en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_version_history
theverge.com/2014/11/24/7274727/windows-10-nt-version-10
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

It was

>I actually thought it was pretty, alright
Ok, I agree

>I actually thought it was pretty alright
No

They thought they could kill the desktop, "innovation" for the sake of attempting to be progressive when nobody asked for or wanted it.

who is this semen demon?

I liked it too.
It was also much better on Tablets than Windows 10 is.
Windows 10's tablet mode makes using Windows normally a pain in the ass while the desktop mode makes it a pain in the ass to use it as a tablet, with the tablet applications being windowed and win32 applications, including explorer.exe, no longer automatically bringing up the keyboard.

Windows 8.1 made that transition seamless, it just werked.

I never click the start button, only retards do that. I use the windows key. I never click menu items in the start menu, I only type part of the name of the program I want after pressing the windows key, followed by enter, to launch it.
That's why 8.1 didn't make anything worse for me even on my desktop PC.

So it begins. Vista hate turned into Vista nostalgia and then Vista advocacy.

Few years from now people that rightfully dumped liquid shit on 8 will say it was great.

under rated

Windows 8/8.1 will always be bad except on tablets where it's godly.

I only use the start menu to search for stuff so it made no real difference to me

It is. Better version of 7 without all the bullshit from 10

I don't remember hating Vista, it was a modest update of XP

8 was a completely retarded attempt to destroy the conventional desktop, don't let anyone troll you in to thinking they believed anything else.

That aint vista.

Also a little secret: Windows 7 is basically just repackaged Vista with some things turned off by default and the post launch updates

>tfw I actually like Windows 8.1
Every time I try 10, I can't stand to use it for more than an hour tops. 7's cool too but simple things like decent multi monitor support such as having taskbars on other monitors or different wallpapers for each one, or being able to mount ISO files doesn't exist natively on 7.

I agree with all of you Windows 8.1 is great and it's really fast, the start menu is good by default and there is a better one with classicshell with the metro skin.

Idiot! If anything Win7 was a refurbished version of the final Vista. But Vista itself was horrible from the beginning and only got somewhat acceptable like 2 years after release. 8 was always shit. I don't know much about 8.1 and 9(kek) but as I first layed hand on 10 I wanted to smash the fucking computer against the wall, it is anethema to me.

hi

Windows 10 is also based on Vista. The last time there was a major change in Windows was between XP and Vista, and there have been no changes like that since then.

Most of the hate against Vista was from laptop users. It was more memory heavy than XP so it would run slow on toasters. If you had a gaming desktop you probably wouldn't notice anything wrong.

>The last time there was a major change in Windows was between XP and Vista
Do you know how wrong you are?

Yes. I know that I'm not wrong at all. Microsoft doesn't deny my claims, either.

W8.1 is comfy tier once you remove all the useless shit

>I know that I'm not wrong at all
So, start with the Win32 API re-work...

>Microsoft doesn't deny my claims, either.
[Citation needed]

If Vista is 6.0, why is Windows 10 6.4?

>why is Windows 10 6.4?
It's not...

msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms724832(v=vs.85).aspx

>not knowing what you're talking about
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10_version_history

See also with any basic google use:
theverge.com/2014/11/24/7274727/windows-10-nt-version-10

Did you even bother to read your own link?

10.0.9926 - January 23, 2015

Are you even trying?

My point still stands - 10 has been kicked to 10.x, and the Win32 API re-work, as well as kernel and HAL changes are a bigger shift from 8.1 than Vista was from XP.

Everything released after XP is better than XP.

EVERYTHING.

It was but they let it die way too fast

It's pretty good if you remove all microsoft installed bloatware and just use it as a launcher for what you actually use

It's still there, you just have to enable it

7 > 10 > 8
I'm happy I upgraded my Windows 8 laptop, but I miss Windows 7, truly the best of all time.