>United States

Other urls found in this thread:

techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_GTX_1080_Amp_Extreme/29.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>buying discontinued stuff
why would you want antiques?

Why would you even buy a 970?

>3.5

I already have a GTX 970. I just wanted to do a price comparison.

I'll sell you my EVGA GTX 970 for $250. It's only 5 months old.

Here's a real question, Why the fuck are these things so expensive.
>GTX 970 899.99
>GTX 1070 429.99

I'll give you $50

Sent ;)

because they are discontinued

would this be the best time to sell a gtx 970?

some people apparently value graphics card fuckups the same as others value discontinued art misprints

Bought a 970 cheaper than a 1060 then after a few months its price sky rocketed over $500. Just look up any old hardware their price would be ridiculously high. Is there any reason why this happens or is it just what's left of the retarded sellers that sell them at high prices?

If you can get a good price. The GTX 1060 3GB is ~$200 new.

>1060 3gb
>1060 at all
>not 480 4gb. let alone 8gb.
>not even the 8gb 470
fucking plebs.

Because the 1060 3GB has almost the exact same performance. This thread is about prices of old hardware, not fanboyism.

why would I buy a card that is less than my current one.

no, it doesn't. its also severely limited by 3gb which has been shown time again in this day of age is not even enough for 1080p.

I think that this is done to force consumers to buy the newest release instead of upgrading to SLI for cheap

>would this be the best time to sell a gtx 970?
>If you can get a good price. The GTX 1060 3GB is ~$200 new.
Let me flesh out my answer, since I may have not been clear earlier. I apologize, as I am not a native English speaker, and all of this text is coming straight from Google Translate.

Is it a good time to sell a GTX 970 or not? That depends on what sort of price you can get when you sell. A new GTX 1060 3GB has nearly identical performance to the GTX 970, so an informed buyer has no incentive to buy your old GTX 970 if that is your selling price. You can probably get something like $100-$150 for your old card, if you are selling it fairly. Is that a good price for you?

Of course, you can always list it on Craigslist for $300 and tell people that your price is HALF of Newegg! That would not be ethical though.

The 470 destroys the 1055.

>4GB
topkek

Its performance wise its not. where are you getting these statistics from?

Received ;)

techpowerup.com/reviews/Zotac/GeForce_GTX_1080_Amp_Extreme/29.html

Well ya got me there but It wouldn't be worth for the extra 2% Performance.
I am definitely going to be purchasing a GTX 1070 in a few months.

I'll give you $3.50.

Supply and demand... If you want to sli another 970, that's gonna cost ya.

>That would not be ethical though.
Being a merchant is not ethical to begin with. In the old days merchants and thieves were synonymous.

I literally saw a 950 for $500 bucks one one site. I don't know what retards would buy these overpriced cards, just because they're not in production anymore doesn't make them collectors items.

does this mean i can make some money off my MSI GTX 980? got a 1080 and doubt i'll need to upgrade until the 1170

They do that to discourage people from buying previous generations. The companies that make GPUs want people to buy their new shit, and then ask vendors to hyperinflate the prices of older models so people are drawn to the new, yet still overpriced, iterations of their models.

fucking kek
>Ebay