Hey Sup Forums

Hey Sup Forums.
Im joining a cyber security course in the following few months.
They will be learning, networking, C++, java and more. How should I begin my head start

Other urls found in this thread:

cybrary.it/
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Netsec_general
tp.edu.sg/schools/iit/cyber-and-digital-security
reddit.com/r/netsec/wiki/start
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Learn networking, C++, Java and more.

I laughed

/thread

cybrary.it/

but more importantly
wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Netsec_general

Does it help I'm (OP) a girl?

I've gone on hiatus with technology for 2 year due to busy work and am clueless about the latest technology and updates. I'm stuck with the 2013 mindset with technology.

Any help?

2015*

She has no incisors.

yeah smartass *rolls eyes* now help me with tech cuz I know u r smart enough

Girl [Male] (Male)

Not much has changed moores law is stagnating, and there's been no real innovations.
On the netsec front. Shits still vulnerable as ever, some exploit classes are slowing disapearing due to memory bounds protections in new x86-64 CPUs, but that will take a decade before it really matters.

>not much has changed
thats so depressing, I'm glad I've left the scene then

is the trump leak considered an innovation?

I feel like when Steve died so did tech scene

(OP)

are you a moderator

I honestly can't tell if this bait.

do I sound stupid? I told you I was off the scene for 2 years

Depends on which specific course though.
SQL Basics, SQL Injection, Python 2, C, Java, Cryptography etc. will all be useful.
这跟男女没关系。

Diploma in Cyber & Digital Security

tp.edu.sg/schools/iit/cyber-and-digital-security

>zhe gen blah blah
I'm trying to get more attention

What do you already know? Do you have any experience in programming?

just a teeny bt with python and ray

I'm good at math if it helps

I am passionate about technology but I'm skillless

>girl
wordpress then will be

what do u mean?

ruby* not ray

Math is optional course AFAIK. Be warned both further and higher maths will affect your GPA one.

I dun think they will use ruby leh. Better off having basics with SQL(mySQL, Microsoft SQL etc), C, python etc.
You will almost certainly use Kali Linux, so go play with it in a VM.

Lighter stuff would be to use basic features on Windows server (server manager, IPSec involving tools like group policy and local security policy) and powershell basics, so good to try them first.

Basic networking commands on windows such as netsh, arp also quite important one

If your laptop cmi one good idea to just get one from the school, they are discounted and are good enough for VMWare Workstation which are frequently used. (They use VMWare so they can password VMs meant for assignments so you cannot connect the vdisk onto another VM and cheat)

I dun think the courses you are taking will be very up to date, you are likely still stuck with Python 2.7 and Server 2008 era stuff.

Learn the concept of object orientation and you'll begin a month or two ahead of 99% of your classmates

thanks, I want to be the top student :) honestly if what u say is true ILYSM

>math
I hope more math come out cuz I'm used to math

>Sql
will do my research

>phython
will learn more in depth

>linux
I think this shouldn't be a problem

>nets, arp
will do research

>laptop
I use MacBook Air cuz of aesthetics and lightness but guess I no choice must go buy gaming laptop hair poor wallet

>cheat
what?! can cheat in exam?!

>not up to date
fml I heard TP the IT very lousy, which school the IT best? SP? I lazy go other poly damn far away, haha my final goal is NUS Computer Science / Business Analytics

thanks for the reply btw dewd

wah sian if course not up to date I think I wan switch course le

isn't gentoo a dumb meme

Your Macbook Air if have more RAM de shld be can one. Also confirm plus chop use VMWare( and other stuff that need windows), so you need to install Windows oso. Otherwise buy one lor, but cheapest still S$1000+ iirc.
From certain sources I knew SP have very few teachers(instructors) for certifications like ThinkSECURE's OSWA.
For cheating you might be able to cheat and reverse engineer a problem for an assignment if the VM is not passworded, so they use VMWare to prevent that from happening. For tests they usually use respondus lockdown browser so hard to cheat also, not to say get caught 就 gg liao.

This course is not for you to learn in-depth general programming or the cutting edge stuff like IoT, even though you might encounter projects involving Rasp Pis and stuff(that are likely not graded). Bulk of it are the old-but-relevant stuff. There are assignments which uses as old as Windows Server 2003 VMs, but the concept should still be there one.

IMO, people should learn at least a bit about operating systems, compilers and linkers, programming concepts, etc.. THEN, learn about security

anyway, here there are a shitload of resources:
reddit.com/r/netsec/wiki/start

huh walau, how to become expert then? I wan be top notch hei ke...I know, aiming high, but gotta shoot for the moon to land on the stars wad

is it must enter NUS computing de?

I know about that shit in general, not in depth

I tot rasp pi is kinda basic? I mean I was linux-ing 3 year ago so this should be a piece of cake for me

what the fuck

NTU oso have some computing courses like CS, but easier to get in. They also say NTU CS grads earn slightly less but higher rate of employment than NUS CS grads since they work for less even though the degree difficulty same or sth. Overseas though NUS more recognised.
From what I know the activity involves tutoring secondary school students to create IoT toys, so something more like CIP ba. Not curriculum stuff de.

btw if dun mind me asking what qualification is required to be a Sup Forums mod

>inb4 DA DAN!

eeyer so easy....hehehehe as long as I got my gpa IDGAF desu

From what I know they like to rotate easy and hard topics each sem and sometime kena 2 sem hard topics GPA could suffer de, so still need to work hard. oso group project very important so good idea to make friends with the smarter ppl.

here comes the hard qn, how to ask ppl their gap / judge their smartness

Look at their test results lor, I dun think got any other way lmao

I can't afford to f up GPA;_;

Work hard, join less CCA, liddat lor. Oso holidays usually are time for Certification tests like OSWA, so little breaks in between. Choosing maths could be a burden one, just saying. Some ppl very good at course but screw up maths in the end result not so good. AFAIK the topics(for higher maths) are along the lines of differentiation/integration, polynomials, functions, inequalities etc.

I am JC dropout, so math should b okay for me. whats ur contact ugh, if u don't mind asking, I wan ask u more qns

I dun have phone leh(parents dun allow). Maybe discuss at HWZ?

whoa u no phone how u survive this is 2017 Singapore bro. hwz I no acc brb create one

my acc name will be created as 'victoriaxr' contact me tar afternoon onwards ty :)

tmr* not tar

ok, but i think you mean today afternoon since it is past 12

paiseh, go to sleep la

You sound VERY stupid.