Oldfags, why were all computers beige in color for decades and decades??? Even today. many of them are beige in color

Oldfags, why were all computers beige in color for decades and decades??? Even today. many of them are beige in color.

Why?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SO4mjEasdTM
youtube.com/watch?v=zBkNBP00wJE&t=1735s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's actually shit plastic, they were white.

I think i'm an oldfag, but I've never had a beige computer.

Made for the 70/80's office?

A E S T H E T I C S

*grey

Is this a retro tread? Because I wanna talk about my fav computer of all time!

I still play some games on it at least once every few months.

No, early Macs were a tan color and later ones were a light gray called Platinum. The only while computers were the Apple IIcs and they're still mostly white.

Gray plastic + smoking.

that movie way ahead of its time.

When people smoked around white/ liggt grey plastic, it turned that way.
Then someone thought it would be better to start out with that color.

Hal lies all the time. During the chess match, the birthday call home, the interview. The whole time.

It was just considered a "professional", utilitarian color. Like putty filing cabinets, manilla folders, etc.

Why? Who the fuck knows. It changes over time. Once wood paneling was considered the height of business style. Popular computer colors have flip-flopped between black and white for years.

Beige is based.

>tfw nobody replies to your bait
have a (You)

I don't know but I'm so old that I had a Coleco Adam as a kid and when it inevitably died my parents said I broke it!

were these ever sold in North America? It seems that only Eurofags know about them.

>bait
Why a bait?!?!? I love Commodore 64. You sound like some underage faggot.

That can't be that old. It's sexy as fuck. I even like the shape and color of the mouse.

Anyone got the link to the mouse??

cheapest industrial painting
also doesn't hurt/distract eyes as much as other colors do.

It's not originally beige, the plastic turns into that color from white because of the UV rays.

youtube.com/watch?v=SO4mjEasdTM

Timex released a semi-clone called the Sinclair 2068, but it wasn't compatible with the Spectrum.

The Timex Sinclair 1000 and 1500 do, however, run ZX-81 games just fine.

"Oldfag" is opposite of "newfag" and means "someone who has been on Sup Forums for a long time."

OP should've said "neckbeard" or "grognard" or something. Unless we can all agree here and now to coin the terms "youngfag" and "eldfag" for, like, millennials and pre-millennials or something."Oldfag" is opposite of "newfag" and means "someone who has been on Sup Forums for a long time."

OP should've said "neckbeard" or "grognard" or something. Unless we can all agree here and now to coin the terms "youngfag" and "eldfag" for, like, millennials and pre-millennials or something.

You have no idea how active the c64 community is.

oh wow... so they were kinda off-white but not beige?

fuck off, autistic nekcbeard who lives in his mom's basement.

(hope that was specific enough for you)

I knew what channel the video was going to be before I opened it.

Meh. Not really "memey" enough for this particular singaporean doodle board.

Kubrick was constantly ahead of his time.

it was a neutral shade that blended well with any office decor
some were, others were actually beige

you are one dumb motherfucker you know that?

I've been here since summer of '04
It was the end of my Junior year in HS

Who doesn't like beige?

>It's not originally beige, the plastic turns into that color from white because of the UV rays.
The original Macs were "Platinum". The first "Snow White" offering was the //c.
Once the iMac arrived all bets were off.

That is a sick computer. It looks so comfy

what case is that

vintage tech tends to be simply designed and utilitarian. tools for professionals. corporations were some of the largest purchasers, and they don't particularly give a fuck about what the boxes look like.

pic related, my first and second computer.

shit

Since this is a tech board and I found Commodore bro, this shit might interest you if you're into programming. Or newest c++ standard. or simply C64.

youtube.com/watch?v=zBkNBP00wJE&t=1735s

That's fucking awesome! Thanks!

I'm so glad many younger people are discovering the joy of using an older system that's well understood and not overly complex. You can take C64 and learn everything about how it work in under a week.

cos cleaner looking

nice keyboard on em
there is better but nice enough

weren't the US ones called 'timex-sinclair'
dunno about the spectrum

there was the spectrum 48 with the real keyboard ... did that ever get to the US

BBC micro was good for that
6502 a lot less complex
I had an acorn electron

beige -
you think "compaq"

I had C64 while I was a kiddo.
I didn't even know back then what programming is nor I could do something like this on it.

Don't have it anymore, threw it away soon after first PC with win95 came to house. The sin of my life.

Anyway, I really liked the video too, compiler tricks the guy does are freaking awesome.

bbc micro case was also beige - I remember
acorn electron case - beige
everything was beige -- op has a point
modem cases, driv

maybe it was to match the color of white when stained for years with cigarette smoke.

no, they were produced as beige.
that's it .. they were "pre-faded" .. timeless

Why are most houses beige or similar tones? Why is 4chin's homepage beige? It's neutral and looks clean.

>I didn't even know back then what programming is nor I could do something like this on it.
I didn't know either but my dad would buy me these magazines about C64 and they had tons of programs and games that you could type in and get them running. I leared by modifying source code from magazines.

I don't have my original C64 either.. no idea what happened to it... I had to buy another one off ebay years ago.

kek

The average office space in those days were also of some warm neutral color, beige was a popular choice and by making the hardware of the same color, it didn't stand out. Many typewriters, faxes and phones were beige too, so it's not like it started with PCs, they just continued the office aesthetic.

Mouse looks like some steelseries

Corsair 900D. I'm surprised there's even a person on this board who wouldn't recognize it.

Over time it's simply been determined to be a comfy and soothing color.

Those digits.....

This is actually a myth. Cheap plastic is turney yellow-ish by UV light.

IBM used to say that if it wasn't for computers every person in the US would be a clerk in an insurance company.