Who's the most cruel businessman of the tech world?

Who's the most cruel businessman of the tech world?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dummy_corporation#Compass_East_Corporation
ecis.eu/documents/Finalversion_Consumerchoicepaper.pdf
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bollea_v._Gawker
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

wtf this makes me want to shove him into an oven

Fake news? Post a link, strait male

oh yeah!?!? well at least I'm not a WHITE male

it is true that he sues the owners of the land but the reality is that this is the only way to get in contact will all the owners since in hawaii you can inherit shares of ownership of land and plenty of people dont really know they have stakes in that piece of land he wants to buy off

tl;dr; its more complicated than the clickbate leads on to belive

There have been some misleading stories going around today about our plans in Hawaii, so I want to clear this up …The land is made up of a few properties. In each case, we worked with the majority owners of each property and reached a deal they thought was fair and wanted to make on their own.

As with most transactions, the majority owners have the right to sell their land if they want, but we need to make sure smaller partial owners get paid for their fair share too.

In Hawaii, this is where it gets more complicated. As part of Hawaiian history, in the mid-1800s, small parcels were granted to families, which after generations might now be split among hundreds of descendants. There aren’t always clear records, and in many cases descendants who own 1/4% or 1% of a property don’t even know they are entitled to anything.

To find all these partial owners so we can pay them their fair share, we filed what is called a “quiet title” action. For most of these folks, they will now receive money for something they never even knew they had. No one will be forced off the land.

We are working with a professor of native Hawaiian studies and long time member of this community, who is participating in this quiet title process with us. It is important to us that we respect Hawaiian history and traditions.

These handed-down ancestral "deeds" are always such a pain in the ass. I should know, fucking mapuches and their bullshit

Lol what a fucking bad PR move. He should have sued them through multiple proxies and then buy that land through proxies. Aggregate and merge in the last step.

See:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dummy_corporation#Compass_East_Corporation

fuck with the zuck and get cucked

|
|>
|

This thread is Reddit tier misinformation

and what if those people with small stakes don't want to sell?
fucking kike

certainly it he

Oh come on
|
|>
|
|
Here

>damage control in full effect
no one beleives your land stealing lies.

The most cruel businessman of the tech world is dead now. His name was Steve Jobs.

Does that name sound familiar? He was one of the founders of a company called Apple, which is a Tech Company that released a number of computers and later the iPhone. They did a lot of really cruel things like making their phone have a different charger than other phones. I'm 12 by the way.

This. More like Crapple

Yet another kike trying to steal land? Color me surprised.

Don't let his nerdy look fool you. He was a raging psychopath behind the curtains.

This. I'm surprised Billy was only mentioned just now.

Nigga was THE businessman back in his time. He was such a hardass. What he is now is nothing more than a shell of his former self.

Proof?

>rich, intelligent, white men displacing filthy native scum
Been happening for millennia

>crucial
>businessman
Nice try.

IM SUING YOU FOR YOUR OWN GOOD

TRUST ME

>Who's the most cruel businessman of the tech world?
Peter Thiel. He literally thinks automated work robots are inherently anti-capitalistic and thus any AI research is inherently immoral. He's the embodiment of the libertarian sunglasses meme.

Nigger

Thinking something is not cruel.

ecis.eu/documents/Finalversion_Consumerchoicepaper.pdf

You don't get to be the richest man in the world by being a nice guy.

I'm thinking about murdering you and raping your sister and then murdering her as well, is that not cruel?

Anyway, he also has gorrillean dollars he use on various stuff such as getting Gawker shut down over some bullshit lawsuit, getting Trump elected by spending millions on Trump campaign and also he has partaken in multiple hostile takeovers.

sorry bout dat

He's right. Transhumanist delusionists need to take their AI Rand fantasyland to Mars

My god this man needs his own national holiday.

Gawker fucked themselves over tho

so the man who destroyed privacy now wants some

>a society of abundance where all work is automated and former workers can now live free lives and money in terms of income is no longer a necessity
>bad because it doesn't suits Thiel's anarcho-capitalistic dream where you rely on poor people aka the servant caste being enslaved by crippling debt and low wages so you can live like a god with all your money

>post story about Thiel being a degenerate homo
>like any responsible newssite with journalistic integrity would do because we need to identify and single out degenerates in our society
>get sued because Hulk Hogan porked someone he shouldn't and got caught in the act and got blackmailed because of it and gawker got hold of that tape

Utopia is a fantasy

You have no idea of the unintended complication and consequences of the scenario you laid out.

>man
More like an (((echo))) of a man, if you catch my drift.

Do you think it's a coincidence that he rediscovered his jewish faith at the same time he stopped donating money, wants to take FB even further and wants privacy?

>You have no idea of the unintended complication and consequences
This can be said about every single potential scenario, and hell even for doing nothing.

Besides, there are some historic examples of a work free society working out perfectly for the the people, just take every civilization that ever had slaves and replaces human slaves with robots.

All they had to do was take down the link.
They would still be here. They did this to themselves.

He's right, you know...

They don't have any say in the matter due to majority owners being the ones that legally decide. Zuck is doing this so the sellers don't Jew anyone. Ironic, I know.

>I'm afraid of the consequences of an inevitable development of technology and the unknown social reform that potentially comes with it
>therefore we should make rules and regulations and use our money to try to stop it

Fucking luddite

Don't pretend the future is going to be all sunshine and puppy dogs if we only just have ai robots. It's insulting and disingenuous.

Yeah he was ruthless, he's doing lots of good things now though and I respect him even more for it.

>being threatened to comply
>"they did this to themselves"

I discovered the cuck.

>don't work
>get free money
Do you unironically believe that?

>h-h-he's feeding children in Africa!

Rapid development leads to sociatial chaos.
See: China and Russia. Hundreds of millions dead.
Ignoramus

Except he's right

Im not sure you know what that word means. They cucked themselves by not following the law on this. Did the exact opposite of what was in their own best interest.

I remember reading an article by an old Amazon VP about how his management style is just to mercilessly exploit his workers until they burn out and then bring in fresh ones.

Surely you can point out actual issues with it beyond IT SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE FOR ME.

Tons of people already get free money for work without creating value. Might as well skip the "pointless work" part and give them the money right away, in best case scenario, they will use the time for something of value, in worst case nothing changes for them.

>get free money
Who said anything about free money?

We don't need money, that's the whole fucking point and that's what Thiel is unironically being afraid of (because what scares a billionaire more than all his money not being worth shit?)

>Rapid development leads to sociatial chaos.
Yes, but most often for the better. See the invention of the steam-powered engine, which I thought was pretty obvious with the luddite reference...

>See: China and Russia. Hundreds of millions dead.
That's not because of development, that's because of delusional leaders with absolute power. Mao marching millions of people out in the desert in order to try to grow crops where there is nothing but sand has nothing to do with technological progress. Stalin prosecuting thousands of people based on whims and forcefully relocating people because of ideology has also nothing to do with development of technology.

Shovel him into an oven after preheated to 400 and let sit for 1 hour

>law
Lawsuits are not law, user. There's a reason why it was a lawsuit, and not a regular prosecution which is what happens when you, you know, actually break the law.

Anyone can sue anyone, and it just so happens that this is a very effective technique to get your will because people can't afford the legal costs of a lawsuit in itself.

Remember that Gawker didn't lose the lawsuit, they simply couldn't afford it anymore and decided on a settlement.

>mercilessly exploit his workers until they burn out and then bring in fresh ones.
Hello Steve Jobs and his "90 hrs a week and loving it"

Hello Intel and their ageism scandal

Surely you can point out some drawbacks besides ITS LITERALLY A PERFECT SYSTEM

Larry Ellison for sure

Legal order to take down the video BEFORE they got sued.

>"there are some issues with it"
>"yeah like what?"
>"nice try, YOU have to point them out to me"

Not that guy, but what the hell are you smoking?

You have to go back to Yes. I know the merchant meme is funny, but you still have to go back.

Are you delusional? They literally lost the lawsuit, the jury ruled against them. They didn't settle.

You also don't need to be a "psychopath"

>"cease or desist" aka threat of lawsuit
>legal order

Just no. Any lawyer can send anyone a cease or desist, it's not a legal order.

Are you a literal jew or something? You can't just bully people into what you want and then call it legal and law.

>jury
What? There is no jury in a lawsuit, retard.

And also, no, they didn't lose. They settled.

But there are none, this doesn't mean it's a perfect system, that's impossible, it's simply better than what we have now.

The only possible drawbacks would be the transition (Luddites would probably start demonstrations about losing their shitty 60h a week job instead of getting free money and free time) and the possibility of monopolization by some company, which aren't the issues with the system.

Though shouldn't you name the drawbacks since you're so worried about them, Mr Thiel?

A judge ordered them to take it down.

Gawker is literally Jewish Marxist propaganda you literal retard

Get used to it. In the not too distant future, the 1% will own 80% of the land.

Oh my god you are the dumbest most ignorant person I have read on this site yet

Civil cases are almost never jury trials, most countries besides Canada and the US don't even have a concept of jurys for civil law, only for criminal law.

So it's literally a perfect concept that you can't come up with any drawbacks to?

That Theranos women

Why was it decided by a jury, then?

How do you remember to breathe?

>woman

What did you expect from one of his (((kind)))

>Why was it decided by a jury, then?
It wasn't tho?? Is this a new meme?

"Perfect" is a word suboptimal for human ideas and concepts. It's definitely the very best idea we have available considering the alternatives, at least when the goal is best possible life for the majority of humanity. If you get off of telling underpaid slaves what to do, it certainly got its weaknesses.

You still haven't noted the drawbacks by the way. Hopefully you have something better in mind than sci fi shit of robot revolution.

>Gawker is literally Jewish Marxist propaganda
You don't know what the word literally means.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bollea_v._Gawker

Im being trolled, correct?

Ellison wanted to build/sell an ID database to the government for every burger

>People ITT are literally defending that people should be paid money to do work a robot could do better than them

When the fuck did this become Sup Forums communism? Inefficient workers get replaced by more efficient workers, this leads to a desire to become an efficient worker and/or work with something else. This is capitalism at its finest, why are you mongos against this?

>He called his financial support of Bollea's case "one of my greater philanthropic things that I've done."

lol, that fucking alt-right delusional meme-tard. Literally suing over a wrestler's sex tape is the best philanthropic thing he has done?

I don't have to note the drawbacks of anything. This whole discussion is hyperbolic, you can't make a serious point of anything without resorting to strawmen and memes. It's just mental masturbation for you in your imaginary fight against "conservative" thinkers.
"Ooohhh, I'll show this stranger on the internet I'm so smart and progressive thinking."
No, not really. Quite the opposite, really.

Oh, this is much, much more than just some sex tapes. Gawker did this to themselves, and has no one else to blame.

>I don't have to note the drawbacks of anything.
So you admit you're just shitposting then?

>Imma conservative thinker
lol, you're not a thinker of any kind. You're just being anti-capitalistic because that's what all your edgy alt-right internet friends pretend to be.

>I don't have to note the drawbacks of anything.
So your entire point is WAAH, I DON'T LIKE PROGRESS BECAUSE IT'S SOMETHING NEW.

That not being a conservative thinker or any kind of thinker. Just a shitposter, user.

>did this to themselves
Gawker would have won easily if Thiel didn't put in literally millions into the case because he was butthurt about the whole being rammed from behind thing.

Nah m8, you're an edgy tard who has everything figured out, and can't even think out of the box. Your debating Thiel, not me, that's the conservative figure I may have been referring to.
So you really can't imagine one scenario where your little robot fantasy world might be a problem? I don't really have to debate anything, this is just you wanting to give a speech and win an argument. It's not an honest discussion.

Oy vey, mister Goldstein!
It's getting hot in here!

I'm not the thinker, Thiel is. He is the one you should be debating. He is the one you have a problem with.

My point is everything has unintended consequences.

You have not acknowledged this at all. Your little robot world must be perfect. This is automatically suspect.

They literally had millions of their own.

Time to rev up those gas chambers.

Working hard is now considered abuse by millennials.

You're failing yet again to point out exactly what you think is bad, and you're blaming us for being dishonest and use fallacious reasoning without even pointing out some actual concrete issues.

I'm not interested in starting a debate with myself, you are supposed to offer counterviews and point out potential issues.

We have already addressed Thiel's position on this, and it is based on ideology and a fallacious belief in himself being some sort of Ayn Randian superhuman with inherent superiority to other people.

>They literally had millions of their own.
You know extremely well that Thiel just poured money onto this and had greedy jewish goblins come and corrupt and taint the court like the disease infesting vermin they are.

>He is the one you should be debating.
His point isn't dissimilar to yours. There is nothing to debate if the counter argument is "I don't like it :(("

>My point is everything has unintended consequences.
This applies to going on as we have now, only that there are very clear downsides with that and few positives. The alternative is taking a bridge that we're know is already collapsing and having most people fall to their deaths before it even collapses, or taking another bridge that at least appears stable. It's impossible to tell for sure where either will end.

>My point is everything has unintended consequences.
Why is this an argument to artificially avoid progress? Let things run their natural course, it is unethical to interfere.

Probably the Oracle guy.

reported

reporting myself for saying it