/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

Cragglefizneur.

Other urls found in this thread:

192.168.1.4/git/project1.git
192.168.1.4/Git/project1.git/'
github.com/martin-tornqvist/ia
mega.nz/#F!qx9iSbKB!tf9hqOYjJqzo6mGvFbKSDQ
bestbuy.com/site/insignia-wireless-keyboard-and-wireless-optical-mouse-black/3527016.p?skuId=3527016
amazon.ca/SteelSeries-Rival-Optical-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B015WKY3FU/ref=sr_1_14?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1485141963&sr=1-14&keywords=corsair mouse
localhost/git/project1.git
localhost/git/project1.git/'
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleaching_of_wood_pulp
kennwilson.com/notes/2013/08/self-hosted-remote-git-repositories/
pastebin.com/smjvLZN4
filescdn.com/5xucppxim3uf/en_windows_7_ultimate_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_677332.rar
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is After Effects a good option for video editing?

If I were to get a Logitech M570 trackball, could I replace the blue ball with a red ball from the Logitech Trackman Marble? It'd only be for aesthetic purposes, so it's not a deal breaker if I can't. Using a regular mouse is killing my wrist.

Also, is there a better trackball for the price (~$25)?

what am I doing wrong?

I have a bare git repo in my apache webserver in /var/www/html/git/project1.git

but when I run git clone 192.168.1.4/git/project1.git it spits this out

Cloning into 'project1'...
fatal: unable to connect to 192.168.1.4:
192.168.1.4[0: 192.168.1.4]: errno=Connection refused

or it spits out this error:

fatal: repository '192.168.1.4/Git/project1.git/' not found

A quick google search tells me After Effects is good for exactly what it's name implies, adding after effects to a completed video. It has barebones video editing features, so you're better off with Premier if you want to stick with Adobe.

Posted this last thread when it was about to 404.

Could someone with linux please cross-compile this Cthulhu horror roguelike game for windows-users like myself and upload it somewhere? It's not terribly big. No one gives a fuck in the /vg/ threads where you'd expect someone would, and Sup Forums is out of the question. Please. I love you long time. This isn't really a question, more like a request, but I figured if someone have linux and wasn't a complete cunt, it'd be someone here.
github.com/martin-tornqvist/ia

I have a problem finding a good algorithm/way of doing the following task in mysql/PHP.

>User presses "random share"
>5 different users are picked out of the database randomly
>Every of the 5 users gets the item OP shared
>Every user who got the item can press "random share" again, so that 5 different random users get the item.

Here's the problem: The shared item should, under no circumstance, come back to any user who shared it already. I thought about creating a cache-table which contains the userID and the itemID they got, so I can randomly generate 5 users to be picked out, and check the table if the picked out users got the item already. If not, it will start to pick out 5 users again, and so on and so on until 5 users who do not have the item are picked out.

The problem is, if I have 10.000 users and 9.995 already have the item, it will take a shitload of time to randomly pick the excact 5 users who don't have the item. Any suggestion on how I can do this?

Alright... Dumb question time:

For a small experiment I'm doing, I need to run a script once a day for about a year.

The script is in ~/Desktop/project/[scriptfilename]

What command can I use to schedule it to run at midday (and how can I make sure it runs?)

use a cron daemon?

Should I have posted this in here?

Yes.

Google cron. Cron is exactly what you're looking for.

Yes.

Got a Linux USB?
Boot into it while the HDD is connected and (Search for Disk and will show all devices connected)check SMART data of the one giving problems and post it here.

Honestly sounds like the HDD is FUBAR and you need a new one.

I don't have anything Linux related, it's a Windows 8.1 laptop. Lenovo Y50-70 touch.

Well then, got a way to make one?
Or you can boot into windows with no problem?

Yeah. You also should have had a backup of anything you cared about all along. Forget about running windows until you have one. Boot either linux or winPE to back up the files you care most about, then run a full image with a macrium reflect disk. You could also stick the drive in another PC. But the situation is grim

Can I download torrents using the terminal?

will try real quick

I haven't turned it on since the buzzing, so I don't know if it will boot or how long it will last if it does.
Also, I know absolutely nothing about Linux and I'm pretty tech retarded outside of some terminology and how to open things.

I need to make a google account, but I refuse to give the faggots my phone number.

How can I avoid the verification demanding a phone number?

pronounce cache =
cash or cashay?

Download a live CD image from a different computer to a flash drive, boot from the flash drive.

In the future, if this happens again don't do an image backup, just do the important files. Use the rule of two: two is one, and one is none. If you only have it in one place, you don't have it at all.

You dont need any knowledge.

Just a way to boot into a USB instead your HDD to check the HDD status.

Its literally only Booting on it and opening the disk manager.
Im sure you have enough knowledge to open the start menu and open a program.

If you install the transmission command line interface.

You can use portable windows instead

mega.nz/#F!qx9iSbKB!tf9hqOYjJqzo6mGvFbKSDQ

use another email to be the verification.
may need to do it on a pc. may be hard to bypass on mobile signup

Either one is fine

I don't know what any of this is ;_;

Thank you in advance.

Okay, I have the following:
0 12 * * * python /Users/username/Desktop/python_project/access_politics.py
2 38 19 * * * python /Users/username/Desktop/python_project/access_politics.py

How do I (a) make sure my code runs and (b) Know the crontab is somewhere it will execute?

You have another computer around?

I will handhold you.

Download Linux Mint ISO.
Download Rufus.

Grab a empty USB.
Create a Bootable USB with those 2.
Boot to it trough BIOS or boot manager of your laptop with fucked up HDD.
Open "Disks".
Select your HDD.
Check SMART.
Post it here.

Then we will know if its fucked or nothing to worry about.

If there's potential confusion between the actual word cash and cache, pronounce it cashay

Best Mouse+Keyboard purchase for under $50?
I'd like something that has around the same layout as a Zboard MERC only without all the extra bullshit buttons on the left, and a mouse that has at least 2 buttons on it.
Only ones I've found look like they have terrible build quality and pander to the XTREME GAMERZ crowd.

Sorry... Vim screwed up and added a leading two in the second line... Just ignore that

The first one. Like money, or a cache of weapons.

We're telling you to use another computer to download an OS and stick it on a flashdrive or DVD, then boot that up on your laptop. You won't be running your regular windows install at all. Portable window is probably more familiar to you if you've never used linux before.

>we have a cache of cash to buy a cpu with max cache

Devastator 2?

Otherwise get a $10-15 OEM keyboard/laptop combo.

where should I store my contacts so I can have them across devices/services?

Trying to use youtube-dl on windows 8.1. Keep getting errors that verification failed no matter what video. I have python downloaded and installed. Is there anything else I need or is it just incompatible with 8.1?

I have google drive on my mobile device. I can make a new account and skip the phone number requirement, then sign in later on a laptop/desktop and it operates fine. You can try that.

Open a terminal, type "crontab -e" (without the double quotes) and press enter. Type the following line, substituting the full path of the application you wish to run for the one shown below, into the editor:

45 04 * * * /usr/bin/updatedb

Save your changes and exit the editor.

Crontab will let you know if you made any mistakes. The crontab will be installed and begin running if there are no errors. That's it. You now have a cronjob setup to run updatedb, which updates the slocate database, every morning at 4:45.

bestbuy.com/site/insignia-wireless-keyboard-and-wireless-optical-mouse-black/3527016.p?skuId=3527016
and i keep buying them everytime i need a new set or an old set breaks. kids wreak havoc on things. plus i use in rough environments at work.

>You have another computer around?
Just the family computer. Thank you for the instructions, I'll see what I can do. I can use the external hdd I've tried using for the backup, right? It's 2tb. Formatting is not an option though, I have other backups on there.
This makes a bit more sense, thank you.

whatever happened to that swf fiasco a year ago?

What is the best software for managing multiple monitors (I have two) on Windows and is it worth it to use all the functions?

so I work for a big company that has a 'no right to privacy' type rule for any work done on their computers and we even have to log into the computers with a key card. Is there any way to access the internet somehow if I just plug a personal device into an ethernet wall jack, or is there still some kind of control at that point?

>I can use the external hdd I've tried using for the backup, right? It's 2tb. Formatting is not an option though, I have other backups on there.
No.
Since you will have to format it.

You need a simple USB with 4-8GB.

batteries last about a year too.
the single usb dongle is helpful as well.
media keys and dedicated calculator key = bonus ;)
i should just buy a whole skid of them wholesale at some point.

Get your own computer to use together with whatever you use.

Network admin still can block you out internet.

Windows handles this by default, you shouldn't have to use a third party program.

Thank you, I'll try those options.

Would an sd card work? It's the only thing I can immediately find.

Is it good to defrag my disk right now? (25% fucked up according to Windows)

Your GPU drivers.

I guess it should.

You will need a small flash drive or DVD to put the portable OS on, but you can save the backup itself to the external HDD no problem.

It's not my first choice, but you can probably get it to boot.

Sure if it's an HDD. But windows should be handling all that automatically. Which version do you have?

you could just run linux in a vm when u feel like playing

why not rtorrent?

compiling the linux-windows cross-compiler as we speak

You don't need a program to do that.

Are you connecting to your router? Try it with 'localhost' instead of 192.168.1.4

>Devastator II
You sure? Looks like a really good deal for the price, but Amazon reviews are sort of discouraging.
Sounds like a great deal but I'm broke right now and only got money on amazon.
Plus the extra buttons on the last mouse were pretty useful.

I'm not exclusively looking for bundles, if that helps at all. I found this:
amazon.ca/SteelSeries-Rival-Optical-Gaming-Mouse/dp/B015WKY3FU/ref=sr_1_14?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1485141963&sr=1-14&keywords=corsair mouse
Which I was interested in, but I doubt I'll be able to find a keyboard for less than $10

Hey, you have a small budget, dont expect quality.

no different

git clone localhost/git/project1.git
fatal: repository 'localhost/git/project1.git/' not found

Okay, I've got an empty sd card, 8gb. All I could find. I'll see what I can do now.

I know. I hate to sound like one of "those guys".

Unfortunately neither option are working, google still demands a phone number to verify

why is toilet paper white?

I typed

50 19 * * * python /Users/username/Desktop/python_project/access_politics.py

And crontab didn't give me any errors. Despite this, the script didn't run (I know because when the script runs, it updates a file)

Is there a way I can send a message to the terminal that the program is indeed running?

Are you sure apache is set up right? Do you have a test page that's working in a browser?

Because paper needs to be bleached.

I hate to sound helpless, but which do I download? Rufus or Rufus Portable, and Linux Cinnamon or MATE?

So you can accurately diagnose if you have poo fever.

That and it's probably a pain in the ass trying to color paper into a non-white color

yeah, it works fine

I even threw a link on there that I can click to show the git repos' directory

Both Rufus should work, the only difference is taht you install one and the portable is just a .exe that you can run without installing.

Cinnamon.

wood is brown
paper is brown
bleaching adds costs
so why is it white?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bleaching_of_wood_pulp

I think you can make a system call to 'echo' in your python script. I think you would have to have a terminal open when the job is done though. Umm not sure about the system call though.

table itemhistory: itemid, userid, shared
get 5 users:
select userid from users where userid not in (select userid from itemhistory where itemid = ?) limit 5;
mark the item as shared
update itemhistory set shared = true where userid = ? and itemid = ?;
insert new shared items
insert into itemhistory (userid, itemid, shared) values (?, ?, false);

What is the error message you try to clone from localhost? Does it still say connection refused?

so you could see how clean you are when you wipe

Thank you!
The download will take a bit, so I'll report back when I do stuff.

see it can't find it

i could do that if the paper was easter blue or pastel yellow

Shoot, sorry. I think this may be an apache thing. Have you tried adding an index.html file in the git directory? If so, try to ping it. Apache isn't really my expertise.

toilet paper is usually recycled industrial (white) paper clippings
non-white (i.e. cut after printing) stuff is used for cardboard etc.

>bleached toilet paper
they stopped doing that around the same time they stopped selling leaded gas

that didn't seem to do anything

Anybody?

the crosss-compiler is taking forever to compile.
need to go to bed soon
I'll get back to it tomorrow m8 if no one does it by then

i'll post a link to a mega with the windows-compiled version here when it's all done

sorry man

Really? What mobile phone do you have? The following works on iphone.

From Drive on your phone in the management, you can chose an account or + Add account. Add an account, use more options to create a new one, enter your name/birthday/email then you get to the Add phone step, you can skip that. Then you get to the privacy statement. Confirm, set up and done.

From andriod: +Add account, Google, New, name, password, recovery password, google services, create account, authenticate/captcha, and you're done..

Ok. Have a good night.

Shit. Ok, so you're trying to self host a git repo, right?

If so, it may be better to do it with ssh. Maybe try following this tut kennwilson.com/notes/2013/08/self-hosted-remote-git-repositories/

If they're the same dimensions, it should be fine. It's just a ball used to move the actual wheel internally.

anyone have a (free and not computer AIDs filled) download for Win7?
Hell i'll take 8 or 10.

>rtorrent
Works too.

pastebin.com/smjvLZN4

Are these the right options?
Should I click start now?

You can download windows 10 directly from Microsoft. I wouldn't recommend pirating an OS though. Why not try Linux if you don't want to pay for anything??

You can get 10 for free from Windows without a key. You just get a watermark you can't remove in the desktop if you use that without activating a license but you still get full use of it otherwise. It's botnet but if you want windows it's free. Otherwise linux is always free and won't spy on you but it's horrible game support and lack of some easy to use programs turns people away.

filescdn.com/5xucppxim3uf/en_windows_7_ultimate_with_sp1_x64_dvd_u_677332.rar

Make a account, it will increase your download speed to 1MB/s.
>How do i know is the original one
Check SHA-1.

Yes.

You forgot add the message every time on boot and after a time it will start appearing randomly.
Annoying if you were doing something in fullscreen.

And literal spyware running and not being able to turn off updates.

Whats the Daz loader of windows XP? I restarted a VM and it wont let me log in without activating

Shouldn't the file system be NFTS if you're making a bootable drive?