Sup Forums faps over handheld PCs

>Sup Forums faps over handheld PCs
>nobody here builds Raspberry Pi-based handhelds

Why don't you just build your own handheld PC?

Because purchasing dated used UMPCs gives you better size/specs for the cost. I looked into it previously and it really isn't worth it for what you get.

Because ARM is fucking shit.

That's like asking why no one makes their own laptop

ARM is a pretty good platform, but the latest and greatest pi doesn't have enough power to do anything I find really useful on its own. Maybe if I could do Wii emulation 60fps 4k, it would be worth it.

In OP's pic :
Is this one of the 2 chineses hackers in the movie Hackers (1995) ?

Got a link to pic related? Google just gives me lapping/grinding companies

I own a pocketchip.

ARM is dank my dude
The only real development in computing right now is in low-cost fully featured boards, a market which ARM owns

I would use mine if the "keyboard" wasnt shit

>Handheld PC
For fags

I'm designing my own portable PC thats based off this design. At the moment I've got an Orange Pi PC plus but may use a different SBC in the future.

Just look at it. It's fucking geourgeous.

Because it's not as simple as you think OP.

would this be qt? :3

I got my vaio P, my GPD win, my nanonote and a zipit. If I could ever be bothered finishing my custom keyboard PCB I might try building my own with an orange Pi lite.

in the end it's either expensive as all fuck or it looks and feels like a bulky, shitty hack

Pis are also garbage and I have no interest in funding them or feeding into their fanbase' delusion, I hate """makers""" so fucking much.

A smartphone is pretty much already a handheld PC.

>Raspberry Pi

>my custom keyboard PCB
how are you going to do your own membrane?
or are you just using microswitches without caps?

what's the point of building high cost umpc when you can't shove 10k mah battery on it?
also this.

There's just no point to it.

The Pis are too big to fit well in a handheld unless you use the PiZero and then you have shit for power.

GPD Win?

they are cool but not really a UMPC

In terms of guts, sure, but the input methods are extremely important.

I love small computers.

Problem is of course, keyboards. there's no comfortable way of typing on something small. Also battery.

No way jose. It's fairly expensive, people want that thing for games but the truth is it's pretty terrible for that purpose specifically. Concept is good, hardware can go suck a dick.

no, because of the location of the power button

Because only x86 handhelds matter

No, it's 350$. I can get a 8" 1200p Cherry Trail tablet + whatever controller and keyboard my heart desires for that kind of money

Fully featured when they literally do everything over USB?

because it takes effort and not everyone wants to

>not waiting to buy a cheap, used GPD Win and slapping a Linux distro on it

>L3/R3 placement