What is the point of Remote Desktop unless you are tech service?

What is the point of Remote Desktop unless you are tech service?

Because mobile web browsers are shit.
Thankfully, you can RDP from your phone to your desktop and use a real internet browser with 6 gorillion addons!

We have an old Windows-only database server at work; rdesktop is basically the only way to see what the hell is going on with it because the command line tools are so lacking in documentation (or just plain lacking).

Somehow Microsoft's SQL Server Management Studio manages to freeze and lag randomly even when connected to localhost.

>two winblows putahs
>one monitor

or

>i'm upstairs and putah is downstairs

headless server. headless pc.

you can control your computer from your bed, and continue masturbating

Remote working.

I use it at work to get on my home computer since Sup Forums is blocked.

This, I use my tablet in bed before I sleep, and occasionally need to move files and do things on my PC downstairs. Also, I leave my PC to be turned on from 9:00-23:00 When I go abroad, so I can send myself files and do things from there. TeamViewer's mobile app is great. No, I'm not a shill.

We are entirely cloud hosted at work, so I remote in to around 40 different boxes at work. These range from domain controllers to production database servers. Cloud hosting for us means we can start or stop them and will and cut cost dramatocally. They can also be scaled up on demand when we need more power.

You listen to your music library from work.

>he doesn't just output his music out a port with mpd

managing your servers, faggot.

I'm not familiar with mpd, how do you remote control the player?

not him, with a client.
mpd is a server

pretty convenient.
you run an mpd server on your desktop
and control it with a client on the same desktop

but you can control it with a client on another machine

>Cloud hosting for us means we can start or stop them and will and cut cost dramatocally.
I'm sure you are constantly starting and stopping your domain controllers and production database servers to save on costs. This sounds totally plausible.

> he runs windows server
back to

To use the computer with your phone.

Oh yeah, let's talk about managing server from remote and how in this matter Windows lends you a hand, with RDP.

You can't disable the graphical interface, so this basically means that if you only need to access to CMD, where in any case you have to wait the desktop environment to be set, then once it's ready you can open cmd and do the shit you want.

This wouldn't be such a big problem if the servers you are trying to manage are in the same lan as you are, but this gets really slow when the servers, you are managing, are on the other side of the planet.

RDP is slow as fuck and useless for the most part. Fuck you m$.

SSH for the win.

>assuming microcucks have ability to deploy cloud servers.
people using microshit server just use cloud services provided by microsoft rather than doing it themselves on a cloud because low iq.

I use Google's version. Microsoft requires you to use the application, IIRC. I don't want install it because it requires logging into your account on the Microsoft Store and Windows itself.

So, I use Google's.

The reason why I use it is because it's "fun", I guess I'd say. Useful, too. I leave my computer running and if I'm out I can check in on it through LTE. Don't need to be on the same network or anything.

Not DC, but when you're running warehousing and not transactional, yes you can.