Within the next couple weeks I'll be upgrading from pic related to 50mbps fiber

Within the next couple weeks I'll be upgrading from pic related to 50mbps fiber.

I have netflix and am very excited to be able to stream HD. What are some other fun things I can do with all the extra speed? its 50mbps upload too.

Getting FiOS?
If so, it's only $20 more to go from 50/50 to 150/150.

Main thing I do is download all my Movies and TV shows in decent bitrate 1080p

its really not as fast as you think it will be

Yeah, it's FiOS. I'll probably get a faster option in the future, but right now they're kicking me off my current plan, since they're decommissioning the copper network, and by bitching like an old man about forced change, they're installing everything for free, and my monthly rate will stay the same at about $42.

Nice, i'm paying $75 for this

Been with FiOS for almost 8 years.

Cool; it's nice to hear you're still paying a reasonable price after 8 years. I had been cynically assuming they'd jack the price up quite a bit every year, but that seems like a good price for great speeds. Thanks for sharing.

I started on 15/15 at $65/month

eventually the upgraded me to 50/50 for the same price for free, but when I moved a year ago I went ahead and paid the $10 more a month for 150/150.

you can actually torrent movies/rips, games and music at what? 6.3MB/s?

get a 1tb hdd and start saving shit. at some point its gonna get very hard to pirate anything. also invest in a vpn.

I was pirating top gear on my 1MB down connection until my mom (LMAO) saw the internet speed dropped like a stone. She did a live chat with the CenturyLink rep and asked for the router password and I got scared and paused the torrent. The rep did a speedtest on our connection within seconds after I paused the torrent, and my mom got salty enough to switch to Xfinity 150mbps

Such is the NEET life.

I pay 70/month for AT&T Fiber. 1000 down and 1000 up. Best deal on the market.

There is no 'fun' you can do with it.

This kind of speed becomes normalized after a few weeks and you will start to curve downloads when they are not at least 1megabyte/sec

Too much work and you got lucky, there are easier ways, but Kek's blessings to you brother.

how about you stop being a faggot and pay for the things you want ?

You want a faster internet connection, how about you pay for it.

If you don't have a job because you are underage then gtfo of here.

yeah and it's available barely anywhere, call me when it's around a major city like washington DC or NYC like verizon FiOS.

nigga, just had to throttle through the client, you retard.

Yeah but I get fast internet now :)

If you play online multiplayer games, you'll probably get better ping.

Yeah, I get 1-3ms ping in CSGO servers on mirage with my FiOS connection.

forgot pic

This is the first of me hearing about AT&T offering fiber... people actually give them their money still?

This means that I live within a 20 minute drive of your house and if I knew where you lived I really could kill you if I had the guts

what is CSGO

counter strike global offensive, a PC game.

I'm living at my grandparents while attending school. They are using Hughesnet and it's so unbelievable bad. I just got the house serviced by Xfinity, the only possible choice, and want to "upgrade". What kind of installation costs am I looking at?