Xcode

Am I stuck with this 2.5 star IDE or is there another way to program iOS apps?

how is it inadequate?

>119 ratings

Are all macOS apps so underrated?

There are a bunch of other software suites you could use (for example Unity), but I guess it depends on what you are used to and what kind of products you want to develop.

Xamarin Studio

This just use C# to code an iOS app

Compile through the command line utilities and use VS Code or Sublime

Well you could always do pure C.

Is it possible to use command-line utilities to make an iOS app (compile/test)? Genuinely curious.

Is there an Xcode alternative for Linux? I'm taking an iOS development course, and I'd like to fuck around with it and try making something outside of class.

You can learn swift entirely without even going near a mac. Which I assume is the language your class is going with.

Yeah, we're working with Swift. I know I can do everything through the terminal, but is there a decent IDE?

Lol, I have a Mac and I don't even use that piece of shit. I use emacs.

That's for the current version.

If you're learning a language, you shouldn't use an IDE. With that said, find an editor you like (I like Geany in Linux) and see if it has a plugin for the language.

xcode is god tier

I have to use Cordova/ionic at work and trying to just have a mac as build server, feeding it from Windows. Holy fuck is xcode an obnoxious piece of shit. It's almost impossible to build and sign from ssh and it requires typing the password 4 times during a 10 minute process. Android on the other hand, 3 commands 1 minute and you get a finished, deployable apk

>Is there an Xcode alternative for Linux?
No, what the hell are you even doing in an iOS development class?

You're clearly too retarded to pass.

>I don't like to do it this way
Well, if you act like that at work you're gonna get fired.

Yes kind of.
You might have to jump through a bunch of hoops though with xcode schemes, Apple Keychain and stuff

Xcode is the worst ide I've ever used.

>mfw object pascal autism still survives

it's kinda shit desu

but it's pretty much all you've got on a mac if you want to sign and distribute anything

Nah mate, it's sucks pretty bad.

I'm not that autistic, although I see why you'd think that. The class is required for my program. Owning a Mac isn't necessary, since everything is done in class. I just wanted to know if there was something comparable to Xcode before I consider buying a Macbook.

AppCode, bud.
Top tier, like anything Jetbrains.

>virtual machine
POORFAG

>Not using Cordova
user.....

I'm starting to learn C#, so I can program cross-platform apps and games, is it really worth it?

>If you're learning a language, don't use an IDE.

Why? I never understood this. Most of the time IDE saves me a lot of time from search through the docs and just wait for the autocomplete to, well... Auto complete and read the docs from the tooltip.

It has helped me figured out and discovering a lot of new things while understanding what they do in a much more timely and efficient manner.

no memory management
it's gay shit

What do you mean by memory management?
also, what do you suggest as a cross-platform lang. ?

C