Samsung quantum dots

What's Sup Forums's opinion on the new Samsung quantum dots monitors?
I'm thinking of getting C27FG70 - a 144Hz VA panel with 3000 contrast ratio. It sounds too good to be true. Is it just a meme or actually worth it?

Also, /monitors/ general I guess

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8B9C_nko4yc)
m.youtube.com/watch?v=H_o5h5SK_70
amazon.com/LG-32MP58HQ-P-32-Inch-Monitor-Screen/dp/B01BV1X9DG/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Is the quality control any better compared to other monitors that use different technology?

The main issue that I have with LCD panels is that when you buy a monitor, it's a lottery what kind of panel you get in terms of screen uniformity, light bleeding, clouding, dead pixel count etc.

>1920x1080
"no"

Good luck running modern games in 1440p 144fps

1080p is a perfect resolution and you don't need more because all content is in 1080p, from movies to websites

>27"
>1080p
Nice, you'll be able to count every individual pixel from a distance

>480p is the perfect resolution and you don't need more because all content is in 480p, from movies to websites
You 10 years ago

>curved
and they looked so promising too
fuck Samsung for ruining a perfect monitor

dead pixels weren't an issue in monitors made by major manufacturers in years

progress is stalled and you know it. scaling is bad

Shut up Pajeet. Go shill your 4K garbage elsewhere.

People shilling with 1080p meme
What is problem? It's big enough

>scaling is bad
With the exception of maybe gaming, which I wouldn't know since I'm 30, it isn't.
If you honestly think scaling is bad you should find a 853x480 smartphone

why do you need a resolution over 1080p if you use scaling anyway? to use 32 monitor? too big

1440p is very nice for PC monitor, the additional real estate is useful whilst text at 27 inch isn't too small.

isn't TOO small but uncomfortable

The DPI of a 20+" 1080p monitor is god awful.

I currently have a 2160p monitor and I scale 150% which is like having a 1440p monitor except everything looks even better.

Isn't 32 inch better? It unleashes the visual potenital of 1440p while still looking crisp. A shame there is like 1 MVA panel with this size, and it's MVA

Benq BL3200PT? good monitor judging by reviews and videos, but too big imo

The one 32 inch QHD panel I've found is used in Benq BL3200PT, AOC Q3277Pqu, Philips BDM3270QP and samsung s32d850t. It looks great except it's MVA, meaning black crush and very noticeable ghosting in certain conditions (youtube.com/watch?v=8B9C_nko4yc)

my opinion is that, much like "LED monitors," samsung shows that once again they are great at selling new LCD backlights to theuninformed.

Not interested in curved bullshit. Got myself an Asus MG279Q.

>27"
>1440p
>144 Hz
>FreeSync
>IPS panel

Hope I get a good 'un.

ips panel with 144hz capability doesn't exist, you got memed and overpayed. but, yeah, you're a gamer, handicapped

I keep getting white horizontal "lines" that are really distracting, went to get it checked out but it worked alright on the guy's PC. I get them in gray and black backrounds with text in them. They're not really lines, I don't really know how to explain it, kinda like lighter color distortions that keep jittering on the screen. It's really distracting and annoying. Wat do?

90% chance of Interlacing
10% i am illiterate and wrong

144hz ips panels are a thing now
yes they exist

What the fuck is Interlacing?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=H_o5h5SK_70

>Pajeet
>Affording 4k

marketing buzzword

check your connectors

I didn't mean pic related. it's on the screen right now and I'm on the Tomorrow style. It's kinda like really transparent scan lines moving at an incredibly hihg speed.

Aight Imma check 'em

Interlacing is interlacing.
Its on in the settings, somewhere

At this current moment in time 4K makes everything too small or the scaling is awful or just doesn't work

1080 or 1440 is a much better option for now.

Should I get the Samsung S34E790C (gone down to £600) or is the new C34F791 with 100hz/quantum dot worth it for £800?

By connectors you meant the cables going from the monitor to the PC, right? Sorry I'm mildly retarded.

>quantum dots
It's just another LED LCD monitor like every other piece of shit. I don't know why you'd buy this over anything else.

as in make sure they're not loose, yes.

> What is a GTX 1080?

>Implying people use computers just for gayming.

>scaling is bad
If you have a bad OS maybe.
Mac doesn't have this problem.

Would rather 1440p at say 100 Hz than 1080p at 144 Hz.

Found the retards

>le quantum maymay

Samsung slept when LG was investing in OLED so now that they're behind they're trying to promote shitty Quantum dot as the next big while playing the catchup game. They already know they're behind inferior technology. Quantum is garbage.

>Perfect resolution for websites

CURVED

GAMING

QUANTUM

Quantum dots, as they are being used in that monitor and on Samsung's "SUHD" TVs, aren't anything too special. Basically an improved backlight that gives the display better colors. It still suffers from all the same issues of whatever LCD panel type it uses (VA in this case).

"QLED" is Samsung's marketing name for a new and somewhat different usage of quantum dots combined with some improvements to LCD which allow for better off-axis viewing. It'll only be available on TVs though, for now at least.

Some time in the future, it's likely we'll see another refinement, quantum dot color filter, and then in maybe ten years, the holy grail, actual emissive quantum dot displays, that forgo LCD and backlighting altogether.

>no VESA
in the trash it goes

24 inch 1440p is the best

>curved

samsung please stop

>"QLED"

edge backlit garbage

>says increasingly nervous man

Do they sell at 3:2 or a 16:10 model?

Who needs that? It only adds back bars when we watch our favourite Twitch streamers

It is edge backlit, but I'm willing to give Samsung the benefit of the doubt, at least until there are some test under controlled conditions. They've made some interesting improvements to the panels which could mitigate some of LCD's more glaring issues.

It's still a VA panel, nothing really groundbreaking.

Too many downsides.
I'd rather go with TN, have low response time and input lag, little to no blur and 144hz.

OK, serious question, everyone. Is 1080p at 32" a totally horrible idea? This monitor here looks pretty appealing:
amazon.com/LG-32MP58HQ-P-32-Inch-Monitor-Screen/dp/B01BV1X9DG/
The increased size and glossy screen are obvious upgrades (inb4 matte apologists), but is it gonna look shitty at an arm stretch distance?

>he doesn't watch streams in 5760x1080

>playing video games

>Existing in the realm of the living

Until all of the new marketing bullshit stops, and I can buy a OLED 4k monitor for a few hundred? I have no intention of replacing my 1200p Asus ProArt monitor.

These aren't items to be replaced every few years. Give me a well made, functional monitor that will serve my needs for the next 10yrs, or piss off.

Why do so many monitors leave the factories with excessive backlight bleed?
Even the more expensive premium models have this problem. Is there no quality control? Or do they think it'll pass unnoticed by most customers?

stop buying shit monitors based on catchphrases like "premium"

I've been waiting for OLED for like 5 years. Gave up in the end.

Yeah they probably just think most customers won't notice or care. It's pretty shoddy though and I'd never accept it from any monitor worth over £100.

My MVA monitor from 2009 that died recently. Look at those black levels and backlight bleed baby! Quality control back then was much better, it seems.

This curved display meme has to die already. It's a disaster for any artist. I can't even imagine that gaymers want this. This tech does only exist, because modern production made it possible to have curved displays. There is no use case for this shit

I also want high frame rates while browsing the web and for all animations in my desktop environment. Especially for my mouse cursor...