twitter.com/AnonBabble

WRITE ONCE DEBUG EVERYWHERE

benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/u64q/java.html

CPU usage: 100% +

prove it fag

Learn one, do everything.
[spoiler]with more difficulty[/spoiler]

Can you believe that php-gtk exists?

When was the last time you saw a resource critical game/3D rendering software runs on Java?

benchmarksgame.alioth.debian.org/u64q/compare.php?lang=java&lang2=csharpcore

XD

If linux is written mostly on C, why is android using Java?

Literally the most popular game in the Sol system was built in Java.

A JVM client like Minecraft is pretty rare, but many, many backends for the biggest games in the world (LoL, Overwatch, etc) run on the JVM, whether or not they were actually written in Java. The JVM has hauled ass since NIO and Hotspot and is competitive with C even in tight loops.

Google had a lot of people experienced in writing Java and they made a decision to write android in it.

Because they want to compile once and run everywhere.

>Overwatch server-side is Java

The actual game backend and not some irrelevant web services? I'd like to see some proofs.

t. Retard

What are you calling the "actual" backend? The simulation itself is probably built in C++ alongside the client, but that isn't the interesting computational problem on a service like that. The hard part is sharing state across a distributed system, and no one builds that shit in C/++ anymore.

No, the interesting part is simulating the game and responding to clients with high latency. Interacting with database to store statistics is not an interesting part.

?

If you think Riot's engineering challenges are netcode and the rest is "storing statistics", I'm sorry you feel that way.

>Literally the most popular game in the Sol system was built in Java
I don't think the original Tetris was developed in Java...

I explicitly mentioned Overwatch.

Eat shit code monkey

Honest question: which one do you think is more latency-sensitive?

I don't get your question. Latency-sensitive is game simulation. It is done on one server. There's nothing distributed and no need for any coordination. Game simulation is not written in Java. After the game is over and simulation is finished, some results of it are stored in a database, which is a third party product not written in Java. This process is not latency sensitive at all. Before the new game starts, there is matchmaking. I believe matchmaking also is done on a single server after receiving a rather large set relevant fields from the database (but if you have evidence pointing to otherwise, please feel free to post it). When matchmaking is done, it sends results to relevant players and a single server that will host the game. So, yes, out of all described tasks, game simulation is the only one that really required low latency.

I'm still waiting for your response, user.

You should address his concern in his response, or are these funny things called letters confusing you?

It's q misquote. I'm waiting for other user's response. Here:

I'm waiting for your response.

quora.com/Why-are-Android-apps-written-in-Java-but-the-OS-is-written-in-C
Basically, people are incompetent to learn C++ and java was already used on dumbphones.

>shitecraft
I said resource critical, not POS games that even 2004 pentium I is able to run.

Give me examples like Destiny, Crysis 3, Autodesk Maya etc