The Singularity

What do you faggots think?

I think if you keep posting it every day you will eventually learn something.
Keep up the good work but first install gentoo.

I love technology. Especially the future of technology. i love talking about it and thinking about it and interacting with it. It's my favorite thing. Does anyone else on here share my love for this subject?

I will post it every day! It's easily my favorite thing to talk about, and i have no friends :(

I ain't seeing it happeing this century with all the jewing in the technology.

Jewing? What do you mean by that? And it will happen this century. It will happen in 2045.

What makes you say that?
>inb4 some futorologist meme

Ray Kurzweil says 2045. And that man is not wrong about much.

>Ray Kurzweii
;^]

lol your emoticon has a big nose, because Ray Kurzweil is a Jew. That's so funny. Do you ever think about doing stand up?

>:-]
Better?
>sensitive
: }

>Singularity

Then come on irc.freenode.org #the_singularity and we can have a talk

Hahahahaha
No

The nerd rapture won't happen. You will get old and die, possibly living long enough to see modern civilization collapse due to a combination of climate change, resource scarcity and massive overpopulation.

yes i love technology too :)

nice paint skillz

No state would allow it. They'll instead create new jobs because unemployment takes money from their pockets and would rather tax people. Maybe people start to be jack of all trades rather than specializing in something but i don't know

these are small, temporary problems
if no muhh matrix/starwars happens our generation will live till the next century, thats hella lot of time for the technology even with the current rate of progression

unless that ukrainian girl goes through with her research and make human immortal before the end of the century, then we'll see the singularity even if it happens 200 years after that.

BTW, if you're more than 20 and/or are living in the US you won't make it.

there will be a base payment for everybody without work in the next few decades

That sounds like a bad idea from a state point of view. Only if it has nothing left to offer

Money won't be needed after the singularity and history will say that people of the 21st were slaves.

Those with money do not like to lose their money

Well yeah, they'll try to fuck it up. But they just can't succeed.

Money will always be needed because it's a value of limited resources. If there is unlimited coal, sheep, iron, aluminum, etc... then money wouldn't be needed. that's one reason why we have states; to compete against the resources and security of the competing state.

i thought the same at first, also i read that sweden already experimenting with this, with 2000 randomly choosen individual

>Muh physical limitations!

These are the same people who thought humans couldn't survive traveling at >30 mph because their guys would fall out. Kys.

Money has no real value and will lose the imaginary value we gave it along the way.

Money already has no meaning today, that's why the majority of humanity is 'working' useless jobs while some others try to create more useless jobs to keep the system from falling apart.

Maybe you don't see it, maybe you do. But soon when most of the useless jobs will be done by literal robots more people will see it. Because when a literal robot will flip burgers for free people will ask themselves : "wtf, my dad was flipping burger and for what ? just to be able to eat ?"
It's just an example and its just the start, and its starting already. That's why in a couple of decades people will have a minimum amount of money distributed to them so they can live.

Maybe you want to say "but robots aren't free, they need resources to function, programmers, peoples to make them". Well yes, but as i said that's just the start. The human slaves won't be replaced by IT and more educated people dedicated to make robots and maintenance or whatever, because the numbers don't add up : that's a lot of people that just won't be able to find any jobs unless they keep on making useless new ones.

But even before that, even right now there's just not enough jobs for all the people and we should already be free of the money. But the system is strong and won't fall before we advance too far. And to be clear, that's not just a fedora tipper theory here : the system is really powerfull because it has been there for so long that it's hard for anyone to imagine that we could not need money or useless jobs.

In fact you mention 'state', "its the reason why we have states". Maybe it was the reason. But today its our history, our legacy. We have states because in the past money was needed, we weren't advanced enough so the resources were really important. They meant power, wealth, etc. Today money means that but its becoming more and more meaningless.

>these are small, temporary problems
Not really. Progress will grind to a halt and possibly never pick up again. The new dark age will be permanent.

>unless that ukrainian girl goes through with her research and make human immortal
Crackpot crapshoots aren't likely to happen. Even if it does, chances are that only the famous and wealthy will be able to afford it.

>BTW, if you're more than 20 and/or are living in the US you won't make it.
The average lifespan in the US is 80, if the nerd rapture happens in 2045 you could be born in the 60's and still make it.

You are in the wrong place if you are easily offended.

green is a singularity too, you dumbos seem to forget that singularities are fundamentally mathematical concepts

Nobody cares about the concept when we're talking about a specific chain of events that results in supar smart AI that solves nanotechnology and FTL travel while you're picking your nose on your lunch break.

ahhh yeah... strong AI, of course this is the only course of events, even tho all we really would have to do is reduce computing size to its minimal expression and develop powerful enough computers where we could run quantum simulations powerful enough that together with neural cells and genetic algorithms would reach all these answers while still being subjected to us because of the simple rules of informatic entropy

Also strong AI is doomed to fail, even if you manage to create sentience out feeding enough information to a neural algorithm it would still be subjected to humanity at a physical and epistemological level, it would be a direct consequence of humanity and would not be able to break our perception bias, but whatever dude keep antropomorphizing knowledge itself; all I was saying is that by the definition itself that green line on that chart is STILL a singularity

why would the progression slow down?

>The average lifespan in the US is 80
it's 76 for US male. On average yes, meaning you can die earlier than that. You US are kinda very advanced but at the same time you eat a lot of shit and in quantity, on average. Also your health system is kinda weird.

>if the nerd rapture happens in 2045
That's the optimistic number, if we don't see something huge coming during the next decades i don't think it'll come by 2045. This is not meme magic, it won't happen within the same couple of years. I was more thinking of 'by the end of the century', could be anywhere between 2040 to 2090. And i think that's also very optimistic.

I wonder if Intel 2 to 5 % improvements per generation piss off Kurzweil.

You shouldn't feel obliged to speak when you don't know what you are talking about.

It's a meme and not going to happen.
Just like VR.

Whatever we can say about the subject won't be relevant once it happens.

The improvements are much higher, you're comparing consumer hardware and not the high end shit, also ignoring massive improvements with efficiency. It's simply economically pointless for them to release massively faster chips since it might kill AMD, which in turn might kill them.

>Also your health system is kinda weird.
The God Emperor is fixing it as we speak

"Fuck poor people and their health" is fixing what exactly?

He was referring to Warhammer 40000, wasn't he?