Why do people hate on pre-paid phones?

not talking about the devices, because you can put whatever phone you want on straight talk

but my brother in law said i was "afraid of commitment" because i cancelled my verizon contract and went to straight talk

pic related, it's what i use

Because being on a prepaid plan makes you share service with poors or something

i've seen poors use contract plans with verizon, they use flip phones

bump

Yeah but they pay $80 a month for it senpai. Clearly they're making a good decision.

It has a stigma because of the tracphone era of prepaid. Modern prepaid is no different than a regular phone service.

I'm doing prepaid because it's a better deal. More data and minutes than a medium or higher-ups plan that I can stretch out over several months and then only pay a monthly connection fee. Don't care what other people think about something they won't know about unless I tell them.

Using Tracfone now. It can go on any unlocked phone. Paying $7/mo. Getting 60 minutes per month (more than enough for me), 1 GB for $10. Mostly use Wi-Fi so no problem on data. 1000 text for $5 (or uses 1 entire minute per text, harsh but I use Signal messenger anyways). Everything rolled over.
Everything is refillable as needed, of course.

Just isn't even remotely true MVNO get de-prioritized automatically.

Only criminals use pre-paid

i bought a oneplus 2 phone and use giffgaff (o2 network) with it for £7.50 a month (unlimited texts 250mins, 500mb). i don't like contracts

only cucks are dumb enough to buy the contract jew

why pay 80 a month for a flip phone when i can pay 45 a month for a smartphone?

Bump

Because you get a lot worse deals here. It's no problem going on plan, doesn't' mean you have to cuck yourselves into some overpriced commitment. I just use voip calling/texting services over lte and would hop carriers whenever there was a better deal. 3GB for 15 maple ones a year is a lot better than what conscripted cucks and prepaid nigs get

Are there any pre paid phones that you can add minutes to? Im tired of paying the monthly bill and i really dont need a phone. Just for emergencies and what not.

straight talk, you can add minutes up to 1 year in advance

I am good until march 11th for example

if you want a phone for emergencies, they have a $25-30 buck flip phone plan which is just that, a phone number, i wouldn't recommend buying a smartphone if you just want a secondary phone number for emergencies

>implying a criminal that wants a burner phone would buy a $200 smartphone

lol, you're an idiot

burner phones are one-time-use flip phones or those free numbers that google gives out

lol they obviously buy expensive ones in order not to draw any attention to them

I've been on the T-Mobile $30/Month pre-paid plan for almost 4 years now. 5GB of LTE data and 100 minutes of talk time. Literally all I need.

prepaid != mvno

I, personally, refuse to pay nearly the same money for shit service.

When you use a prepaid service, if you check the carrier's coverage map you'll find that prepaid and postpaid have two different maps, and what's worse is that if there's heavy network congestion the traffic will always be prioritized in favor of the postpaid users.

With most carriers having postpaid options that don't lock you into an actual contract, you're better off paying a few extra bucks for superior service.

And specifically speaking of straight talk, you're basically getting the most shitty service from every carrier they have a deal with that your phone will connect to, and if you check rankings they're almost always at the bottom of any list as one of the worst carriers in the U.S.

I'm on a $40 unlimited everything with T-Mobile. Granted, you need 4 people to get that deal, but it wasn't hard to convince my fiancée, my stepfather and my mother all to switch with me away from their $60 plans with Sprint. Plus T-Mobile paid all early termination fees and if you bring four or more lines from another carrier they give you a $600 bill credit so none of us will even have a bill for nearly 4 months. More carriers need to do the "all in" thing T-Mobile is doing where the monthly fee is a flat fee. My $40/month is after all taxes and regulatory fees and shit

Your brother in law is an idiot.

Makes you look poor to retards who have never questioned the value of their cellular service

-t.moblie prepaid user

I'm on the same plan. I never talk on the phone more than an hour a month anyway. I use like 25gb of data with music freedom and bingeon.

This plan is an insane deal if you're not a woman or a middle aged man who still makes telephone calls.

Everyone's situation is different. Typically mvno's don't roam but prepaid services administered directly by carriers usually have most if not all of the roaming that postpaid does. In my case I have Verizon prepaid on their recently retired $45 per month plan. I get 2GBs of data per month plus 1 bonus GB because of autopay. In total I get unlimited text/talk, 3GB of data, unthrottled speed, mobile hot spot, bridge data, and safety data all for $45+75cents for E911 fees. My phone is a year-old flagship Motorola that I bought refurbed for $200. Comparitively, Verizon's cheapest postpaid plan offers 2GBs for $35+$20 "line access fee" per device, so a total of $55 per month but I would be getting one less GB of data per month. However I would gain rollover data.

But like I said the prepaid $45 plan is retired. It was replaced with $50 plan that has 5GBs of data, all the same features of the old plan, plus it has rollover data. This plan completely blows the $35 postpaid plan out of the water, and also beats the $50 postpaid plan which is $70 per month after the line access fee but has only 4GBs of data.

I also walk into the same stores as postpaid users and I get the same level of help/service. In fact I had the Verizon store near me set me up in the first place and port my number from tracfone even though I could have done it online, just because. The only issue I've had was one day being depriorotized in the city where I work because there was a fuck-ton of people there for a Trump rally but manually toggeling my phone to 3G was all it took to be able to surf the web again and deal with emails because there's a hell of a lot less traffic on 3G. Never had issue in rural areas, which is where I live.

Postpaid is really only good if you can't or won't pay full price for a phone up front. They're probably also a better deal for family plans

>tl;dr: always do your research and be honest about your needs

Boost Mobile 50-60 bucks a month, unlimited data, i've hotspotted hundreds of gigs a month, some user on here turned me onto it

My prepaid plan is great

I pay something around 15 bux a month for data + talk + text

I never really worry about running out or minutes or data tbqh

I'm on the old Wind $35 prepaid with "unlimited"(read:5GB then throttle) data, talk and text. It no longer exists, so if I wanted to switch and/or go post-paid, I'd lose at least 2-3GB of data.
Someone get me off this ride. Why is Canada the worst country to own a phone in?

AT&T doesn't differentiate, especially since they own Cricket as well. Their GoPhone service gets like 50Mbps down in the middle of nowhere.

>why do people hate on pre-paid phones?
Because people are jealous you can afford to pay your phone in full upfront and overall pay less for your service.

>"Fascinating creature, the crab. Got that hard exterior, but he ain't really dangerous, except to another crab. Dumb as all Hell, can't even walk straight. In fact, the only thing a crab is good for is holding back other crabs. Crab is like, "If I'm gonna die, we all gonna die!"

Anyway I paid $600 for my S7 on boost mobile upfront and only pay $45 for unlimited high speed lte. feels pretty good desu. meanwhile my sister is paying like $100 on verizon for like 5GB of data with her iphone 7 lmao

ignore normies opinions on technology, or any matter really

Prepaids aren't even that bad of deal. I can pay roughly $20 for a month of unlimited data, calls and text. For $25 I can get 4G speeds with that.

I average about $300/yr on Koodo prepaid, it's a way better fit for me since I usually make 1min calls and use very little data, I use maybe 3 or 4gb of data per year.

why do you care what other people think?

Because you can pay 30 with metro or boost

>giffgaff

muh nigga

on the same network, but with a moto Sup Forums3

>Relying that much on wireless service and not just using WiFi
>Implying this is even a daily issue