Libreboot

hey i wanna know more about libreboot.. why they left FSF and GNU?

and is the libreboot X200 good?

Other urls found in this thread:

libreboot.org/docs/hcl/index.html#supported_list
hardenedlinux.org/firmware/2016/11/17/neutralize_ME_firmware_on_sandybridge_and_ivybridge.html
github.com/corna/me_cleaner
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>why they left FSF and GNU?
Someone was severely buttflustered over something. What's new.
>libreboot X200 good?
You means those prebuilds they sell? They're expensive as heck.

Some SJW bitch got triggered by an FSF person and threw her toys out of the pram, so she pulled libreboot.

libreboot user here.

the reason that libreboot left the FSF is because libreboot is one person (despite there being many developers).
Leah Rowe (previously named Francis Rowe) was angry on behalf of a trans person who got fired by the FSF.
that person has not posted publicly anywhere what happened, but it is assumed that she was fired for legitimate reasons.

Leah seems unstable.

Now about the software.

I have a libreboot x200, and run Trisquel on it, it's great. boots fast, and can keep up with most tasks.
Don't expect a 2008 machine to be as good as a brand new one. but if you can get an X200 for

A special trans snowflake accused the fsf or ignoring harassment and were not being ((progressive)) enough. Also got super triggered when stallman used the words Emacs-virgin, so libreboot maintainer throws a tantrum and tried to ruin it for everyone.

Is it worth it to get an X200 and flash the BIOS to libreboot instead of getting an X220?

Might be a really dumb question but libreboot works with almost any linux distro? Like arch? And do I keep my normal GRUB or do I have to use something else?

Okay, did a little bit of research and answer my own question now: (Almost) any linux distro, very few exceptions. Arch wouldn't be the best idea because it kind of breaks the concept of an overall free software environment. Should use maybe devuan or gentoo. GRUB is the standard for libreboot.

Correct any mistakes.

>using unstable trannyware

>using a completely free system

>Arch kind of breaks the concept of an overall free software environment
Parabola GNU/Linux-libre to the rescue!

can't we just "rebrand" the libreboot just like debian did with iceweasel? something like "gnuboot"? and putting someone who isn't unstable as arch to development?

>only supported on a select few hardware from ancient lost civilizations

Good luck flashing it to any modern machine.

Yes, but you can install coreboot and remove ME partition on 220 too, in theory.

c201

>install coreboot AND remove ME partition
So I have to do two things?

You can do them in a row. Compile coreboot image without ME and then flash the eeprom.

Okay, I have to do more research but I think I will go the coreboot (without ME) -> SeaBIOS -> Parabola way.

Can I use Libreboot on my X220? Or is the hardware not supported

not supported

libreboot.org/docs/hcl/index.html#supported_list

fucking newfags
hardenedlinux.org/firmware/2016/11/17/neutralize_ME_firmware_on_sandybridge_and_ivybridge.html
github.com/corna/me_cleaner

>Panther Point Ivy Bridge 8.x 1.5/5 MB WORKS WORKS WORKS

>unstable tranny
Redundancy

what is this keming

Do not buy from the massively overpriced "minifree".

>and is the libreboot X200 good?
You can literally get a 2008 macbook with better specs to put Linux on for far less. Even with an SSD and RAM upgrade it would be far less expensive than the Libreboot X200

>she