Good set of headphones under $100?

want to stay around $50 but will go higher if i need to
PIC RELATED: amazon.com/Sony-MDR7506-Professional-Diaphragm-Headphone/dp/B000AJIF4E/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1485131321&sr=8-7&keywords=headphones sony
are the above headphones good? the 9 foot cord kind of turned me off but its coiled so i dont think its too terrible

OR: amazon.com/gp/product/B00HVLUR54/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_1?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1M0GZGHL8F7T8

Please compare these too as i am clueless when it comes to this
any of suggestions pls drop

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Philips-SHP9500-Precision-Over-ear-Headphones/dp/B00ENMK1DW/
youtube.com/watch?v=RWR7t-Vqoms
youtube.com/watch?v=udLoAV7YmjA
amazon.com/Brainwavz-Hybrid-Memory-Foam-Earpad/dp/B00ZGGG3KY
amazon.com/Evercare-No-Model-Magik-Brush/dp/B001I2ER7G/
amazon.com/gp/product/B004FEEY9A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
monoprice.com/product?c_id=120&cp_id=12001&cs_id=1082303&p_id=18516&seq=1&format=2
4ourears.net/SR80_p/4e-sr80e.htm?fromgrado=yes
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They're kind of top-heavy in the sound signature but it makes well-produced music sound orgasmic if you don't want to equalize them and enjoy everything.

shit im dumb, basically i want these headphones for casual gaming like garrys mod etc. and listening to music i suppose is a plus too
also i really want them to be comfortable and not tight anything like that

which one is better the sony or audio technica and why?

7506 have the lowest listener fatigue factor. they are the standard IMHO.

Get a fucking job so you don't have to buy tin cans.

Lmaoo my faggoty brother is getting the same one... Bet OP has daddy buying shit for him

If you're only going to be using these at home in a place where others can't hear you, or if you don't mind others hearing what you're listening to (you'll also be able to heard pretty much any sounds around you), get these:

amazon.com/Philips-SHP9500-Precision-Over-ear-Headphones/dp/B00ENMK1DW/

These are bar none the most comfy headphones I've ever used, I sometimes put them on even when I'm not listening to anything because they're that comfy.
They also sound fantastic and improve your sense of direction when listening to things, which apparently is good for games though I don't play any.
But honestly if you're going to buy these for any reason do it for how absurdly comfy they are.

If you aren't using the headphones in a noisy environment, the HD 518 is really good for the price.

They were excruciating to use when I first got them and they're the reason I started using VLC in the first place.

op needs these
perfectly fits budget

Did kids really enjoy talk radio in the 80s?

Ath- m40x is 77 dollars on Amazon. Theyre pretty good.

Yeah but OP wants something comfortable and not tight.
I had M50x's and had to return them because they were literally the opposite of that - made my jaw hurt after wearing them for 30 minutes they were so tight. Also became uncomfortably warm very quickly unless the room was cold.
Based on what I've heard the M40x has basically the same pads so would suffer from those same comfort issues. /hpg/ recommends getting HM5 pads to improve the comfort (which they do, I had them as well), but imo the better option is to just get a pair of headphones that sound great and feel great without requiring replacement pads.

And those headphones are these (also cheaper)

Radio shows. Just imagine comic books being acted out over radio

the "leather" on my m40x is falling after 2 years.

Came here to post these.

both a are really good. I personally think the m40x's are better.

youtube.com/watch?v=RWR7t-Vqoms

youtube.com/watch?v=udLoAV7YmjA

Best budget headphones coming through.

Don't listen to these people:
I fell for the phililps meme, they have no isolation at all so they are more limited in their use, and the fabric ear cups suck.

>What are open-backed headphones

Mah nigs

>buying open back headphones and expecting isolation
Good job buying something you know literally nothing about.
Open back headphones are designed for home use where there won't be a bunch of other people to disturb with your music and where there aren't a bunch of external noises to leak in. If you bought these and tried to use them on a subway or something you're a retard.

>fabric ear cups suck
Are you shilling or something? They don't feel super amazing in the hands but put them on your head and I can't imagine how you wouldn't fall in love with them.

>Being an actual faggot

THESE are the best budget headphones.

>they have no isolation at all
>so they are more limited in their use
improve your reading comprehension you niggers

>I can't imagine how you wouldn't fall in love with them.
Let's see:
>absorb sweat
>pieces of hair and dandruff get stuck in pads
>not easily removed so can't be washed
>fabric has lightened in colour after 6 months of use

I can get AKG 702 priced between 558 and 598

I replaced my M50s pads with amazon.com/Brainwavz-Hybrid-Memory-Foam-Earpad/dp/B00ZGGG3KY

Very comfy, kind of affects the sound though.

Phenomenal headphones. Bought a pair for my dad recently. Very comfy, sound wonderful. Were $80 at Best Buy, but looks like that sale is over now.

If you're referring to the AM radio thing, music and shit was still played on AM frequencies until like the 90's.

>Open-backed headphones
>Expecting any isolation at all

Also:
>Absorbing sweat
>Pads changing colour

Where the fuck do you live? You've been sweating so much your pads are changing colour. Take those fucking clip-on pads off and throw them into the washing machine; just be gentle when taking them off. Also, brush your hair and dandruff off; it's as easy as that.

OP states here that his main use for headphones is casual gaming with music as a plus. That sounds to me like home use where outside noise isn't much of a concern. If you're suggesting he get headphones that are decent in every use case then you're just needlessly compromising on quality for the use case that OP has already specified. Perhaps you're the nigger who needs to work on his reading comprehension.

>absorb sweat
Are you working out with these or something? Maybe that's why you're so concerned about isolation.
>pieces of hair and dandruff get stuck in pads
amazon.com/Evercare-No-Model-Magik-Brush/dp/B001I2ER7G/
Or stop being a faggot who cares about shit that doesn't matter. Those don't affect the sound or comfort at all so what's the issue?
>not easily removed so can't be washed
Use a damp cloth. This really isn't that difficult.
>fabric has lightened in colour after 6 months of use
Once again: shit that doesn't matter

So, which one should I get? What are the differences between these and which one would you recommend?

Anons?

They're both good cans
The Senns have more wind in the sails right now, but that probably just means that a year from now they'll be the new m50 that everyone loves to hate
Go by your pocket book

>having to reply three times to get your point across

how ass mad did i make you?

ask yourself this question:
>will i ever want to use my headphones on the train/bus/plane etc.. ?
if you said yes, m40x
if you said maybe m40x
if you said no shp9500

Status CB1

gonna have to second these

being a poorfag, this is the best quality pair of headphones you will be able to get for under $100 hands down

open back plus the rich warm sound makes these a A+ in my book

my only complaint is that the cable that come with them is slightly obnoxious considering its nearly guaranteed that anyone that buys these will not be a hardcore audiophile and will likely never unplug their 1/4th inch to 3.5 mm adapter after they start using it. buts its not that big of a problem

dont buy the m40s
they're a meme

amazon.com/gp/product/B004FEEY9A/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

here's a link if you're not that tech savvy

I have a set of these I love them. I got my set from BH photo online. Best ones in comparison to the silver DJ headphones with swivels.

monoprice.com/product?c_id=120&cp_id=12001&cs_id=1082303&p_id=18516&seq=1&format=2
anyone know about these? what do they mean by very loud sound decibles?

Get the HyperX Cloud headset or Get the NVX XPT100. They're both good. Cloud is more bass heavy while the XPT100 is more neutral

XPT100 is more comfortable because of the pads and the weaker clamp but the Cloud's pads are much better than your typical stock pads on most headphones. They just aren't XPT100/brainwavz quality pads though.

If you are really a poorfag OP, follow this guy.

The post suggesting the HyperX Cloud has a variant of "Cloud Core". It's still the same cans, just with a basic accessory kit.

4ourears.net/SR80_p/4e-sr80e.htm?fromgrado=yes

>cmd+f "superlux"
>no matches
disappoint. Get the HD668B my man, best audio for $25 there is

JVC HARX700
I don't see much people recommending these but they are absolutely phenomenal for the price. On par with the Sony MDRV6 in my opnion at half the price

listener fatigue is myth senpai

Piercing highs can absolutely give you fatigue

It's just that small feeling of "wow, this sounds really good!" but then after an hour or so you mysteriously don't want to listen anymore while still thinking your headphones sound good.

The same padding on my M50s is still like brand new after 6 years with a ton of use.

Or the M40X too, really.

if you don't mind how bassy they are

OP: if you can't buy the actual V6 (which has better power handling and a much wider frequency response) then don't fucking bother.