What went wrong?

What went wrong?

wrong moves, cutting the wrong people out of the company, general stupidity

retarded ceo who thought intel will use netburst forever
also this

They got fucked over by the Jews so people buy them for being the "good guy" but their products are still shit

If you buy any AMD products right now you're literally cucking yourself to inferior trash because of "muh morals"

>i get to define what is truth and what isn't
no.
kill yourself.

Poo poo on the GPU

Numbers dont lie, anything AMD makes is shittier than Nvidia or Intel. This is written fact and if you compare results AMD always comes out on the bottom, even if their raw performance is decent theres something that holds it back.

they went for fabricator facilities

Their marketing team is terrible.

*Their R&D team is terrible

poor to average products
Batshit retarded fanbase

They took a gamble with the bulldozer architure and style of moar cores is moar better. I'm hoping vega will provide more long lasting and high performance options on the consumer level.

without them intel would inflate prices. kabylake is a joke, no comp

Intel's hit a dead end and is already moving on to new tech which we'll get in 2018, meanwhile AMD is still trying to catch up to their dead end

>2018

thats when Coffee Lake comes out, yes
2020 is when we get all the other bullshit

and AMD will not make a single relevant product in that timeframe

Coffe lake is just another rehash

coffee*

like clockwork

They thought DX12 was coming a lot faster then it actually did so bulldozer and later CPU's were Dead On Arrival.
They thought Intel would just stick with netburst based designed for years. They couldn't beat the Due or the i* series.

Currently there isn't. Zen will be passable enough to be competitive (I'm not saying great). Vega will be MEH.

The issue is Intel isn't doing shit. Their CEO is a flaming retard who has fired engineers for now turning out new core architecture improvements in

Hopefully to zen being at least as good as phenom ii :-D

THE ONLY GOOD CPU

Dear VIA:
Please stop making low power x86 processors. Please become competitive again.

Thanks,
user who hates the Intel/AMD battles.

Bulldozer. Other than that, nothing in particular.

I'd kill someone to make this happen.

Via C4 when?
The marketing campaign writes itself.
"Explosive power - Via C4"

That'd be fucking amazing.

Or if x86 licensing changes, which isn't likely.

Via has never been competitive ever

At least they were more competitive/mainstream than they are now.

Question from a normie:

Why do people say that Vulkan is an AMD thing? Or imply that Vulkan is somehow better on AMD hardware?

Relatively more common yes but still far from competitive or mainstream.

AMD runs like shit on Dx11 but good on DX12/vulkan

Nvidia runs twice as good on both

Due to nature of GCN arch is gains some huge benefits from parallelism achieved by dx12/Vulkan.

Nvidia doesn't have this feature?

NVIDIA has different arch.

Intel's illegal business tactics, industrial espionage, industrial sabotage, and paying off the legal system.

Intel paid Dell and the rest billions every year to Jew AMD out of sales, even thought the Intel product was inferior.

>Waaaah a rich and successful company did something rich and successful companies do and AMD was too stupid to see it!

They also turned that "inferior product" into the best CPUs you can get today while AMD tried to meme us with MOAR CORES(which they're trying again), so it worked out for the best in the end.

>They also turned that "inferior product"

No

They completely threw netburst in the garbage

>literally missing the point like a fucking autistic child
AMDrones really are braindead

t. retard nigger

to be fair even during netburst era intel still had the best mobile chips
pentium m was so good that some MB manufacturers made it possible to put in a desktop

Really? What is better than the RX 470 for a similar price?

literally anything else

Because AMD was heavily involved into creating and promoting Mantle which is pretty predecessor of Vulkan. Vulkan games favor AMD because it uses async which right now at least unitl Volta is AMD exclusive and it shows massive performance gains. Nothing wrong with that, if every AAA game out there was coming out with async I'd buy AMD card myself, but it isn't, it's literally supported by 9 games and 2 of them (AotS and DOOM) are like a mantra for every AMD fanboy. I find it's kind hilarious when I see a heavily favored AMD shill review where 50% of games are either Vulkan or DX12 when in reality 95% of games you gonna play in 2017 and the ones made in last years are running in dx11 where a 480RX loses to a heavily oced 970.

Dunno about burger prices but in UK either 3gb 1060 or 4gb 480... You could buy a stock 480, underclock it so it never reaches 70 degrees and it still would be faster than 470.

>AMD exclusive
Wrong, Pascal doesn't have async Maxwell v2 does.

You sure about that? I thought it's only software supported async which gives almost no gains.

t.fat manchild with emotional issues

AMD is so fucking retarded that they can't even get their prices right. I'm planning on building a mini ITX pc for my dad so he can stop buying those overpriced garbage laptops that he has to change 2 years later in order to play a game at 60 fps and minimum details. Only biggest retarded AMD morons buy a 470 when a 480 is actually cheaper and around 10 faster. Their whole line up makes no god damn sense.

Fucks sake forgot picture, pic very fucking related.

it just has less of async, like 8bit or some shit.
Just shows that nVidia though async wasn't going anywhere and cut it.

>What went wrong?

W A I T ™

>not releasing Ryzen early enough to grab the Christmas sales
>not releasing Ryzen when stocks peaked to prevent the fall caused by stock exchangers looking for a quick buck
>not releasing Ryzen at the same time as Intel's next gen to take sales from the jews
>not releasing Ryzen
See a pattern?

1) Newegg is retarded. 2) You're paying for the game. 3) Different brands of the card. 4) Newegg is retarded.

Tanking a company that already can't afford to R&D a CPU to beat Intel and deciding to buy ATi so they can split that shitty R&D budget into a CPU and GPU division.

>async is shit because nvidia doesn't support it

This thread is dead.

>AMD will get purchased by the company they spun off and own some of

Ok

combination of incompetent management and facing an oponent that is 20 times bigger. The culmination was trying to go for high clock design when your main competitor's high clock design was the thing that brought you to prominence.

Targeting the low-end.
Every GPU has a specific amount of money which needs to be spent to build it. When you sell a 200 dollar GPU when it takes the same or a slightly larger amount of money to build a 300 dollar GPU, the 300 dollar GPU is making more profit. Combine that with people leaning to the high-end for lots of things and AMD's brand being bad, and you get Nvidomination, which is sad cause the RX 480 is a fine card.

>Nvidia runs twice as good on both

Are you taking the piss? Nvidia runs like shit on DX12, and most current AAA titles run better in DX11 for them.

woooow you're retarded.

Nvidia just doesn't support AMD's version of async that was written into the core of mantle and carried over to vulkan.
It's like they don't support freesync even though they could if they weren't so proud of themselves.

Nvidia has CUDA which implements its own version of async compute. Afaik it's really more for multimedia and business software at the moment but I'm sure they're hard at work implementing it into gameworks so they can cuck AMD and any of their own previous gen cards like they always do.

It was the pins.

The funny thing is that in 3 years we'll be saying the same thing about Intel, except with Bulldozer.

>making a $200 gpu costs the same as a $300 one

No it doesn't you tard. The polaris chip was designed for the absolute highest yields possible. It's also designed to get by with not so spectacular VRM and other low quality board components.

Keep in mind that until like a month ago most OC rx 480 8gb's were selling for ~$300 since inception and were sold out for months even at that price.

They made a $200 GPU they could sell for $300. Not that it really matters though since they only sell the chip itself to third parties.

CEO is also a gook.

1) Hector Ruiz is an incompetent prick of a manager who gutted much of what was good about the company. This is the guy who sold off the mobile chip division just before Apple released the iPhone and mobile chips exploded.
2) Retarded shareholders strangling the company at every turn in the name of "shareholder value."

GloFo is a thoroughly mediocre company by itself and doesn't seem like it will do much if AMD shrivels up and dies.

Nah it's mainly their fabs

Nvidia has async only on the software side. CUDA will have no benefit for gameworks.

Since jimmy left and the rise of core2 designs and the acquisition of dying ATi .

Plenty of stuff, from bureaucratic to political.

But at least they have a new architecture in 2017 instead of waiting for 2022 for it like a certain other company.

intel has been using the same core for almost 20 years now, netburst was a fail and they fell back to p3 and refined it.

Look at bulldozer compared to what is offered now, it's amazing what they did with it all things considered.

now look at ryzen and think what if this is the same level of unrefined that bulldozer was, shit is getting me interested in computer parts again.

if they are the same price you are getting fucked hard.

intel is at a 'dead end' till at least 2020, possibly 2021, and that's if they find it easy to make a better cpu than they did with the pentium 3... something they are still using as a base... almost 20 years after it came out... and the itanium failed, and netburst failed, and its at this point you realize that amd has a better track record with new core arches than intel does.

nvidia's async isn't async it's still all parallel, but it just queues the shit up a bit faster if memory serves.

What's wrong with Newegg

>Intel's hit a dead end
We could very well be looking at the limits for single threaded computing for our current ways of designing computers. No significant progress has been made on that front in the past half decade and even IBM can't beat Intel in terms of single threaded performance.

That could be good news for AMD if you look at it as their opportunity to catch up but it's bad news for the entire rest of humanity, unless we see a radical departure from our current ways of doing things.

>"Explosive power - Via C4"
kek

sure, silicon isn't improving. but designs can get more efficient. transistors can shrink further. software can become better at running on new hardware.

we still have decades of progressin front of us.

>>AMD will get purchased by the company they spun off and own some of
You are mentally retarded. AMD sold off it's fabs to 4 different companies. GloFo existed before AMD sold them *some* of their fab factories. You are literally retarded and no nothing.

AMD had a major advantage by creating the x64 expansions to x86 which run 32bit programs without emulation. Intel wanted to replace x86-32 with Itanium which is terrible at emulating x86. They also were lucky with K8 AMD64 when intel was still trying to get the awful netburst architecture to work.

>GlobalFoundries was created by the divestiture of the manufacturing arm of Advanced Micro Devices (AMD) on March 2, 2009

Yeah, we'll probably see great jumps in efficiency but we're unlikely to see any significant increase in single threaded performance. We'll probably also see better multithreaded performance as well.

>literally retarded and no nothing
>literally
>no nothing
Not that guy but you're really not in a position to call someone else retarded.

>software can become better at running on new hardware
poojeet can't into proper code

Nothing.

>faildozer

i am 99.999 percent positive they use components to mine crypto currency and fuck around and then just repackage them, go on any GPU or product and check the reviews half of them whine about the gpu not lasting very long or being DOA

this

Waiting

Where do you think the free shipping comes from

amd exists so intel wouldnt get split up by the government because of monopoly. forgetting the technical name.

same with the gpu department.

AMD is much older than x86 and the IBM PC. hell it's only one year younger than Intel itself.

>"Explosive power - Via C4"
fuck, I spilled coffe all over my desk

I wonder if this is why intel is going to start using their iGPU.
Would be pretty funny if it is, Intel doing all they can to make sure AMD doesn't go bankrupt and they have to face actual competition for once

intel has been riding a corpse for 20 years, yea, this is the absolute pinnacle of the pentium 3, lets all come back after intel puts out a new core arch and see if they still cant make progress then.

eating the cost of shipping from their profits because nearly every competitor offers it without adding to the product cost

nah, its because nvidia are such massive cunts to work with as a business. intel licensed nvidia gpu base patents for 1.5 billion dollars, back in 2011 nvidia is likely asking for a fuck load more money, and amd is sitting in the corner 'hey, pay off our debts and we good to go for years'

and that's how nvidia just fucked themselves, by being such a cunty company to work with they just gave amd, who is set to be a significant force in the pro market with 16fp being the new hot thing, capital to further fund being a force that can drive nvidia out.

Terrible, most autistic fanbase of shitposters on Internet, literally anything that comes out of AMD's drone mouth is always some kind of autistic screeching. Their ability to discard any facts is truly magnificent. Every pro-AMD argument I see on this retarded knitting forum has the same issue of being cherry picked.

- Muh Ryzen 40% IPC gains! Intel has no gains! (Discards the fact that Intel can afford releasing a new line up every year and that we are reaching absolute silicon limits so AMD is simply getting where Intel was for years)
- Muh 480RX being $50 cheaper than 1060 while being faster! (Discards the fact that reference cards aren't even available, probably because they ran too hot so AMD decided to drop them altogether, meanwhile any decent, faster 8gb version of 480RX costs as much as a good 1060 gtx 6gb card and MSRP simply doesn't exist)
- Muh async and DX12/Vulkan performance in newest games! (Discards the fact that Vulkan is DOA and exists in 6 titles while DX12 requires a botnet OS)

If everything else fails and you point out that they're full of shit they will either call you a shill/start screeching about normies buying "inferior" Nvidia/Intel products.

>iGPU
>Having future

LEL. AMD simply gets all those scraps where they barely break even on sales. Same applies to consoles.