There are some people right now that are not using this

There are some people right now that are not using this...
Why??

Because I use mutt, and it's much better than this trash.

>still using email
>current year

Why don't you send me a fax while you're at it grandpa

Because I use mmh which is actual command line rather than gui/tui so it can be scripted.

I use FossaMail. It's fast as shit, and devoid of any useless shit that I end up not using anyway (calendar, etc.)

Outlook 2013 is slow in my pc

mutt is really comfy and fast compared to this. I mean really. I would like a simple xlib gui though.

Write your phone number

Thunderbird is a fucking heap of garbage

Because FossaMail exists. It's basically the same as Thunderbird but it feels faster and less bloated.
Claws is also another nice option.

nice bait

>I want to use the terminal for everything

Because SeaMonkey Mail is a thing.

>I reject good software just because it's text-based.

Only pajeets use SeaMonkey lol...

Yes.

the only reason to use a gui for mail is for shitty mime mail. You should reject mime.

I have literally never seen a Pajitt use SeaMonkey, my friend.

Seriously there is someone using SeaMonkey? lol - I thought it was only a legend ..

Mutt is more reliable and TTY doesn't scare me.

Different user, I use it for web browsing. I haven't tried it for email. It runs really nice once you play with its settings, screw around in the chrome or css. Add ons have to be converted. Worst of all I don't have tree style tabs. I wouldn't consider it a choice for people who want something that looks modern out of the box. It's a nice browser though with work. Honestly though I would never just tell people to use it. What's for me isn't for everyone. Some people have problems understanding that.

>Because FossaMail exists.
What FossaMail does better than Thunderbird?
Genuine question.

Then you're missing a lot of good software

Thunderbird is much bigger and it has too much features I don't need.
In the arch repositories, you can see that Thunderbird has 25 dependencies while Fossamail has only 7.

Mime is a meme.

>FossaMail
>brought to you by the Pale Moon developers

NOPE

Because Seamonkey exists.

Because Gmail is better.

>>brought to you by the Pale Moon developers

What's the problem with them?

Pale Moon is a meme browser. just a bunch of placebos

The good old 'is a meme' meme.

Opera 12's built in mail client works just fine for me. No need for needless software.

if you look one cm to the right, you will see I gave a reason

Because thunderbird blocks frequently while writing mails.

Can you use 5 emails with gmail? Because that's how many I use. Not everyone is underage college student.

yea of course

Because I use the objectively superior Claws-Mail

In 12 years of using a computer I've never once understood why people use email clients.

Why not just use webmail? Do you use a Sup Forums desktop client too?

>In 12 years of using a computer
wow 12 years? that's all?

It's terrible from security point of view, because it's based on Firefox, which had probably as many vulnerabilities as IE or at least a large number, some are yet to be discovered.

Email clients can automatically handle encrypting and decrypting your emails. With web access you pretty much have to do that manually, if your company even allows that.

so I dont have to manually check it

Web browsers exist.

>Using an amalgamation of Firefox and some other weird scripts to create a mail client
I'd rather use ed to write e-mail. I prefer mutt, or Claws.

Because MailBird.

at least use ex

REI IS BEST GIRL

>tfw still using gmail

Because Thunderbird slows to shit and locks up regularly when you're dealing with extremely large volumes of email.

>not having a job
>current year

Because not all of us have one email account.

Because I can afford Microsoft products and don't give any fucks. I came into this thread to post this. Fuck you retarded faggots. I used to do shit like that though. It was pretty good. But fuck you anyway op.

inb4 shitstorm

because this is better?

Yes, Grandpa. Some of us are 20-25 years old.

Imagine that. You talk to strangers who are younger than you. God forbid!

It was stupid just to mention it. You might as well started your shitpost with.
>as a girl...

Grandpas love the bat.

gmail has social and promotional tabs that happen to filter 80% of the junk my school sends me. That is the only thing keeping me on the web inbox. I have a school gmail that I am typically required to use so I am kind of tethered to gmail, and I feel like protonmail or whatever probably wouldn't look that good on a job application.

If I could get the tabs on Thunderbird I'd use it every day.

>underage college student
this is just a compliment
you are calling him a super genius

Because I use regular mail for all my emails. Sure it takes a little longer but I never worry about software updates

>mixing all of your email accounts into one interface

Guess what? Email apps on smartphones are email clients too. Why do you use them?

Because almost everything is more convenient as an app on my phone. The usage is way different, I shouldn't have to explain how.

You think a desktop computer is exactly the same as a smartphone? That people use them the exact same way? You're not completely retarded are you?

>Because almost everything is more convenient as an app
Well, there you have it.

>You think a desktop computer is exactly the same as a smartphone?
In general, no. But in terms of email clients for personal every day usage, they're the same or can be made the same. Just like how email apps run in the background and send you push notifications, desktop clients can run in the background and notify you when an email arrives as well. Surely you would've realized this by yourself.

>doesn't understand the difference in a website made for the web and a FUCKING EMAIL CLIENT WHICH HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GODDAMN WEB EXCEPT PEOPLE MADE SHITTY WEB2.0 CLIENTS THAT ARE BLOATED AND SHITTY
Please just get off the internet, you're too stupid to use it.

shut up, moron
as if you need a billion different interfaces for the exact same shit

Because geary has is faster and looks nicer.

Because Mail app in Win 10 does everything I need. Thunderbird is overkill for me now. I used it.

>Why not just use webmail?
Because it takes a few seconds to load. Email clients load instantly.
>Do you use a Sup Forums desktop client too?
I would if Sup Forums wasn't so fast.

Isn't thunderbirb dead?

email is an old and simple protocol.

Use an old and simple program for it, like mutt.

Doesn't load tracking images or html by default. That's built-in phishing protection.

I use it at home. I like the way it works and that I can theme it any way I want. At work I'm forced to use Outlook which, in its latest version, is a pain in the ass to use. Why did Microsoft do this to a program that worked perfectly fine in the past...

Because eM Client doesn't shit itself if you have a couple thousand emails. Amazing that they called development good and stopped with that issue ongoing since forever. You shouldn't need to manually manage your emails at the level TB requires