/ungoogled-chromium/ thread

It's chromium - fast and it works. Now without botnetâ„¢!

github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium/blob/master/FAQ.md#can-i-install-extensions-from-the-chrome-webstore
searx.me
noscript.net/abe/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

please post the link on how to manually install addons, if you have it. thx
here's a cutie from the other day for your trouble.

github.com/Eloston/ungoogled-chromium/blob/master/FAQ.md#can-i-install-extensions-from-the-chrome-webstore

>cutie
those eyes gave me PTSD

For the lazy:

>A number of features or background services communicate with Google servers despite the absence of an associated Google account or compiled-in Google API keys. Furthermore, the normal build process for Chromium involves running Google's own high-level commands that invoke many scripts and utilities, some of which download and use pre-built binaries provided by Google. Even the final build output includes some pre-built binaries. Fortunately, the source code is available for everything.

dumb question but how do I make google the default search? other options just suck

>web store doesn't work
Give me a reasonable addon store that automatically updates addons

but addon stores are botnet

It still downloading BOTNET binary blobs...

You do know what a botnet is, don't you?

sure, i will install an OPTIMISED repack browser from a github user
try again later

Just use the original fork of Chromium if you want google search. Using google on ungoogled is redundant.

Add it manually. Kind of defeats the purpose of UNGOOGLED-chromium, but whatever.

For some reason some sites I visit with Chromium keep defaulting to Flash, even though I don't have it installed. After a quick F5 it switches to HTML5, but it's still pretty annoying. Gif related.
This happens on every Chromium build I've tried, ungoogled included. Any help?

rabb.it doesn't work for me
There's always so something with a browser that sends me back to chrome

Thanks. DDG just doesnt really work well in my language.

check out searx.me

>Implying it could be any better that Firefox with NoScript and HTTPS Everywhere

*than

It's certainly faster. Plus there's HTTPS Everywhere and uMatrix for Chromium too (uMatrix replacing NoScript)

install the latest firefox. it's the best balance between botnet and usability you'll ever find

I'd love to waste my sperm all over her face.

>uMatrix replacing NoScript
*laughing_animu_girls.tiff*
they dont even serve the same purpose, faggot

try startpage

What the FUCK is wrong with Chrome, and or Chromium and their inability to render Facebook correctly?

No scaling, 100% in Win10, and both browsers, all default settings.

Why does one look like such shit? Its not the only webpage either, but the most used.

I messed with ClearType in Windows, and Chrome's type settings as well. No change.
Another fix I saw was to disable DirectWrite, but its since been removed.

How is Google fucking up so hard?

>Win10
There is your problem.

Whats the difference between inox, iridium, and this?
Please no memes.
'optimization' or 'fingerprinting' are not memes, "LEL THATS FOR LOOOSEEEEERS" is a meme.

please answer me

They are all more or less the same thing.

Inox is the most barebones, just a patch set removing some Google stuff.

Iridium adds some stuff themselves.

And ungoogled chromium takes a bit more Google and tracking stuff away.

Choose whatever you like.
It doesn't really matter.

Firefox is still better

i upgraded to the superior waterfox

this

>Windows

Wewlad, installing Ungoogled Chromium as we speak.

except on my laptop running Windows 10 it doesnt have this issue with Facebook, but still has this issue on some other websites

Can't uMatrix block all outgoing connections from chromium? Isn't blocking behind-the-scene good enough? I would switch but compiling it for Fedora every update will be annoying.

Why is unggl chrome so fucking smooth and fast boys. I'm loving it!

>DISCLAIMER: Although it is the top priority to eliminate bugs and privacy-invading code, there will be those that slip by due to the fast-paced growth and evolution of the Chromium project.

don't use this joke. switch to non sjw forks of firefox naow.

I love Chromium but I have massive problems with webms. Some aren't playing at all, most don't play in loop or don't load even when I open them in a new tab. Tried different versions, any I could do?

Installing addons is a bitch!

What percentage of the people on Sup Forums that switched from normal Chrome / Firefox to something else did so literally only so they could post about it on Sup Forums and feel infosec? 90? 95%?

This will be the only browser you ever want

I liked the waterfox shill more

Get the userscript that lets you download the crx

>inb4 too much effort
this is Sup Forums you're on. if you think it's too much effort for what you get in return, this is not the browser for you.

yea and to use the script you need greasemonkey or some other addon.
Man GTFO!

thank you for repeating what I said

I have it installed. I only use it for when Chromium won't properly load a site for some reason (banking transactions mostly). It's slow as fuck.

Anything for autoupdating?

There's a binary for other Linux system which works on fedora.

Guess I will look for it again if it exists now. I still wonder if uMatrix is enough since it blocks behind-the-scene

How do you even get this to work?

When the will this be available on 14.04?

prove me wrong then
how does umatrix protects-you-against/avoids xss?
how do you enforce application boundaries with umatrix?
can you even clearclick/click-to-unblock with umatrix?

they do _not_ serve the same purpose, idiot

Yes to 1 and 3. I don't know what you mean by enforcing application boundaries.

also, does umatrix even support surrogate/replacement scripts?

just because you have a hammer doesnt mean everything is a nail

>yes to 1
what mechanisms are in place? or are you just saying that because you disallow/whitelist some scripts so you are safe?
>I don't know what you mean by enforcing application boundaries.
noscript.net/abe/

Other user here.
How do you add this to ungoogled-chromium? It mentions adding to Firefox but nothing for Chrome. Am I reading wrong or did I miss something?

>download
>install or extract
>install/fix missing dependencies (launch from terminal to see what is missing)
>run
Its just like trying to get SRWare Iron to run but fuck that shit after it wiped my profile. Good thing for back ups.

/thread

Couple of things: how can I delete a line quickly? I'm used to Ctrl+U but that opens the page source. Second, is there a quick and easy way to set the new tab page without an extension?

can i rice the interface or im still forced to use the default google UI

I tried startpage for a few days, but it just isn't as responsive.
When I'm already paying for lightning speed internet, I don't want to wait an extra 2 seconds every time I do a google search.

Fuck off weeb