He doesn't rotate his RAM every 6 months or every 1,000 hours

>He doesn't rotate his RAM every 6 months or every 1,000 hours

why

You don't want the I/O streams to get clogged from imbalanced use, do you?

Systems utilize the different slots in different ways. This evens out the miniscule wear and tear.

If your ram is positioned vertically, it will pool on the lower side, and eventually leak out, called "ram leakage".

Turning them keeps the ram more or less in the middle of the stick.

This is retarded.

All modern computers support virtual memory, so they can do automatic wear leveling.

Why? RAM basically never fails outside of crib deaths.

Does this affect even RAM whose colour matches the DIMM slots? When I buy RAM, I always go for a matching colour to reduce I/O stream pooling/leakage.
This might seem overkill, but since I started doing it, together with rotational velocidensity prevention, my hardware lasted so much longer.

>ishygddt.jpg
>"why aren't you doing this?"

I'm getting mixed signals here

>mfw booting up for the first time after a fresh rotation

Just do both to be on the safe side.

is that some new forced meme that will die after today?

>He doesn't rotate his IMC every 12 months

only two slots in my laptop though :)

If you really want to get the most of your RAM you really have to Min/max those DIMM colours for max performance and reliability.

I'll give you some pointers, but I'm warning you, once you start optimising your DIMMs you'll never go back:
>Firstly I/O stream polling is myth created by Intel to sell their expensive SSRAM. However, leakege is absolutely real, and you should always make sure your memory modules never exceed the OEM's tolerances
>If the DIMM matches the slot colour, you get a performance boost, which is proportional to the square of the bus frequency (based on IEEE standards, if you still have old IBM standard DIMMs you should do some further reading to see what is the optimal config
>If the DIMM doesn't match the slot colour you get less performance, but also less electrolytic leakage, so if longevity is a priority, you should use all non matching DIMMs. However this doesn't hold true for older DIMMs made before the IEEE standardised DIMM colour meanings.
>Red DIMMs run faster, but also are much hotter, you can also go for purple as they have good performance without sacrificing power draw. Purple's are super rare though
>Blue has the lowest leakage. They have extra micro-capacitance to stop leakage to lower down DIMM. If you need long term stability then colour-misatched blues are the way to go
>Green is for low power low performance, pretty boring if you ask me. Good for places where electricity is expensive

There are more colours, but most others are pretty niche, also there's a bunch more rules on slot matching, but of I started writing about those this post would be way too long

>someone typed all this shit
That's a bit much work for a little trolin

Here's a (You) anyways

can you post the classic Sup Forums infographic about RAM colours?

>implying this is trolling
>implying RAM isn't srz bzns

My ram is soldered to the motherboard.

Rotate your motherboard, noob.

Because the slots electrically degrade when in use, you have to switch them around periodically to minimize the wear.

That's why it's better to use 2 slots of high capacity ram than 4 slots of lower ones.

And if you use all slots with high capacity ram, then you can afford a new motherboard every year.

This doesn't work though, because the chips on the SSD are hooked up parallel, that's why they have so many pins to connect to the board.

HDDs only have 1 big "pin", the read head.

This is why SSDs are so fast, it's like if you had 400 HDDs in RAID stripes.

10/10

or you know you could just downloadmoreram.com

> not using disposable RAM
haha kids these days

>not using disposable motherboards
Are you insane? You mean to tell me it's better to have the pins on the CPU too?

wait
is this "le Sup Forums trolling xD" or an actual thing?

> not using disposable computers
only peasants would use a computer more than once. next you're going to tell me you wear a piece of clothing more than once.

don't listen to these fags. I did it and got mustard gas

Sup Forums, /fit/, /biz/ and many more boards are 99% larpers and shitposting. Watched these imbeciles for years and they have no clue on anything

didn't know SSD works like that. thanks for the information.

Really activated my almonds...

First time hearing about this and I have had this computer sense 2009.

>he doesnt lease his computer internals

Its like you poorfags have never heard of negative gearing

>not having an auto-rotating ram.
get out of your fucking cave.

>your ram is at the borderline to malfunction
>it's barely holding it
>maybe a few hundred of hours of use
>you touch it
>instantly malfunction from now on
thanks Sup Forums

I just did this but it didn't fit in the other way. I sanded the bit of plastic off the motherboard (cheap Taiwanese mobos aren't probably even designed to last 1,000 hours) but now it won't boot. I emptied a whole can of compressed air inside so I'm pretty sure it's clean. Any ideas?

Rotating RAM only after 1000 hours? Aren't you scared of data livid it? That's why your boot up times get longer.
Take out your ram sticks, give them a good shake to clear the data bus pipes and put them back in. Voila!

Buy supermicro

>listening to Sup Forums
>ever

>he doesn't rotate his sata inputs every week

>he puts in over 1000 hours of pc time in 6 months

also why

That's just 41.66666666666667 days.

>1,000 hours is a lot in 6 months
>Works out to be approx. 8 hours per day, weekdays only

NEETs plz go

I-is there more of them?

>shiggynip.png
>is English

How come some motherboards freak out when all slots are populated?

Even though if you test the slots seperate and with every stick it just werk?

Sorry if my experience is wrong.

#PrayForPablo

you want even wear on your DDR lanes

The RAM gets filled up

>Went 6 months without rotating my CPU
>Go to try it the other day
>The pins hardly even fit anymore
>Worried the pins are burned in place
>Finally popped in to place

Don't wait guys, please rotate your CPUs

please keep your uninformed opinions to . SSD controllers can only address 2 chips at the same time. they basically function as a series of RAID0 disks.

when the chip counts go up though, the throughput goes down dramatically. this is why you see dramatically worse transfer speeds from larger capacity SSDs.

>in this thread: Sup Forums tries to create the pic related

>He doesn't flip his HDD over so it spins equally in both directions

>people still believe this shit

>dual intelligent processors

this

>he doesn't reformats his hard drive and reinstall windows each three months

>not using throwaways
Enjoy your RAMkit