Lineage OS

great news.

lineageos.org/Update-and-Build-Prep/

>it’s nearly ‘go time’ for builds to start flowing. Before everyone gets excited and rushes to download, we want to cover a few important points.

>Our release cadence will be ‘weekly’ by default (to be nice to all the donated hardware).
>We will NOT be shipping root baked into the ROM. Root will be a downloadable zip based install similar to gapps installation (only need to flash it once).
>Our official builds will all be signed with a private key for authentication and signature permission control. This will not break, prevent or stop any ‘unofficial’ builds.

>Alongside the ‘weekly’ release for your supported device, we’ll provide an EXPERIMENTAL data migration build. This build will allow you to ‘upgrade’ from CM to the signed LineageOS weekly.
>This build will be watermarked with an ugly banner to ensure that you don’t permanently run this EXPERIMENTAL release, and upgrade to a normal weekly after.

>our Download Portal, Install stats page and Wiki are all live. Notably, all three of these sites are open sourced

>Look for builds to start rolling out this weekend!

nice

Bug you tell me :^)

been using unofficial builds on my 4 year old s3 and it's fastest android yet

I had cyanogenmod on an old nexus 4 for like a day but never really messed with it too much. Does anybody run a completely ungoogled phone?

Yes.

I compile lineage myself (previously cyanogenmod) and only use free as in freedom apps.

>Home builders that want to bake su back into the ROM can use the command ‘export WITH_SU=true’ prior to building.
Nothing changes then, great.

>export WITH_SU=true
>1817 targets for the rebuild (repo sync)
I feel like this new build system hates me.

I mean there was NO repo sync.

Is CM slower than AOSP?

CM is very close to AOSP, so it will likely not differ much.

What is it like?

Yes, I use OmniROM though

Are there any nonfree apps or libraries you have to remove that would be in the official builds?

It basically is CM14.1 with more up to date binary blobs and Android security patch version january 2017.

There are still some nonfree components: the google botnet embedded in the Gello browser and the first install configuration wizard.
Also there are the usual binary blobs from qualcom and oneplus, that you can't remove anyway because shit would not work anymore.
Like I said it is just like CM14.1, no cosmetic differences and some minor changes under the hood.

More control over all apps
No background data use you can't turn off
No battery drain you can't turn off
No unremovable apps doing who knows what with access to everything on the device
Lots of free apps for all kinds of purposes in F-Droid

>They are still gonna call it LineageOS 14.1
WHAT IS WRONG WITH FOLLOWING THE GOOGLE NAMING SHEME, just call it LineageOS 7.1

Divide by 2.

N is the 14th letter of the alphabet.

You can always uninstall Gello browser later.

They are going to open today right? I need thi so much.

Or don't include it in the build.
But that's not what the other user asked, Gello is the default browser in cm/lineage.