Linux needs telemetry

Linux needs telemetry.

I've using Windows 10 in this laptop I got about a year ago, and in that year, the improvements to Windows 10 and Edge has been abysmal , I feel my laptop more responsive, never chash on me and is more memory efficient, and I can't avoid to think that all these improvements are thanks to telemetry, becase MS knows how I use my laptop and can tune it for me. And I was thinking that the Linux Desktops would suck less if they had telemetry to get the information they need to improve, I'm talking about good telemetry that users can control and is completly anonymous and is not for porposes of advertising why aren't distros doing this?

Install Gentoo

The point of linux is to improve the os features yourself, not be spoonfed what most pajeets want

Thanks, but I'm not asexual.

So retarded answer, they could improve drivers and memory usage.

>the improvements to Windows 10 and Edge has been abysmal
>abysmal

immeasurably low or wretched : extremely poor or bad

>tfw an actual obvious street shitter posts on Sup Forums

can you explain how telemetry improves Windows 10?

|
|>
|
|

I'm talking about my own experience here, in the beggining Windows 10 in my laptop at times awas crawling and some drivers had problems, edge also has problems consuming 100% cpu in certains websites, now it is a pleasing experience, all those problems are gone with the updates, I believe that the information send with telemetry helped to that.

>tune it for me
lol of course they do

>abysmal
>good
fucking english

I feel it as fast as XFCE.

Ironically, Windows stability have been going downhill ever since Microsoft fired their testers and instead opt for unsolicited telemetry.

I'm sure it's from telemetry and not pajeets working a year on fixing the bugs they initially introduced

The question si, would help Linux to have some healty telemetry that help upstream developers? I say yes.

Well, you stupid faggots, anything to say for yourselves?
You can send information back to the dev if you want. You haven't ever used linux, so you wouldn't know that

On what kind of hardware? If you have moderately powerful hardware, it's not that surprising nor impressive that win10 and xfce both run smoothly.

So, let's suppose your opinion is not completely retarded for a minute here.

Why not, and I know I'm just being a crazy lunatic here, but why not develop a smart algorithm that runs locally on your device and does all that "tuning" instead of a person/server remotely? The OS would fine-tune itself to your needs, without needing to communicate any information to anyone. Now wouldn't that be great user? Wouldn't it be just great?

Alright, the minute's up, your opinion is retarded.

> the improvements to Windows 10 and Edge has been abysmal

Okay, I'm with you so far. Makes sense.

> I feel my laptop more responsive, never chash on me and is more memory efficient

Hmmm. So from all these good thing, you conclude that the OS improvements have been "abysmal"?

My first thought here is that you're having some kind of problem pertaining to your vocabulary, logical analysis, reasoning skills, or cognition.

Its a pajeet, Einstein

>let's suppose your opinion is not completely retarded for

>He post a even more retarded opinion.

Stay pleb.

>improve the os features yourself

Most people can't program, let alone dedicate days to modifying, recompiling and debugging software. Leaving this solely to each individual user to tend to this themselves is not consumer-friendly.

Is not about Windows 10, the question is if telemetry would help Linux DEs to suck less.

You seem to miss the point

the whole job of the developers is to do the bare minimum while the community does the rest

>5 rupees have been deposited to your account

How is that more retarded you asswipe? It's a local solution that solves the problem of telemetry for retards that can't into tweaking. It should be an option, not a forced feature dumbnuts.

Users use their computer in a way developers doesn't predict or imagine, this would help them to know how the user interact with the software they programmed.

>, but why not develop a smart algorithm that runs locally on your device and does all that "tuning" instead of a person/server remotely

Becuase:

a) Those algoritms are not simple to code and won't predict a shit.
b) Becase those algorithms are worless if they find a bug becuase the algorithm won't fix it, the developer will.
c) You watch to much sci-fy.

Aiming for the possible instead of the extraordinary is the road to mediocrity. Stay pleb dear user.

No wonder it took Linux DEs 20 years to get 2% of market share, with the mentality of some freetards like you.

>overgeneralizing to support personal opinion while ignoring facts

Yes, please, tell me more about how I'm part of the cancer user.

Here's an anecdote:
I updated to windows 10 the moment it went public. I was getting occasional bsods caused somewhere in the graphics driver. A friend that had a similar configuration was experiencing the same issue.

Then roughly a week later it stopped happening.

I had telemetry disabled but thanks to people who didn't, my issue was fixed relatively quickly.

This means the improvements have been terrible. This does not make sense with the rest.

You must install Gentoo.

>Linux needs telemetry.
No, it doesn't. Telemetry is shit, and fuck everything that limits privacy.

>MUH EXPERIENCE
They just fixed some bugs they themselves created. Again, fuck telemetry. You know nothing about Linux and what it needs.

>Yes, please, tell me more about how I'm part of the cancer user.

I'm done with you freetard, good ridance.

I'm not going away user. I will continue haunting Sup Forums for the rest of time. I will keep spreading the cancer, just to spite you.

Is my own experiece, the difference is that I do actually use Windows 10, not like the mayority of loud freetards here who don't.

>mayority

Pajeet?

By, back to ///reddit with you

>You know nothing about Linux and what it needs

Oh, I know it needs to suck less, that's all I need.

Linux has telemetry. e.g. Debian's popcon.

It's just disabled by default and strictly opt-in, so nobody is forced to participate or tricked into doing so, if they don't want to.

actually a good developer lays out all possiblr uses for their software, inputs, and do crash tests

Developers are as human as you and I, telemetry is just a tool to make their work more afficient and acurate, and I'm talking about good telemetry, not the abobination Windows 10 has.

They already have telemetry

which ones?

>Linux
>Consumer friendly

Go shit in someone else's street, Rajeesh

K

ROASTED

FUCK will gentoofags EVER recover?!

>Linux (((needs))) (((telemetry)))(((.)))

>(((I've using ((((((Windows))) 10))) in this laptop I got about a year ago, and in that year, the (((improvements))) to ((((((Windows))) 10))) and (((Edge))) has been (((abysmal))) , I feel my laptop more responsive, never chash on me and is more (((memory))) (((efficient))), and I can't avoid to think that all these (((improvements))) are thanks to (((telemetry))), becase (((((((((MS))))))))) knows how I (((use))) my laptop and (((can tune it for me))). And I was thinking that the Linux Desktops would suck less if they had (((telemetry))) to get the ((((((information)))))) they need to (((improve))), I'm talking about (((good))) (((telemetry))) that users can (((control))) and is (((completly anonymous))) and is (((not for porposes of advertising))) why aren't distros doing this(((?))))))

lol shut up pol

This may actually be a highly intelligent bait thread

Linux gets telemetry when you learn to poo in the loo.

Well instructions were incomplete, you need to smoke some NO2 gas first.
Well Remix OS already takes telemetry. People called it botnet shortly after.

All mainstream ones.

Link?

There is nothing wrong with making Linux consumer-friendly.

>link
You don't need a link to know that, just use Linux. Telemetry is 100% optional on Linux. When a program crashes you're opted to send info about your PC, installed software and some other things to help fix wherever bug caused your software to crash.

>Linux needs telemetry
If my distro starts doing telemetry, i'll switch to another one.

>using lisp language is pol

i would use telemetry
t linux /freebsd user

I thought that's what systemd is supposed to do.

Definitely not because bugs are reported and fixed and because there's a whole team dedicatrd solely to that, must be a benefit of being spied on!

Don't you trust Linux developers?

>I'm talking about my own experience here

lol

Nice arguments freetard, I hate Windows now.
/s

>dumb child reacts to placebo
>thinks that the spyware he has on his computer makes it faster

Look at that, the same trick people fell for in the 90s still work

im not making any arguments

i'm just laughing at OP because he's so fucking retarded

>retarded

>He laughts for nothing.

I think the retarded is not him but you, user.

>when pajeets try to insult people

Linux already has a better way of improvement than telemetry, it's called bug reports.
It just doesn't work on Windows due to the dumbness of it's users and the inability of users to get good debugging info because it is proprietary software.
And no we don't need dumb users on Linux.

>Linux already has a better way of improvement than telemetry, it's called bug reports.

I've read retarded replies, but this one takes the cake.

Linux distros are targeted to their users. Gentoo is not ment for mum and dad. They can use ubuntu which just werks.

So are you telling me that it's easier to fix a a bug by looking at a automatically collected log than having a user description of how to replicate it and the respective debug log?

Just be careful with the kind of cakes you have been eating.

You're an idiot and you don't know what you're talking about.

Telemetry is used when incompotent developers don't know how to properly manage large code bases, don't know how to write tests, and are too lazy to get off their asses and do their jobs, so they spy on their users so if shit hits the fan, when it inevitably does due to their incompetence, they get a nice report so they can fix their shitty code and go back to jerking off in their $70k/yr job.

And this, gentlemen, is why Linux will never gain an acceptable market share to encourage developers to port their software.

Just develop for Ubuntu.

>MS knows how I use my laptop and can tune it for me

I'm sorry to inform you but we don't need proprietary software. And if it is free software we can easily port it ourselves.

Yeah, that CPU usage was building .NET shit for your machine so that it would be faster than some generic .NET binaries/libs

Why windows users are so computer illiterate Sup Forums?

They're literally soccer mom tier kek

>Telemetry is used when incompotent developers don't know how to properly manage large code bases

So Google's Android developers are a bunch of incompetent according to you.

Linux developers are even more incompetent, that why they need telemetry.

>we don't need proprietary software
that is what you think

Yes, Google's Android developers are a bunch of incompetent cunts. Their OS relies on *Java*, has absolutely abysmal security, and is a RAM/Battery drain on the best of days.

(before you automatically jump to the conclusion, no, I don't think iOS is any better. All mobile OS's are completely shit.)

>abysmal
So you hate telemetry but you are endorsing it? Wtf are you trying to convey?

It's called Lagdroid for a reason. And it usually gets less laggy as you remove the google stuff from it.
So probably the incompetent here is you.

>i had telemetry disabled

No you didnt, those "switches" do jack shit matey

There are benefits in telemetry when is do it the right way.

fuck off microsoft shill, we know what you are planning

>He said as poo rained down outside his apartment. His upstairs neighbor had a spicy curry with a little too much fecal matter in it, so that meant he had no choice but to shit on the street below, even though it wasn't a designated street. There was no indoor toilets for several miles in any direction.

Telemetry in Linux wouldn't be a bad idea, of course, it needs to be implemented in a very transparent way.

I have officially now seen that used as an insult.

I'm asexual and even I'm not installing Gentoo

You're too young to remember the other Windows releases. It's called active development and has been the way Windows has worked for years.

Son, I've using Linux since 1997 and Windows since 1994, I know both,

>No you didnt, those "switches" do jack shit matey
As much as you might hate the fact, all of telemetry can be disabled on enterprise edition through documented means.
Microsoft isn't retarded, they need to provide a way for people to use their software in environments where security is considered very important.

Somebody please tell me, if Linux had telemetri, what reason would there be to use it instead of Windows?
All the privacy advantages are now out of the window, and the security is now worse, since malware would be installed by default (like on W10).
All the pain in the ass of using Linux and all the missed advantage of using it instead of Windows wouldn't be worth it anymore.

Seriously, what reason would you have to use Linux if it had W10-like telemetry?
Except obviously some rare linux-only application that has no Windows alternative.

>And I was thinking that the Linux Desktops would suck less if they had telemetry to get the information they need to improve
Linux desktop sucks a lot less than Windows. Also, you could just try filing bug reports and feature requests like a sensible person. But no, I suppose you'd rather literally shill on Sup Forums.