It legitimately makes me angry at how poorly this company is run

it legitimately makes me angry at how poorly this company is run

What are talking about? Microsoft has been great since Balmer left.

Poorly compare to?

just one example: the switch to project.json and the switch back to csproj for .NET core...

Maybe I should ask you how you define "great"?

pic unrelated

they made 2 of the worst acquisitions in history since balmer left

Are they dead? No.

Their stock price is higher than its ever been.

Yeah they seem so disconnected and unsure. I think the only good products they've been able to turn out is their hardware (surface pro, surface book, surface studio), but otherwise they're failing at everything.

A few years ago it was much worse.

Microsoft has never been good, just it used to be really terrible. Windows 10 is yet another failure, however it's pretty functional if you compare it to the days of early Vista/8/ME. It's just that they're giving people a system with an ancient kernel with many things that haven't been improved for generations and that's a real issue right now. We're not supposed to simplify shit, make a file manager that fits but fails to have half as many features as the current file manager for instance. But it's what they're trying to do.

All the telemetry, data gathering and such is becoming more and more pointless, they could make perfection right now and instead they put ads and awful things remain, like their font rendering engine. It's really silly. I can understand the anger, considering they're not going to be driven to improve anytime soon. It takes another giant to fuck them up.

But I'm looking at Apple for instance, and things aren't getting better either. Every year it gets actually worse. They release more and more stupid shit that people didn't ask for, however their arrogance remains. More people are slowly getting away from Apple, but selling 2 iPhones per second there's the same problem as Microsoft, they aren't going to change because money. They have a pretty nice OS that, at every release, is giving people more incentives to switch to Linux/Windows, and it's almost like they're doing it on purpose. They have a nice statue there, and every year they piss and shit on it to see if people give up on taking pictures of it.

The only reason these companies would improve or listen to their customers is if they're actually doing badly.

Steven Sinofsky was nothing but pure poison for the company.

>it legitimately makes me angry
>is run
It's RAN

Post yfw you realized that csproj files have support for * includes but the visual studio IDE does not expose a way to use them, so every included file is its own XML node. Makes merging a fucking blast, as in "blast myself in the head with a shotgun"

They stopped making phones after spending a few billion dollars on Nokia.

Pretty retarded senpai

>poorly run
>owns half of the fucking world and their power increases constantly

Microshit inc.

>with an ancient kernel

Does that even matter?

gates is "elite" he has no respect for anyone or anything - from ripping off MIT to his customers

The Surface Pro's have had BSOD and firmware issues since launch. I've had to rollback drivers for so much companies with Surfaces it's absurd people still buy M$ products.

Not me but Windows is basically the same since 95/98 days, it even keep some odd problems

>Not me but Windows is basically the same since 95/98 days

No it isn't.

>win+r
>run:
>shutuploser.exe

Windows and the NT kernel have tons of problems, but it is not the same kernel that Windows 98 used.

They went full botnet and SaS after balmer left