on the page:
"Adopt a code of conduct for your free software project's community, and enforce it. Geek Feminism offers a useful anti-harassment guide for technical communities."

These types of policies seem to assume guilt, and attempt to put in place rules for interaction and speech that only exist to protect a person's ideals or feelings, when feelings and ideals need to be challenged for progress to occur. It is simply unnecessary as the only such policy that need exist is already within most individuals being something to the effect of "Don't be a dick".

Yeah it's an email. Cluttering it with commas and verbosity is fucking annoying.

I did, I'm oldschool commie like him. He used to cover his ass from all sides, similiar to Zizek.

Which is why his sudden change in stance from "social justice for all" to "social justice for arbitrary subset of disadvantaged groups" so baffling.

going a bit off topic there...

Round 2
should be short and concise enough now

>fsf.org/campaigns/priority-projects/contribute

you're a fucking faggot.

HARASSMENT !!
HOMOPHOBIA !!

get out of here shit lord this is a safe space where feelings come before logic.

you forgot to sign your name and include your contact info

That's already in my e-mail address, I've had a number of interactions with RMS before, I'm sure he somewhat recognizes me by now

the last thing I sent him was a few articles when NVIDIA added telemetry to their drivers

calling me a shitlord when you're the one plowing the local YMCA

why don't you go join the women's march with your slacktivist faggotry.

if you care about something and have any balls, start a fire or stfu.

Fair enough, your version does not need to descent into a car analogy.

I think it conveys the message of this thread across pretty accurately. gj user.

i'm sure he never bothered to read anything you sent.

Having seen this first hand in startups, it makes me sad as he'll to think FSF is going through same way.

I'm still liberal, but we can help those communities more with a great free as in freedom product than we can lowering standards and placating people who think they deserve praise for being darker than the average contributor.

I don't think you understand, RMS reads everything sent to him

Why can't I just get free software. I don't want any of this commie bullshit.

Good news. Free software would be worthless if it stayed stuck in the past.

Watching this thread for the reply. Gj user

So what? Diversity is a trait of community. I see nothing wrong here if what the FSF is focusing on is community, because free software is all about community.

Because getting more people involved in Free Software is bad.

Uh huh.

Take your shit back to Sup Forums and never come back.

Because you clearly don't fit in here.

Follow-up

It's like a mental illness among the Sup Forums crowd that encouraging one group means discouraging others, when nobody said anything at all about discouraging "white hetero male cisgenders."

It's probably that instead of being "discriminated against" you're an asshole and nobody wants to deal with your drama.

Looks like the Jews finally found a way to destroy FOSS.

Give one instance in which forced diversity has NOT been detrimental to a company.

It says plainly exactly who is allowed into the program

gnome.org/outreachy/

Currently, internships are open internationally to women (cis and trans), trans men, and genderqueer people. Additionally, they are open to residents and nationals of the United States of any gender who are Black/African American, Hispanic/Latin@, American Indian, Alaska Native, Native Hawaiian, or Pacific Islander. We are planning to expand the program to more participants from underrepresented backgrounds in the future.

>Latin@

Fucking disgusting.

Yahoo is currently getting fucked for trying to force diversity

cnbc.com/2016/10/07/lawsuit-yahoo-ceo-tried-to-get-rid-of-male-employees.html

>Latin@
Is that a real thing or just a typo?

I've seen Latin@ and Latinx before. These goddamn feminists are raping the Spanish language harder than any Puerto Rican or Dominican ever did.

I can't believe it, what happened to you Sup Forums?

the only people who don't hate niggers are those who have never had to deal with them

and yes, I have actually been assaulted in the past. guess what race they were?

>I'm still liberal
kill yourself

I was wondering what that poster said. I got to that thread too late. We really need a purge of SJW mods. It's one thing to ban someone for spamming "NIGGER NIGGER NIGGER" all over it's another to censor their opinion because you've been indoctrinated by Jews to love primitive, violent apes.

phone posting redditor niggers flooded in. CTR targeting Sup Forums also didn't help.

Fuck off back to your containment board

homophobic?

almost

>They are explicitly looking for women, people of color,

The main point he is making is that they are looking for these people regardless of their skill and at the detriment of others.

trying to help underrepresented people is now racist, sexist.. How the fuck do you come to that conclusion? And I don't necessarily agree with this shit, I mean they're not really underrepresented if they're a minority. But your comment is just retarded

>how the fuck do you come to that conclusion?

you've said it yourself
>they're not really underrepresented if they're a minority

you can't expect to have half the building you work in be undesirables if there are only so many of them in the general population

Stallman is a red commie Atheist so what did you expect?

It's time to go back to your Unix roots m80s.
harmful.cat-v.org/political-correctness/girls-in-CS

They shouldn't be actively trying to help minorities. There are standards and expectations and if a person meets those standards, they should get the job. No company should be looking specifically for a DeShawn Jackson or a Malala bint al-Qunbula just to meet quotas.

>I can't believe it, what happened to you Sup Forums?

The election put it on the radar, we're being shilled. And some true believers useful idiots probably do it for free. Entryism, the oldest leftist trick in the book. The traditional media has declining influence, infiltrating online communities is the 1st priority for psyops now.

>gov't isn't responsible for that
>companies aren't responsible for that
>NGOs and NFPs aren't responsible for that
>no, we don't believe the poor should get fucked, that's just gommie propaganda

So sick of Sup Forums shilling their anti-SJW memes on Sup Forums constantly

Fuck off, we get it, you don't like diversity initiatives.

Waste of trips.

>le epic trips! praise kek!!!!
Fuck off to Sup Forums or whatever reddit shithole you came from

What organization do you work for?
Where can I apply to the job?

Do they at least pay 7.25?

>is a white knight PC faggot
>tells anyone to go to Reddit
Thanks for joining us tonight, user.

I'm not PC, I'm just sick of Sup Forums invading Sup Forums with these shitty threads trying to "redpill"

Now fuck off back to your containment board

something about the shape of her nose bothers me

This has nothing to do with being left or right-wing. This is about being a decent human being, i. e., not racist. The right isn't about racism. You can be conservative without attacking blacks gratuitously by calling them the n-word. I don't know why you guys do that, it's not even funny.