So what moron thought it was a good idea that the whole system should cease booting if a single fstab entry is no...

So what moron thought it was a good idea that the whole system should cease booting if a single fstab entry is no longer valid?

systemd is fucking terrible and I'd seriously punch that dickhead Lennart in the face if I ever met him in person.

Hold up, your system shouldn't boot if one entry isn't valid? Do you mean an "essential" entry (/ or something) or any? Because I've had a few messed up fstab entries for my Windows partition but it didn't stop me from booting. Or is this a recent change?

>cease booting
You mean hang for about 3 seconds?

fstab is for essential partitions

the actual morons are the arch wiki people who tell you to mount nfs/cifs(etc) shit from there

ur mum has an essential partition , m8

It depends, if by "essentail" you mean the bare minimum partitions -aka / /boot and maybe swap- then no.
If you mean the partitions you need for the computer does it's job -say you have a media server and your media files are in another physical disk- then yes.

but fanboys love systemd right? is not just just the developers shilling right?

Where's the proper location to mount these?

Tips confirm.

SystemD fanboys hate themselves and Lennart has been bought by the NSA.

Add
nofail
to the mount options of that device. This will enable your computer to boot even if the device fails to mount.

>not using modern and utalitarian OpenRC
it's like you deserve to be spied on by Lennart
no but in all seriousness I would punch Lennart in the face too, he looks like an autistic child

this isn't specific to systemd

You are just doing it wrong.

>Sup Forums's most prolific systemd apologist makes an appearance

Coincidentally also a tripfag

You shouldn't use fstab at all.
systemd.mount files are better.

how is it systemd's fault you didn't use the option "noauto" on mounts not critical to boot?

>So what moron thought it was a good idea that the whole system should cease booting if a single fstab entry is no longer valid?
not sure, but it wasn't lennart

or nofail

yea

Or you just don't use fstab because it sucks.

webm related, inotify based automounting of sshfs that is way cleaner than using fstab

>bu.. bu.. but I'm so weak so Plzzz Lennart fuck my ass because I can't into
FUCKING FSTAB

I'd like to see these systemd haters that bitch about how it handles fstab sanely actually give an example of a clean way to do it with only fstab.

There isn't one lol.

fstab has nothing to do with systemd
certainly the fstab configuration must be correct
bu5t it is not the fault of systemd if you
ruin fstab

your post just made me feel like molesting nuns andvicars and your grandad
because you are a stupid moron

Molesting nuns is kinda fun though.