I want to build a silent pc, is this case a good deal?

I want to build a silent pc, is this case a good deal?

Also Ive heard noctua fans are the best but theres tons of stuff I dont know, which ones are the most silent ones?

Thanks for reading

Other urls found in this thread:

pcper.com/reviews/Cases-and-Cooling/Thermalright-Le-Grand-Macho-RT-Air-CPU-Cooler-Review
youtube.com/watch?v=qlDrzMZtZ4U
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103052&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Case Fans-_-N82E16835103052&gclid=Cj0KEQiAzZHEBRD0ivi9_pDzgYMBEiQAtvxt-J42dPK3TAttDfh36MfymYktnooIthLrws6LFKHuqBIaAg6q8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds
youtube.com/watch?v=8m8fC809TK0
silverstonetek.com/tech/wh...
youtu.be/oN4e_2r8fo4?t=119
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's a good case, though you will want to remove the two Corsair fans in there if you want it to be quiet.

Get a define S

This is the fan I want to buy too

200R is a better case IMO, and usually found for cheaper.

if you want a slient pc just buy a regular build and buy a 20m displayport cable

But its not silent proof as far as I know

Check if that case has any sound cancelling foam inside. If it doesn't, get what he said, but make sure it has that material in it. Combined with noctua fans it's pretty fucking quiet.

>20+ dollars a fan
but why tho

It doesnt specific if its foam or not, just noise canceling materials

not OP but is noctua the best? silence doesnt matter for me, i just care about the best cooling (air). willing to spend whatever.

why don't you just go to your local hobby/craft store and buy a sheet of 5mm foam for $5 and spray glue it onto your existing case? you're just overpaying for bullshit if you already have a case.

Noctua fans don't compare to the Fractal Design Venturi series fans they're 140mm fans that can fit into 120mm fan slots

Also you'll want a sentry mix 2 fan controller

i mean i prefer air. uneasy about water cooling.

Pretty good when you can get them for a good price. Austrian engineering at its finest.

If you want a silent PC, take out the stock fans. They sound like jet engines on my brother's build.

that's not an FT02

there's a dedicated threads for this shit

Get a master liquid 240

Otherwise HR-22/Le Grand Macho

pcper.com/reviews/Cases-and-Cooling/Thermalright-Le-Grand-Macho-RT-Air-CPU-Cooler-Review

Do NOT try to build a silent PC. You'll soon realize that "silent" and "air-cooled" do not go together in any meaningful way. If you want actually silent cooling, go get yourself a liquid cooled case.

Trust me, as someone who has that exact case.

Liquid coolers have pump noise, the only way for true silence is a massive heat sink

No.
youtube.com/watch?v=qlDrzMZtZ4U

Or that, plenty of people have cheap fan 4 packs that are fine, you just want a fan controller
newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835103052&ignorebbr=1&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Case Fans-_-N82E16835103052&gclid=Cj0KEQiAzZHEBRD0ivi9_pDzgYMBEiQAtvxt-J42dPK3TAttDfh36MfymYktnooIthLrws6LFKHuqBIaAg6q8P8HAQ&gclsrc=aw.ds

I don't get that problem on an Fractal R4 unless the CPU is under 100% load only then can I hear the CPU fans.

oh man, Thermal right. They used to make massive copper heatsinks that weighted like 6 pounds.

This is wrong. I have a fractal design mini with 6 800rpm case fans. Case temp is about the same as room temp and the PC isn't audible below the desk.

The important thing is that ALL fans have to be quiet, if one fan (ie: PSU, CPU fan) is loud then the PC will be loud no matter what.

thanks

Spending $22 on a case fan is full retard. You can get fluid bearing fans from other brands like fractal or bitfenix for like $10 that perform identically.

its also about fan blade design

FT02 stronk

No not really, you will accomplish the same overclocks and same noise levels with either, it's not worth paying an extra $50 on your build on gay pink fans. I have 2 noctuas (given to me), 2 fractals and 2 bitfenix in my build and they are all pretty much the same thing, all have lasted over 5 years of constant use.

You're better off putting that money towards something else like a bigger hsf and just turning down the fan speeds.

Its not always about noise levels, its about air flow they create.

you dont actually believe that shit do you?

No, I dont believe in physics.

If you don't plan on doing some crazy overclocking, I have seen people find a case that has a lot of passive air cooling (vents all around) and put on a massive passive cpu heatsink and like a 200 or 300mm fan in the front of the case that spins at very low speeds to get some airflow across the components. Slow enough that it does not generate any noise from airflow or bearings. That and dual passive fanless power supplies (one for GPU, one for the rest of the system) since 500+ W fanless PSUs are too expensive.

I have seen systems like this in person and they beat out all of those quiet cases and have decent temps.

When you have 6 case fans it doesn't matter that a fan that costs twice as much pushes 2cfm more. I can flat out just turn off 2 of my case fans and have the same case temps.

There is a point of diminishing returns.

Fans like this also help to not blow dust around everywhere.

When you are spending $300 on a nice case, what's another $50 for nicer fans?

All the small things will add up

$300 case is fucking retarded too. Define mini is like $90, and it has dust filters.

Flush your money down the toilet.

but clearly you believe their marketing bullshit

I have a PC with Noctua NH-D15 and 4 Noctua case fans in Corsair 400Q, the only thing I can hear is HDD.

I have one of those fans, you can clearly feel the air move in a straight column up.
Normal fans blow off to the side, and have a dead spot directly above them

oh you can 'feel' the air move different! that changes everything

I have a couple more things for you to 'feel' if you're interested ;)

Not an argument retard

your feelings are not arguments either :^)

youtube.com/watch?v=8m8fC809TK0

>marketing bullshit
>he doesn't know the difference between Static Pressure fans to an Air Flow fan

lurk more

Don't get that one unless you have a poorfag build.

>For additional information on why and how we developed Air Penetrator fan, please check out the below article on our website:
silverstonetek.com/tech/wh...

wow ur objective sources are killing me

Forgot to add, try Phanteks P400S.

All that truly matters are delta fans

youtu.be/oN4e_2r8fo4?t=119

Reminds me of my Tornado fan

The only thing that should be killing is you, yourself your fat piece of human wanna be shit

wow, you get so angry defending the expensive fan purchase you made

I am sorry you are angry

Cant you just isolate your case with fomy covers?

What could go wrong?

For $80 you might as well get a Fractal Design R4, those are quite good for silent computers

Have you seen them at load, or OC'd?