/csg/ Chink Shit General

In /csg/, we discuss the cheap shit you see on Gearbest, Taobao, AliExpress, Banggood, eBay and similar sites.

REMINDER:
Most purchases made after 19 January will get delayed or may not get shipped until 2 or even 4 Feb (depending on the store) because of the Chinese New Year, as most shipping companies will be closed for the holiday.

>IRC channel
#/csg/ on rizon

>Discord link
discord.gg/zP789wR

>Chink Shit Randomiser
chinkshit.xyz/random/

>Chink Shit Wiki
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general

>Chink Shit Infographic v1.4
qt.vidyagam.es/IcDmsJb.jpg

>News
• user reviews the latest in fidgetry, a fidget dodecahedron • user finally has a scale to weight his drugs with • user finishes building his GH60 • user posts a desk full of chinese products • user is in desperate need of a birb proof keyboard • PostNL makes user pick up a package at the post office when it easily fits through his mailslot • Every one of user's purchases has arrived • Tea sellers on AliExpress are closing up shop • Zuk Z2 is back in stock and on sale over at Banggood • user fixes the sound of his Xiaomi Hybrid Pros with some EQing • user just got a Bluetooth Aux Adapter for his car Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

s.aliexpress.com/InABn67z
aliexpress.com/item/programmingsocks/32667889616.html
mokeedev.com/en/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

HLSX BK50
>>BEST CHINK IEM IN EXISTENCE

boards.Sup Forums.org/g/thread/58561029#p58573035

pls respond

Too expensive

it was a baseless claim

Then How about a Kz IE-80 or a Swing DIY IE-800?

>Zuk Z2
>$161
I was going to wait for the Global Redmeme Note 4 but this sounds like a hell of an opportunity. Should I cop this?

Better have a plan-in-place if you are goin' to cop it

Check what Non-Pajeet Intl ROM you can run on it and then execute without fucking up.

If you fucked it up the first time, you are completely fucked.

Do it, then do this and post results.

I already know how shit is when you buy nice hardware but the available software is utter shit and i don't want to experience that again.

>dramaposting in chink shit general

What is the best chink phone under $100 with 5.5 fhd?

Hard mode: no Xiaomi.

oukitel whatever

What's better, the Redmi Note 4 or the Redmi Pro?

From what I've understood the Redmi Pro has a better chip (MediaTek Helio X25 vs Snapdragon 625) and a better display (OLED vs IPS)

That was me, sorry about it

How long does it usually take for tracking number to show on 17track? Banggood sent me package on 18th and it's still not showing there.

up to a week.

ZTE Nubia Z7 Max

Homtom HT17 Pro.

Do you own it?

Nah, but an user bought one a few threads ago and reviewed it. Based on specs it's the best sub $100 5.5" phone

is there any way of having it turn on automatically, when it receives power over USB?

because right now I have to hold down the button every time I get in the car

Just ordered a pair of Dzat df 10's to replace my shitty apple earpods. I don't know if they will ship from the store (in fact I doubt they will since it says the last day was the 18th, so I'll probably just cancel if it doesn't and order later), but I figured they must be better than my current pair.

Good decision?

>tfw retarded old brazilian tax laws makes buying chinkphones almost the same price of original gookphones in brazil
>tfw all phones here come with cell operator unremovable shovelware
Just fuck my fuckup famalam

have you considered either:

a) moving out
b) suicide

Every day user, every day.

>baofeng radios have a retarded proprietary input plug instead of a usb (for programming)
For what purpose

Such is life for the Brazilian man

I fail to see how the second point is an issue, you aren't a moron running stock ROM right?

>yfw the poor huehues can't afford roms with proper community support

tl;dr: get a Baofeng UV-82 instead. NOW

Here are full explanations which may serve again: Baofengs are pretty good overall. Some people don't like them for valid reasons, though most of them are radioamateurs who like accurate, quality stuff, more than actual users who need something affordable and that works. Still there's no better in the $0-200 range, and even comparing a $20 Baofeng to a $300 Yaesu may leave you wondering where the fuck your money went. And if those issues applied to you, you'd be better informed and wouldn't hesitate to shell out $500 for a good one.

My favorite is the BF-F8+, an evolution of the UV-5C, which also exists in a pricier high power BF-F8 HP version. But it's mostly because I'm used to UV-5Rs, have plenty accessories for these, and they're very well documented because official manual is SHIT. Since then there's been the UV-82 range which are better built and higher quality overall, and mere $ more expensive. The entry-level UV-82 is roughly as expensive as BF-F8+ and with nice improvements, so I would recommend these over UV-5Cs. As for other versions, laws and regulations aside there's little reason to get the commercial UV-82C, but the hipow UV-82HP could be nice, though 5 watt is generally enough and as good as any >$200 radio.

It's also worth knowing Baofeng is changing its market approach. They discontinued old cheap models, and are now selling pricier ones under the BTECH brand, like the BTECH UV-5x3 Tribander, essentially a Baofeng BF-F8+, sold 3 times the price directly by Baofeng on Amazon, chinking even chink resellers. Seems they try to axe unauthorized resellers entirely, as newer models are nowhere to be found aside from Baofeng directly, and old models slowly vanish from all chink stores. Some think old models are still produced but only sold in China, and that the point is to chink the west.

So if you want a cheap radio, GET IT QUICK, BECAUSE STOCKS OF OLD MODELS MAY BE GETTING LOW

Maybe... I'm a electrical engineer but my thing is with computers, never got interested in android, phones and mobile stuff. So I have this irrational fear and prejudice that rooting my phone=bricking
I speak 3 languages user I don't need a BR rom :^)

why would one want something like this

Fug user, I just want to buy two of them to use with my friend when we go trekking. What is the purpose of this chinkospiracy? The new silk route? The south china sea?

>SD625
>XBOXHUEG battery
>shit

sure, I'll just be here enjoying my 1 week battery life

5hz has been deposited to your chink transmitter

Grey, Silver or Gold?

Yeah, they have great sound and look pretty aesthetic too

silver is the only non-gay one

>So I have this irrational fear and prejudice that rooting my phone=bricking
man up, you pussy

Silver

Grey is objectively the superior colour

I've been installing custom roms since 2011 and I've never permanently bricked a phone. It really isn't rocket science.

Alright, nice. I cancelled the order since they said they wouldn't ship out until Feb and I don't want it to get lost or something like that, but when their store hours resume I'll definitely get on it.

Not that my apple earpods are awful or anything, I have nice headphones for when I want it. I just want something more comfortable

Not that guy, but I've had problems with custom ROMs not working well on phones (camera not working, photo quality decreasing a lot, battery acting up, etc)

Pretty much this. What is the cheapest model one can get?

I know that it's not the purpose of the thread but can you give me a link or somewhere to start? What are the advantages (aside from removing shovel ware) does it bring? I own a Moto G 4 if it matters for anything. (I'll not talk of this further to avoid derailing.)

The UV 82 is in my price range user, I think I'll get it.

It's a standard shared by all radio brands, like Kenwood or Yaesu. Programmable radios have been around much longer than USB, back then it used to be done with RS-232 cables plugged on jack in/out. A programming USB cable is like $2, and there's open sauce software to program them.

Baofengs have recently been spotted in Lybia, Ukraine and Syria, used by all sides, where amidst the chaos, landlines and cellphones didn't work. Now preppers are buying them en masse. You'd want something like this when no other ordinary communication technology works. And one of the reasons Baofeng bumped its range is actually because their radios are far too good and they took notice.

Equivalents from other brands are incredibly expensive, you need to shell out at least $100 for a shitty equivalent of a UV-5C. Baofengs are such a steal, it's a literal bank robbery. So just get two UV-82 and you'll be good, because you won't get anything better.

lads, I'm looking for some stuff to spice up and improve my desktop space. I've got a cheap keyboard mat to compliment my mousepad, going to build myself one of those monitor stands with drawers. What else would add to the comfort/functionality of my desk?

are there Sup Forums related stickers on aliexpress? cant seem to find any good ones

for most chinkphones the default software is garbage (MIUI, EUI, etc), since it's tailored for the Chinese market
(and they sure like their iOS imitations)

beyond that using a custom ROM on a device that already has a stock-ish skin (like Motorola) is more superficial.
More customization, additional privacy options, etc
Unless of course your device has a ROM that has a newer Android version than what's available stock.

Well I always buy my phones based on the custom ROM support they have. Never had a situation where I felt the custom ROM was worse or less stable than the stock ROM. The camera quality being worse is unavoidable with some phones though, as the camera drivers are often proprietary.

Yes plenty of ROMs have bugs, even popular ones such as CM being unable to do FDE on most builds but i don't think bricking a phone by flashing a custom ROM is even possible nowadays.

>I know that it's not the purpose of the thread but can you give me a link or somewhere to start?
xda -> (your device) subforum

>What are the advantages (aside from removing shovel ware) does it bring?
It's like flashing a new "distro", along with the benefits and cons that each "distro" has.
Some ROMs add features, some try to make it clean as possible, and some are buggy as fuck. Look at the comments in their respective threads.

redbubble m8

FUUT Desk Feet Hammock Foot Chair Care Tool The Foot Hammock Outdoor Rest Cot
s.aliexpress.com/InABn67z
(from AliExpress Android)

What phone do you have right now?

>The camera quality being worse is unavoidable with some phones though, as the camera drivers are often proprietary.
That's definitely less than ideal.

UV-5R vs UV-82
what difference? both have pretty much the same price

>Baofengs have recently been spotted in Lybia, Ukraine and Syria,
I don't live in a third world country, but thanks

not him but
NOICE

With the new american president, we all are Ukraine or Syria soon.

OPO

Oneplus phones are generally great in terms of custom rom support as they're affordable (compared to other flagship phones) and easy to unlock the bootloader

more like the USA is Ukraine or Syria soon

I wouldn't mind a OP phone but I can't really justify spending over 200€ more compared to a Redmi Pro

More like just your country is Ukraine or Syria now :^)

I have this shitty habit of putting my legs on the table and sitting like that till they start to hurt. Maybe this little thing will help me become human again. Pic is releated

I'm from the USA :v(

Alright, here's the plan
>Unlock bootloader
>Install TWRP
>Install Mokee
>Join ZUKfans.eu for support

Also, does Banggood offer any kind of warranty? There was a guy on XDA who said his SIM card contacts got fugged a month in and he couldn't do anything about it.

no striped socks?

What? You mean those famous art socks with Mona Lisa?

Wtf is mokee

no these
aliexpress.com/item/programmingsocks/32667889616.html

mokeedev.com/en/
according to anons it's the best ROM for the Z2

Haha that's exactly how I sit when I'm on the computer

I also do this, but sideways and hurts my neck because I am watching my monitor at an angle

UV-82 > BF-F8+ > UV-5R

They're progressive evolutions of the same radio, UV-82 is best right now.

wow, uv-82 is just 30 dollars on alie, I suppose it's time to shop again

Thanks for the post but unfortunately that wouldnt work with my desk.

l-lewd

So if i order somethung from aliexpress it wont be shipped for weeks?

it'll be shipped the next day (or 2 days)

but shipping itself will take 2-3 (or more) weeks

I know i know irdered from ali many times but the chinese new year stuff doesnt affect it?

I bought 4 items yesterday and paid using credit card, it is verifying payment for nearly 24 hours, is this normal?

Anyone ever order suits, dress shirts, pants and dress shoes from AliExpress? What's the quality like? I need a suit for an interview and I'd rather not pay $500 for it.

>order a mousepad
>cancel order
>make new order for 3 mousepads
>recieve 4

Just go buy Zara. It's still cheap, and you can try before you buy.

Wait 1-2 days more, if they haven't shipped by them just cancel the order

chinese new year

processing and shipping is going to take a huge stall for about 2 weeks

link for zara?

>muh 4 mouse pad master race

Zara.com, lol

Thanks.

Yes I will be patient about the shipping, but they have a 24 hour timer for the payment verification and I assume this very first step would be done much quicker. Come on Ali, just take my money already.

Please note that orders placed after 1/20/2017 will not be dispatched until 2/2/2017 due to the Chinese New Year Holiday.

Does anyone here actually have a Zuk Z2?

I wanna know if the screen has a curved edge

Meh ordered a emblem.for 80cents

Random question, are we expecting shipping prices to go up when trump becomes president?

any recommended bluetooth headphones?

No, because it will ship from the aliexpress US warehouse

Check infograph

If you live in Europe you do.