Overpriced AYYYDell circlejerk

>soon
What can I expect? From most hardware sites, the build quality is topnotch.

this tread belongs to
please delete

Hmm the review sites that are sponsored by Dell hmmmm

No they're not!

>AYYYDell

It's called ayylmaoware, newfriend.

I wish the ayylium logo didn't look so retarded, those white strips on the side are kind of nice actually. They don't look very obnoxious.

you can expect a computer, that's what, but at what cost? more than you should.

i have an ayylmaoware 13r3. right now i think it's the best small laptop on the market- it's easy to open and upgrade- the oled 1440p panel blows away every other display on the market- the colors are literally unreal, and the gtx 1060 stays fairly cool.

beware though- the new pascal 15 and 17 have had cooling issues, so it's best to get one from the factory because the ones that shipped out during the first couple months can overheat quite easily unless you're willing to repaste.

alienware stuff really isnt bad

just buy it when on sale they reduce by $300 many a time

Neat, how do they compare to the retina 13 with touch bar's screen?

I paid $753 OTD for:

i7-6700(non-K unfortunately)
16gb RAM
1TB HDD
GTX970

It was on clearance.

it's not bad if you buy from the outlet store

I actually got it from BB.

$800 - 5% cashback(Bestbuy card) - tax exempt + free 2day shipping(no tax and an additional -$8 = $753.

I listed the specs above.

I could have gotten it for $5 cheaper but it was either EDU discount or tax exempt and I hate my state(commiefornia).

What?

You mean the 1070 has cooling issues?

I'll still to my Mac until Airlines perfect Wifi, trying to play Overwatch at 20k ft is pretty horrible. Like playing on 3G.

Nice. I got the maxed out Alpha for $680 (before tax) off the outlet store not too long ago. Has the 960, 16GB DDR4, quad core i7, 256GB m.2 SSD and a 1TB hard drive.

Alienware is not top notch, it's shit OEM hardware with a bunch of plastic and LEDs attached to it. I've worked on dozens of them and they're fucking retarded.

A green PCB using cheap caps the same as any other Dell in an obnoxious cheap case with annoying fucking everything for no reason. Cheaper than pretty much anything you can buy, and you lap it up just like that.

holy shit
the least they could do to fool even savvy consumers is to make the board a different color

I have pic related.

I love the case. You can't get anything like it in the market. Find me a fully modular micro atx case that has the proper ventilation that dell has.

Granted everything inside it is cheap but if you have money to spare or are willing to make upgrades over time then its not bad.

I got mine for 1350 cad and i have a 1070 and a i5 6400. sure i could have made it myself. everyone knows this. realistically, you are saving like 10%. Also you don't have on sight tech service.

>muh i dont need tech service cause im knowledgeable ha ha ha

yeah but not everyone is.

I plan to replace everything inside the tower even the mobo to a workstation micro atx board that has at least 3 pci expression slots. 2 for a nvidia quadro card, 1 for an nvme drive.

probably will get a xeno cpu and some sweet ecc memory which isn't that much more expensive than regular ram.

also anyone who is planning on getting the aurora, note that the psu is fucking garbage and has a low humming noise even at idle because the fan inside it still runs in idle for god knows why. you can replace it if it bothers you. get 850w in case you want to sli your system.

>paying more so commies dont get tax dollars
gave me a freedom boner, hated that place when i lived there

I'm only here until I retire, in 25 years...

Might want to post the pic.

I don't know people who own one seems to like it, also the fact that its green doesn't mean its shit. It just doesn't have a window and isn't designed to let people see into the case. I mean you guys seem to not care about internals when it comes to how Apple's internals looks a billion times better than a pc, but all of a sudden you care when it comes to a Windows PC v. Windows PC.

pic related as in pic in OP

That i5-6400 is still good, no need to replace. You might want to spend money on a monitor that can handle the 1070 though. Also don't bother water cooling the 1070.

Of course they like it because it's a fucking $3000 PC or whatever that manages to play games. They have to like it to justify the price.

The hardware inside always cut corners. Everything they don't advertise is always absolute bottom of the barrel. Buy one with 16gb RAM? You get 4x4gb sticks of 1333mhz DDR3 with green PCB and no heat spreaders or some other trash even when 1600mhz DDR3 was like $2 more, instead of 2x8gb with free slots.

There's nothing to justify the price and the only thing that's ever any good is the CPU and GPU, which obviously people will look for and notice. Doesn't mean you can overclock, upgrade or do anything useful with it. They use old stock hardrives and shit too so you don't even get the latest drives with high density platters that are faster.

And no, I think Apple hardware is fucking retarded too.

this fucking thread again