Firefox 51 released

Mozilla has already uploaded firefox 51 up to their FTP. Expect release notes to come out later today or tomorrow.

tl;dr on what covers this update
archive.is/6fqbV

Thoughts Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-51.0-SSL&os=win&lang=en-US
download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-51.0-SSL&os=win64&lang=en-US
download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-51.0-SSL&os=win&lang=ru
download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-51.0-SSL&os=win64&lang=ru
download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-51.0-SSL&os=win&lang=uk
download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-51.0-SSL&os=win64&lang=uk
reddit.com/r/waterfox/comments/5klz13/once_firefox_prevents_us_from_installing_legacy/
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>2K17
>firefox
come on now

They should start jumping ten version numbers at a time. Then they'd look like they were YEARS ahead of Chrome and people would definitely switch back.

Still least shitty browser there is. In a sea of shitty forks, even shittier browsers, and botnet browsers firefox ends up least shitty.

Indeed. Here are Windows download links (:

EN-US:
download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-51.0-SSL&os=win&lang=en-US
download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-51.0-SSL&os=win64&lang=en-US

Russian:
download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-51.0-SSL&os=win&lang=ru
download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-51.0-SSL&os=win64&lang=ru

Ukrainian:
download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-51.0-SSL&os=win&lang=uk
download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-51.0-SSL&os=win64&lang=uk

It already had multi process support for months. Why is this listed as "new"?

Is this the version that hard requires PulseAudio for audio playback on Linux?

ALSA support is dropped in 52. This changes a lot for me because 51 and ESR 45 might be my last firefox if I'm forced to use pulseaudio.

хoхлы нe люди

oh boy more diverse emojis! I can't wait to update!

24esr 4 lyfe

Are you out of your mind? Why would you use a version that ancient?

trips are always true

>firefox 51 is out
>nightly is still at 53
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Did you check the FTP to see if they uploaded it? If not, it'll probably come out tomorrow.

This. People need to stop hating on Firefox just because some SJW prick is running the company.

>he uses mainnstream browsers
>he falls for the botnet

but muh spoopy sjw boogeyman!!!

Nightly 54 is already out, niggers, just updated

Someone please do the open 30 websites at once test again, please.

I have to work i a NT based environment at work and Firefox often freeze. This never happens on my GNU+Linux system running nothing but free software. Why would anyone use non-free shitty software?

>NT based
Found the problem

>Thoughts Sup Forums?
Why the fuck would you wanna use Fireshit in 2017? It's slow as fuck. renders like shit, and is run by SJWs.

Nothing better exists, I have heard that seamonkey is very close and could be a replacement.

кeк

>54
>not 55
How can winfags even compete?

ungoogled chromium is what I use. it's miles ahead of FF.

I used FF for 5 years before but switched 5 months ago. would never go back.

I'm looking into it, but I right now don't fully trust some random guys github fork.

source is there + commit history.

Does it have tree style tabs?

That's the only reason I've not switched from Firefox yet.

no idea what that is brah. why don't you install and try to make it suit your interests? it's not like it's fucking hard. give it a try and see how fast that shit is.

source on firefox being a botnet browser pls?

The codebase is huge. It would be trivial as fuck to hide something horrible in it.

>Does it have tree style tabs?
>needing 50 tabs open
No it does not.

He was just memeing, there is zero evidence of botnet with Firefox

в мocквe мaлo мeчeтeй

cyкa блять

Firefox is coded by a large community of peopole. WTF is wrong with you? SWJfox? Why? ...

Meчeти пycть в нaцoкpaинaх cтaвят.

they dropped a lot of stuff just so they can copy-paste chrom* shitcode easier onto sjwzilla (while ate the same time claiming that the reasoning for the stuff dropped because is because of the lack of testing equipment, when some tests for the stuff dropped have been _disabled_ for months prior to this)
this will not playout good for sjwzilla, even with the new branding it will bleed money if they continue to drop support for those that have been loyal

>flac support
>not webp

Literally only you give a shit about webp, stop spamming it every thread. Nobody else gives a shit, it's not important.

Never ever. After FF 57, there will be no browsers with TST.

yeah...A LARGE COMMUNITY OF MELANING LOVING CUM SNORTING SJWS, FUCK YOU

*MELANIN

fucking christ

e10s motherfucker... get here... fully... faster....

Caveman here, reading up a little, why use ungoogled-chromium over iridium?

they both seem similar. pick whichever one you like better. both are better options than Chromium and much better options than Chrome.

I was curious since you mentioned it, uchromium seems to be based on iridum. Gonna start with uchromium since with those changes it could work faster than chrome.

Just drop that shit and finish Servo already, Mozilla.

>Just drop that shit and finish Servo already, Mozilla.
as if better rendering is Firefox's main problem.. kek.

nothing will save Firefox now. it would take a decade for them to reach 50% of web usage again and they'll be long dead (as an org) by then.

Are they still phasing out non-web-extension extensions by 2018?
So retarded.

>phasing out their only advantage over Chrome

>we're phasing out all our users by 2018!

Yeah, ESR 52 will be the last good ESR despite forced PulseAudio.

what about forks? i'm not talking retarded shit like palemoon, but waterfox for example
it's basically the same as firefox with removed telemetry, and the author said that they will not remove web extensions (don't have source atm, google it)

reddit.com/r/waterfox/comments/5klz13/once_firefox_prevents_us_from_installing_legacy/

>There are some things I've been considering:
> Switch Waterfox to ESR starting from 52 (with the hopes that 59 ESR keeps XUL, then backport security patches when XUL/XPCOM are completely deprecated)
> Try keep XUL alive (bearing in mind it's already 15 years old at this stage, and I'm just one person, then we're heading down a similar route to Pale Moon...)
> Follow Mozilla and differentiate Waterfox with features (legacy type add-ons can be integrated at build time as there won't be a limitation to using webextensions, but the API for that hasn't been defined yet last time I looked)

Enjoy the new font rendering engine that probably fucked up your rendering, anons.

Whats wrong with palememe?

the only good thing in firefox: the extensions
they are not there

So why is mozilla fucking firefox up like this?

So whats the best gecko based browser?

Yeah they are

They're just older versions