Virtual Machine noob thread

ey Sup Forums

Does it make more sense to:
run win7 native for gaming, install VM with fedora for everything that is not gaming
or
run fedora native, install vm running win7 for gaming

who, demon etc

this is a blue board, retard. delete this thread while you still can.

also, jlaw is a libtard.

jennifer anniston

The first option makes the most sense. You won't be gaming in a VM, since the graphical card VMs provide to the guest OS is a virtual, software-emulated one, not the one you actually have in your machine, and thus any sort of 3D performance will be horrendous.

ty kind friend
that is what i assumed but was not positive

You haven't used QEMU+KVM, have you?

You can keep a fully-featured Fedora desktop within 16GB of your hard drive; just make a partition for it and dual-boot.

Yet, he's wrong. Just make sure to use KVM for visualizing Windows

this. RIP OP

Passthrough with KVM, don't listen to this retard.

holy shit? is that a shop? source?

Buy a second hard drive and install linux onto it.

oh no my boss saw this pic while looking at my monitor and now I'm unemployed how could you op

Jennifer Garner

Did you really miss the fappening?

fappening?

Newfag GTFO.

You are absolutely retarded. I'm running Arch Linux as my OS and Passthrough my GPU to a Windows VM with QEMU+KVM

Wouldn't freeing up resources by running only Windows while gaming be a good idea regardless?

not gayming is a better idea

ha?

Either newfag or underage. Either way.

It depends on what you're trying to run and what hardware you're using. If resources are constrained, maybe.

>run fedora native, install vm running win7 for gaming
this

I have Yosemite on my virtual box but it keeps shitting itself,it's slow and the mouse drags a lot. I allocated 4gb RAM and 128mb GPU, the max it let's me allocate,and 4 CPU cores. It's still shit, what am I missing?

You must be 18 to post in Laotian Kayaking forum

>tripfag running to call someone a newfag
the attention seeking never ceases to amaze me

macOS runs like poop in a vm, install it for real

boobs don't have to be sexual

>Freeing up resources
I run 400MB of ram while working on linux. 8GB is for my Windows. Again, learn to computer.

its the girl from hunger games, forgot her name

>buying a Sup Forums pass
The only reason you don't use a trip is because you know nobody gives a shit about you.

So it's not hardware related? I need OSX for Sketch but no way in hell I'm getting a mac

Perhaps i sounded like a child. 400MB of RAM is in USE by Linux when i'm working on documents and crap. Then when i flip on my VM it shoots to 8.45GB usage because its giving that RAM to the VM. No performance loss on either machine.

no, it doesn't have full hardware acceleration in a vm
you'll notice things like the transparency effects aren't enabled for most things, and where they are (launchpad, opening a folder from the dock, just to name a couple) is extremely slow
it runs perfectly on actual hardware though, posting from a hackintosh

>nobody gives a shit about you irl so you have to tripfag on an user imageboard to feel any sense of belonging

nobody gives a shit about anyone here m8